New Mutants, Vol. 3: Fall of the New Mutants

New Mutants, Vol. 3: Fall of the New Mutants (New Mutants III #4)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Coming out of SECOND COMING, the New Mutants who are still left are licking their wounds on a forced R & R trip.

While they try and put themselves back together, others are looking to take them apart. A strange secretive military group has an agenda involving Illyana Rasputin. And they don't want to give her a medal.

Collects New Mutants #15–21
Published March 23rd 2011 by Marvel

Sean
I love when a writer can bring up an old idea, no matter how old, that might have been dropped or forgotten and tie it to a current storyline. Most times its strictly nostalgia that makes me like those stories but here Zeb Wells does an amazing job of plucking something from the past and hammering you with it in the present. While stories involving Limbo usually don’t offer anything new, this was not the case here. I really enjoyed Wells’ plot and his dialogue really fits each individual charact...more
Tanabrus
Una gran bella saga.
I membri del gruppo, in mano a Wells, continuano a evolversi e a maturare. Trame a lunga gittata trovano completamento, e ci si riallaccia addirittura al motivo per cui Illyana è tornata sulla Terra al salvataggio di Karma.

Atmosfere cupe, scelte difficili, e una mastermind che per ottenere il proprio scopo manipola tutti quanti con spietata efficienza. Per l'ennesima volta, dopo chissà quanti fallimenti.

Un'ottima Illyana, ma molto buone anche le caratterizzazioni di Sam e Dan...more
Ryan
I have liked most of this series, probably mostly out of nostalgia. I remember reading the original series and eventually gave up around the time that Rob Liefield came around and screwed things up. Zeb Wells has done a consistent job with building the characters and the main artist, Leonard Kirk finds a way to make them look similar to their original design and body type. Other, more recent artists try too hard to grom most of them up, but Kirk manages to make them look older in a believable wa...more
William Thomas
I'm not going to hold it against Zeb Wells that he was a writer for the godawful Adult Swim staple Robot Chicken, because It doesn't detract from the fact that he can write the hell out of a comic book. Although the start of this series was as bland as can be, this mashup between 'Inferno' and 'Fall of the Mutants' may not exactly have a huge impact on the X-verse, but it is pretty damn fun. The only drawback is the fact that the characterization is still weak. Wells just doesn't know these char...more
Choco-cat
This was very enjoyable, even though I had read some of the issues individually already. I don't know how I feel about Illyana not necessarily being a good guy, but I like the Limbo storyline.
Kerry
I don't really like jumping into a series part way through, but this one turned out okay. I rather enjoyed this one and will definitely go back and read the beginning of the series.
Shannon Appelcline
At times, it's hard to follow, but this is an excellent capstone to both Wells' run on the New Mutants and to 25 years worth of stories about Illyana and Limbo.
Richard Anderson
Richard Anderson marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Bahart
Bahart marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Arturo
Arturo marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Paulius
Paulius marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
harj
harj marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Felicia Weems
Felicia Weems marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Olalla
Olalla marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Smax
Smax added it
Aug 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways The Amazing Spider-Man: The Gauntlet, Volume 5: Lizard Avenging Spider-Man: My Friends Can Beat Up Your Friends Carnage, U.S.A. Carnage