Texas Whirlwind

Texas Whirlwind

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  29 reviews
A summer storm in Galveston mirrors the whirlwind of problems Emma Hayes encounters after she adopts Haitian twin girls and runs into her old high school love-ending in a battle for custody when strangers contest the adoption. Is it true that she bought love with her ready-made family or can she trust the One that the even wind and waves obey? A Christian romance.
Published (first published September 2002)

Dawn
Emma Hayes acts on faith and adopts twin girls from Haiti. Yet she soon discovers that as a single parent things aren't easy. When she moves back to Galveston, Texas, she reconnects with her high school sweetheart, Travis Taylor. Only now he's Dr. Taylor and her daughters' doctor. Soon both realize that they still have feelings for each other. But a sudden custody suit puts their budding relationship on hold.

This was a cute book. I adored the twins. I thought that the characters could have been...more
Claire
Blythe puts you in Galveston Tx right away. I thought Travis was a really nice, honest and loyal character. Emma has her problems which showed her human side, but she was kinda annoying in the way she responded or handled her problems. I thought the twins were cute. I felt Blythe did a good job in showing her knowledge of the medical and legal professions. It kept me interested.
The book started out strong. There was a lull or slow part but Blythe was able to suck me back into the book.
The reas...more
Angela Bycroft
This was a delightful little tale - just right to curl up with on a wet day.

Emma is a independent strong willed young woman who has just returned from Haiti with twin girls whom she has adopted. Enrolling them at a local medical practice she is surprised (understatement of the year) to find her old boyfriend Travis is the physician assigned to treat them.

So begins a tale of unrequited love which has never died - even though Emma has been away for many years. The twists and turns which add to t...more
Brittany
This book got off to a really good start and it was an interesting read. However, halfway through the story, I just became very frustrated with the heroine of the book. She drove me crazy with the way she treated Travis and I kept wanting her to figure things out and straighten up!

The writing was good and did keep me interested, but the ending was very, very sudden and did not fulfill my expectations.

This is a good, light read, although not a favorite.
Amanda
This book was well written. I’ve read Bonnie Blythe before and appreciate her talent. I mostly enjoyed this book, though it was occasionally a bit melodramatic for my tastes. I’m not counting this as a flaw. I just prefer a love story where the characters have a little fun together between long looks and aching hearts. Here you have two people with a history who are tentative to restart a relationship. I bought their reasons and hoped for a happy ending for them. At one point, however, both char...more
Maritza
This book was ok...some parts were really good and some parts could have been better ...I think the thing that bugged me the most was the constant use of exclamation points...it seemed like ever other sentence had one. Why so many? Are they yelling at each other ? Ugh I don't know... But the plot seemed pretty good I just wished the author would have been able to make the story a little more cohesive...
Joan Arning
Emma adopts twin girls from Haiti despite her parents' and fiance's disapproval. She moves back to Texas where she discovers the girls' pediatrician is her old high school sweetheart, Travis. Emma wants to prove she can make it on her own with her daughters but Travis and his elderly matchmaking neighbor have other ideas.
Melanie
I liked the story, but didn't like the ending - things seemed to wrap-up too quickly. The characters were fine, though I don't have a favorite. [2.5 stars]
Meagen
I am a big fan of Bonnie Blythe's books but this one has been my least favorite. The main character is naive, indecisive and completely unsure of herself, and while these types of people are common they are really hard to enjoy reading about.
Joyce Drawdy
Up lifting! Great reading for any christian reader. Would highly recommend this book for all ages.

Uplifting! Great reading for any Christian. It encourages faith in what the Lord can do no matter the circumstances. Would highly recommend for all ages.
Deanne
A couple of things about the weather in Houston caused me to think I wouldn't like this book. I'm glad I decided to read a little further because I was hooked as soon as I found out Emmaline Hayes, single and on her own, had adopted twin toddlers from Haiti. Romantic conflict begins as soon as Emma's path crosses that of her high school sweetheart and doesn't let up. I passed the 50% mark about eleven one night, the plot thickened with a threat to the adoption, and I read into the wee hours to f...more
Michelle
y main trouble with this story? It left me wanting more. But then, I've always been that way, hating to see things that I like come to an end. I suppose it's a change of pace versus the waiting that often comes with reading series novels.

The story of Emma, her adopting two sweet little girls from Haiti, and Travis -well, it's simply heart warming. I truly laughed, felt the familiar twinge in my heart in Emma's moments of questioning her parenting ability, cried, and cheered!

This is a great quick...more
Jody
Texas Whirlwind is a story with conflict, love and devotion, all within a Christian fellowship of people who live their faith. Emma feels God has guided her to adopt two Haitian twin girls. Travis, her long ago high school sweetheart, becomes the girls' doctor and helps Emma with the challenges and conflict that comes her way. This is an inspiring story where people trust in their faith to find happiness. The happy ending was the bonus.
Angie
This was a very emotional story. Good undertones of trusting in God to lead you through the storm. Emma and Travis aren't just up against their past history, but vengeful exs, a crooked judge and battered hearts. I enjoyed the story alot, I thought the ending was a bit abrupt, though everything was pretty much closed. I wouldn't have minded a glance into the future to see what happened, guess I'll just have to imagine it.
Shelley Chastagner
Trust and faith in God as well as one another are themes in this sweet christian novel. The characters draw you in and you find yourself routing for the leading man, frustrated with the struggles of the female lead, and laughing over the antics of the nosiest matchmaker in their church. I loved that "prayer first" was a repeated mantra.
Heather
This was a clean, light, easy read. I got a little annoyed at how deeply the characters were stuck in their ruts. If this is a book about faith, show some and move forward already! I wasn't completely satisfied with the end as I felt people got away with bad behavior and no consequences.
Sandie Mixa
This is the first book I've read from this author. I really enjoyed it. The whole dynamic of the twins, her connection to her old flame, and her own feelings of inadequacy made for an interesting and fast paced plot. I couldn't put it down!
Anna Todd
A new author I discovered through a free Kindle book. I liked this writer's style and hope to read more of her books. Perhaps the story was a bit predictable but I appreciated Ms. Blythe's highly descriptive and entertaining story-telling.
Cici
No thanks. The heroine cannot let go. It is tiresome. The ex girlfriend revenge is belabored! Please allow someone some happiness. The ending is rushed! No thanks. Seems to be a theme reading other reviews for your other books.
Shelley Wead
I enjoyed this story of Emma's struggles to be independent and yet come to realize that you don't have to be on your own to be independent.

Nice story.
Christian romance. Emma adopts twins and her life becomes complicated. How does she know she is in God's will. Excellent romance. Not too preachy.
Amanda
such a good book i cried so much reading this book it tore at my heart so much. specially being a mom of twins myself
June
Really enjoyed this book. My first read from this author. Looking forward to reading more.
Audrey Grant
A simple but sweet love story. Adoption, old love rekindled, court case, and revenge.
Samantha
Well written and the story was enjoyable. The author came up with a good plot line.
Amanda Halbert
Cute fast read. Love the Christian based romance. Those are always my favorite.
Jeanette Johnson
The ending was very sudden - a prologue would have been great!
Sydney
this was a great love story and I really enjoyed it!
Tena
cute read but a little rushed at the end
Pat
Heart-warming story with Christian values.
  • Home to Walnut Ridge (The Teacup Novellas, #3)
  • A Path Less Traveled (Miller's Creek #2)
  • Honor Redeemed (First Responders #2)
  • Surrendered Hearts
  • The Rebel's Pledge
  • A Texan's Honor (Heart of a Hero #2)
  • This Very Moment
  • Truffles By The Sea
  • McKenzie (Montana Skies #1)
  • A Texas Legacy Christmas (Texas Legacy #4)
  • Jenna's Cowboy (The Callahans of Texas, #1)
  • Journey to Riverbend
  •  Deep in the Heart
  • Stallions at Burnt Rock (West Texas Sunrise #1)
  • Fairchild's Lady (The Culper Ring, #1.5)
  • Chasing Charlie
  • Liberty Belle
  • Cadence
Ever since I tucked paperback romance novels in my school textbooks, I've
been a fan of Christian romance. Getting to write them is even more fun.

BLOG:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/authorbonnie...

Twitter: @BonnieBlytheBks
More about Bonnie Blythe...
Restorations (Oregon In Love #1) Rock and A Hard Place (Cascade Brides, #1) How Sweet It Is Dearly Loved Claire's Not-So-Gothic Romance

“Don't get all worked up on my, young fella. An old woman like me is allowed to match-make from time to time. It's not my fault you're thirty-something and still unmarried. Don't you know that the best way to stop all the interfering hullabaloo is to just get hitched?” 0 likes