Start by marking “The Social Network - screenplay” as Want to Read:
The Social Network - screenplay

The Social Network - screenplay

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Leaked draft of The Social Network, a movie based loosely on Ben Mezrich's book, The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal. The movie was released in October, 2101.

ebook, screenplay draft, 162 pages
Published May 28th 2009

To ask other readers questions about The Social Network - screenplay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Social Network - screenplay

Jason
One of the best screenplays of the decade, Aaron Sorkin affirms his understanding of the mutual credit that modern technology and human psychology have in the information age.
Sandra
I thought this made for an interesting read, because this is not the final script. There are some things that have been changed for the actual movie: some quotes, but most notably the name of Eduardo's girlfriend (named Jenny in this draft, but Christy in the movie).

I read the script because I'd liked watching the movie. Although, like is probably a strong word. The story is just utterly heartbreaking and the script definitely did that a million times over. This script however shows how importan
ian kennedy
A screenplay is scaffolding. In The Social Network, I read the basic Geeks vs. The Establishment story with a reflection on what price a person has to pay in pursuit of the desire to belong. I have not seen the movie yet but, as I always am after reading a screenplay, look forward to seeing the director's interpretationg, their decoration around the structure set up by the screenplay.

I would agree with the reviews of the movie that I have read, the women in this script are almost nameless extras
Ms. D
Just a few links:

1) The script:

2) An article about why it's pretty sexist:

3) An article about the real Mark Zuckerberg (which exposes some of the untruths in the screenplay):
Farah
I read it after the film and now I understand the film better. It was fascinating especially how I felt that Mark Zuckerberg was not the main lead; Eduardo was more present but at the end it was Mark's dialogue that illuminated the script and showed its cleverness and wit. This is an outstanding film for its script fundamentally and secondly for the great acting and directing.
M.F. Moonzajer
I did not find this book interesting. Although later, I found it was adapted into a movie and I was quite confused what made this book so important so they could turn it into a movie. The entire book is about social networks and how it affects the life style.
Ahmad أحمَد
قصة نجاح فى نفس كل شخص فينا .. اكيد نفسى فى مشروع زى دة يجيب ملايين بالسهولة دة

طبعًا المشروع جاب معاه مشاكل كتير لمارك بس الفكرة الاساسية انه بقى ملياردير .. بس كدة :D

تقريبًا معملتش حاجة طول الفيلم غير انى بحسد فيه مش اكتر!
Mz
Really enjoyed this book... I watched the movie before hand, which was impressive also. The book was way better.
Beth
I thought it was interesting and amazing but I sure didn't like the guy who made it happen.
Pablo Raphael
Mais interessante que o filme, com trechos que ficaram de fora ou foram alterados na versão final.
Rhainvow
Apr 10, 2011 Rhainvow rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who liked the movie
Really good. All I can say. It's like watching the movie, just that in a paper.
Steven Farmer
Aaron Sorkin -- soon to be a Golden Globe and Oscar winner.
ميرا
ميرا marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Patrick O'Loughlin
Patrick O'Loughlin marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Connor
Connor marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Dos
Dos marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Abhinav Rao
Abhinav Rao marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Steven A.
Steven A. marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
P's reader1
P's reader1 marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Katherine Leduc
Katherine Leduc marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
  • The Prestige - Screenplay
  • Inception: The Shooting Script
  • Se7en
  • The King and I
  • The Mark of Nimueh (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #3)
  • Taxi Driver
  • Little Miss Sunshine: The Shooting Script
  • Sunset Boulevard
  • American Beauty: The Shooting Script
  • First Knight
Aaron Benjamin Sorkin is an American screenwriter, producer and playwright, whose works include A Few Good Men, The American President, The West Wing, Sports Night and The Farnsworth Invention.

After graduating from Syracuse University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Musical Theatre in 1983, Sorkin spent much of the 1980s in New York as a struggling, largely unemployed actor. He found his pa
More about Aaron Sorkin...
A Few Good Men The West Wing Script Book The West Wing Seasons 3 & 4: The Shooting Scripts The Farnsworth Invention The Newsroom Script Episode 1