Start by marking “Debunking 9/11 Debunking: An Answer to Popular Mechanics & Other Defenders of the Official Conspiracy Theory” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  142 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Published June 21st 2007 by Arris Books (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Debunking 9/11 Debunking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Debunking 9/11 Debunking

The Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe Bad Beginning by Lemony SnicketHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingThe Wide Window by Lemony SnicketThe Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket
Best Book to read while Bored
23rd out of 57 books — 21 voters
The Shock Doctrine by Naomi KleinA People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn1984 by George OrwellManufacturing Consent by Noam ChomskyThe Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx
Best Left-Texts
87th out of 329 books — 149 voters

More lists with this book...

Rachel
Apr 24, 2008 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I really appreciated this book - it was a meticulously researched, well-reasoned critique of the government's official story. This book put into words what I suspected since that awful day - that the official government story made absolutely no sense. It doesn't matter that none of the other "conspiracy theories" make any sense either. What matters is that the government had an obligation to provide the American people with a valid, reasonable, logical explanation of how such a horrible tragedy ...more
Daniel Thompson
Jun 29, 2010 Daniel Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The real inside job, the most destructive one, is the control of the US media by covert intelligence agencies. Even if one were disinclined to delve into "Project Mockingbird," "The Mighty Wurlitzer," etc. (representing, to be sure, the tip of the iceburg that has long ago punctured our listing ship of state), the outlines of Control can be clearly be seen in the coordinated ad hominem, fact-challenged smear pieces that Griffin debunks in this book. One can almost detect a single editorial voice ...more
Ryan Mac
Dec 19, 2008 Ryan Mac rated it really liked it
A friend of mine is a 9/11 conspiracy guy so I thought that I would check this book out. I read the Popular Mechanics book first and found it to be very lacking in substance. This book does not have that problem. This book loads the reader with tons of facts and references that provide ample evidence to put Popular Mechanics and the official story into doubt. An interesting read, no matter what you think about the whole situation.
Jamaica
Nov 30, 2012 Jamaica rated it it was amazing
This book seriously changed my life. It's an exaggeration but I feel like I connected to it because I'm always questioning authority and this book does that. It strengthen my soul to know that such beautiful arguments exist. I love this book. It's a must read for anyone who is interested in proving others wrong.
Cyndi
Apr 23, 2015 Cyndi rated it it was ok
I think I was expecting a little bit more. This book was written like a magazine article and for good reason -- the author is from Popular Mechanics. It felt like he just took a bunch of his articles and strung them together for a book. This book isn't that long and one would think there would be alot more conspiracies to de-bunk than what was written. Some it of it was long-winded like he felt he had to explain in great detail why the conspiracies are not plausible. I'm not a conspiracy theory ...more
Rowland
Mar 10, 2016 Rowland rated it liked it
Tne mind of David Ray Griffin against the Pentagon, the State Department, the CIA, Homeland Security, the FBI. He takes them all on and wins in this astonishing display of his reasoning powers.
Kathryn Pavao
May 27, 2013 Kathryn Pavao rated it it was amazing
Awesome book and supported by so many facts. Unfortunately ignorance is bliss and when you have the media who is eager for a headline story any uneducated idiot can pull what they want from the details of an event and say only what they want to say to prove their point. Science is science and facts are facts. Ignorant idiots should be placed back under the rock they came from since they refuse to educate themselves with ALL of the facts and truth.
John
Nov 13, 2007 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with an open mind!
Shelves: politics
Griffin does a terrific job refuting the 9/11 "findings" of the Popular Mechanics "de-bunking" book, as well as the 9/11 Commission. My eyes did glaze over some during the highly technical discussion of the World Trade Center details, but only an absolute, complete, diehard Administration loyalist could come away not accepting that the "official" story is nowhere near the truth, the whole truth and nothing-but-the-truth.
Phil
Nov 29, 2008 Phil added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: morons.
Recommended to Phil by: myself.
My first foray into David Ray Griffin was quite enthralling. Kind of makes me want to read the 9/11 Commission Report, and other documents he sought to debunk. Minimal knowledge on the topic is required to follow along.
Amy
This book was difficult to get through because of the paranoid and scattered style in which it was written. I found the documentary "Loose Change" to be a better summation of the truth movement's arguments.
Dennis McMahon
Nov 29, 2010 Dennis McMahon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another David Ray Griffin gem. An excellent book to keep for reference when evaluating 9/11 debunker claims.
Jahn
Oct 06, 2008 Jahn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paused
some mindBlowin shit! an excellent intro to the convoluted topic of state-sponsored false flag terrorism.
Andrea
Jul 25, 2011 Andrea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
if Griffin left out all his quips and jabs, the book would be half its length and hold more power.
Jack
Oct 24, 2009 Jack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. It sums up the stupidity of 9/11 Truthers.
Ryan
Feb 17, 2008 Ryan rated it liked it
Gordon
Dec 07, 2007 Gordon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Uncle Tommy
Amazingly thorough research. What to do, what to do...
Vida
Vida marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Susan Skinner
Susan Skinner marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Joseph MacLean
Joseph MacLean marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Taryn-Lee Biggar
Taryn-Lee Biggar rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Dominic Mitchell
Dominic Mitchell marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
C
C rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2016
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Lilly
Lilly marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Ricky Riccardo
Ricky Riccardo marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
  • 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA
  • The Design of Life: Discovering Signs of Intelligence in Biological Systems
  • The Terror Conspiracy: Deception, 9/11 & the Loss of Liberty
  • The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: The CIA & Mind Control
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism  And Intelligent Design
  • American Conspiracies: Lies, Lies, and More Dirty Lies that the Government Tells Us
  • Secrets of Antigravity Propulsion: Tesla, UFOs, and Classified Aerospace Technology
  • A Meaningful World: How the Arts and Sciences Reveal the Genius of Nature
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science
  • Plausible Denial: Was the CIA Involved in the Assassination of JFK?
  • The True Story of the Bilderberg Group
  • The Hunt for Zero Point: Inside the Classified World of Antigravity Technology
  • Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil
  • The Edge of Evolution: The Search for the Limits of Darwinism
  • One Universe: At Home in the Cosmos
  • Science and Human Origins
  • Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design
  • A Tragic Legacy: How a Good vs. Evil Mentality Destroyed the Bush Presidency
Dr. Griffin, a retired emeritus professor of Philosophy of Religion and Theology at the Claremont School of Theology, has published over 30 books and 150 articles. His 9/11 books have been endorsed by Robert Baer, William Christison, William Sloane Coffin Jr., Richard Falke, Ray McGovern, Paul Craig Roberts and Howard Zinn.
More about David Ray Griffin...