Start by marking “The Social Network - screenplay” as Want to Read:
The Social Network - screenplay

The Social Network - screenplay

Leaked draft of The Social Network, a movie based loosely on Ben Mezrich's book, The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal. The movie was released in October, 2101.
ebook, screenplay draft, 162 pages
Published May 28th 2009

To ask other readers questions about The Social Network - screenplay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Social Network - screenplay

Ahmad أحمَد
Sep 10, 2013 Ahmad أحمَد rated it really liked it
قصة نجاح فى نفس كل شخص فينا .. اكيد نفسى فى مشروع زى دة يجيب ملايين بالسهولة دة

طبعًا المشروع جاب معاه مشاكل كتير لمارك بس الفكرة الاساسية انه بقى ملياردير .. بس كدة :D

تقريبًا معملتش حاجة طول الفيلم غير انى بحسد فيه مش اكتر!
Apr 20, 2012 Jason rated it it was amazing
One of the best screenplays of the decade, Aaron Sorkin affirms his understanding of the mutual credit that modern technology and human psychology have in the information age.
I thought this made for an interesting read, because this is not the final script. There are some things that have been changed for the actual movie: some quotes, but most notably the name of Eduardo's girlfriend (named Jenny in this draft, but Christy in the movie).

I read the script because I'd liked watching the movie. Although, like is probably a strong word. The story is just utterly heartbreaking and the script definitely did that a million times over. This script however shows how importan
ian kennedy
Oct 25, 2010 ian kennedy rated it liked it
A screenplay is scaffolding. In The Social Network, I read the basic Geeks vs. The Establishment story with a reflection on what price a person has to pay in pursuit of the desire to belong. I have not seen the movie yet but, as I always am after reading a screenplay, look forward to seeing the director's interpretationg, their decoration around the structure set up by the screenplay.

I would agree with the reviews of the movie that I have read, the women in this script are almost nameless extras
Aug 24, 2016 Doctor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scripts
Pure evil genius of scriptwriting.
Ms. D
Jan 30, 2011 Ms. D rated it really liked it
Just a few links:

1) The script:

2) An article about why it's pretty sexist:

3) An article about the real Mark Zuckerberg (which exposes some of the untruths in the screenplay):
May 25, 2013 Farah rated it it was amazing
I read it after the film and now I understand the film better. It was fascinating especially how I felt that Mark Zuckerberg was not the main lead; Eduardo was more present but at the end it was Mark's dialogue that illuminated the script and showed its cleverness and wit. This is an outstanding film for its script fundamentally and secondly for the great acting and directing.
Aug 11, 2012 Mz rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book... I watched the movie before hand, which was impressive also. The book was way better.
Apr 13, 2011 Beth rated it really liked it
I thought it was interesting and amazing but I sure didn't like the guy who made it happen.
Pablo Raphael
Apr 26, 2013 Pablo Raphael rated it liked it
Mais interessante que o filme, com trechos que ficaram de fora ou foram alterados na versão final.
Apr 10, 2011 Rhainvow rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who liked the movie
Really good. All I can say. It's like watching the movie, just that in a paper.
Steven Farmer
Jan 13, 2011 Steven Farmer rated it it was amazing
Aaron Sorkin -- soon to be a Golden Globe and Oscar winner.
Gowtham marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Zelda marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2016
Ikaichi Tuda
Ikaichi Tuda marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2016
sarah fecto
sarah fecto rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2016
Maraya martin
Maraya martin rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2016
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2016
Anton rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Andrew added it
Sep 23, 2016
Christian Haines
Christian Haines marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
José Roberto
José Roberto rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Rahul Chowdhury
Rahul Chowdhury rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Lala marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Mira marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Joyce Henry
Joyce Henry marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Tesia rated it did not like it
Sep 05, 2016
Aditya Singh
Aditya Singh rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
  • The Matrix
  • The Usual Suspects
  • The Prestige - Screenplay
  • Being John Malkovich
  • The Mark of Nimueh (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #3)
  • Sunset Boulevard
  • Se7en
  • Lulu. Erdgeist. Die Buchse Der Pandora
  • Little Miss Sunshine: The Shooting Script
  • First Knight
  • Inception: The Shooting Script
  • The King and I
Aaron Benjamin Sorkin is an American screenwriter, producer and playwright, whose works include A Few Good Men, The American President, The West Wing, Sports Night and The Farnsworth Invention.

After graduating from Syracuse University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Musical Theatre in 1983, Sorkin spent much of the 1980s in New York as a struggling, largely unemployed actor. He found his pa
More about Aaron Sorkin...