Start by marking “Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2)

Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian #2)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  13,612 Ratings  ·  459 Reviews
From Melbourne's gleaming skyscrapers to its edgy nightclubs, Riley Jenson's world is raging with danger & desire. A gorgeous werewolf - with a touch of vampire coursing through her veins - Riley works for an organization that polices the supernatural races. But when she wakes up naked & bruised in a deserted alley, she knows only that she must run for her life.
Mass Market Paperback, 355 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Piatkus Books

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissing Sin

Maria
Jul 08, 2008 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone taking a long bath
Shelves: junkfood, sf
"Whatcha reading?"
"A trashy mystery-romance about a vampire-werewolf."
"How trashy?"
"Well, I'm on page 50, and she's already had sex with a horse. Twice."
Tilly Slaton
Feb 21, 2012 Tilly Slaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kissing Sin is a story about a sexually confident and provacative woman who is half werewolf half vampire. Filled with some serious love and sexual triangles, Kissing Sin is the second book in the Riley Jenson Guardian series by Keri Arthur.

A fairly comparable series to Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake; Vampire Hunter... Arthur has left me smiling and never wanting or unsatisfied.

Anita Blake is a .. well we won't go *there* ... Basically she struggles with a paranormal curse that forces her to scr
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
Dec 11, 2009 Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus by: Heidi
3.5 Out of 5

With the first book I felt the same when it came to Riley and her sexual needs. I couldn’t not get past the whole wolf and the moon and the mating. I agree with Quinn it is down right slutty, and I had issues with it and I still do.

Don’t get me wrong, this is a great book and a fantastic read and the author does a great job, but the need Riley gets. And her fucking (sorry bout the crude way I have put it but that’s how it is) every tom dick and Harry is just down right whoring.

Put a
Psychomacologist
I wasn't keen on this book for a number of reasons, but primarily because of all the sex. I mean, there is a lot of sex. I get that Urban Fantasy typically features sex scenes and that's fine, but I felt Kissing Sin veered too often and too enthusiastically into outright erotica. If you don't mind a lot of sex (at inappropriate times, in inappropriate places, and with implausibly well-hung horses) then this book is probably more to your taste than mine.

I find Keri Arthur's world fascinating in p
Karyn
Mar 05, 2009 Karyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 new characters in this book. Kade, the horse shifter (who i really like by the way because he's simple no-nonsense and fun) and Kellen who i'm sure will play a bigger part in the books to come.
What i liked in this book was that Riley is growing into a stronger character. And there's isnt that much of the 'hormones jumping ahead of the brain' as there was in the first book.
Quinn is back, and most probably its going to be a while (meaning atleast antoher book or two) before they get sorted out.
Amyiw
This was right between OK and Good.
It starts of Good, really good but quickly just goes to meh. Once again we are in a experimentation facility (naked). This time she wakes with no memory and there is a dead man, probably by her hands, next to her. She runs and runs into a chained horse (shifter), they escape together... And I'm thinking this is exciting and for a moment it was, all until the cavalry come in and the book starts to loose the excitement and goes for mystery, a very slow progressin
Schultzies
Nov 22, 2009 Schultzies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
PepperP0t
4.5stars
I confess I was reluctant to start this read because I wasn't really a fan of the first installment. But I was challenged to read it and was glad I did. Although this entry also had quite a bit of sex that wasn't my real issue with book one. However, there was less sex and it didn't seemed to be used as page filler or scene transition. There was quite a lot for me this time out with action, romance, sex, mystery and drama in heaping shovelfuls. Or maybe it was extremely lower expectation
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Riley has all the luck when it comes to men! She’s got a hot and hung horseshifter named Kade after her. Then there’s the uber sexy Alpha wolf named Kellan who knows how to serve her coffee well! That scene at the charity event was a sexy one! And then there’s her former vampire paramour, Quinn who loves to wear burgundy sweaters. Did anyone notice that at all? He’s always wearing that color!

Anyways, I really enjoyed this book! And despite the fact that Riley gets some-some (Actually, she gets A
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
I am completely in love with this series. Riley is a kickass heroine and the men in her life are just delicious. In this book we get introduced to Kade the horseshifter - totally yummy. Another new character, Kellen the alpha wolf......not sure if I'm totally on board with him yet but he does have potential. But, Quinn is still my man. The story-line continues to keep me captivated and I can't wait to continue the journey with these great characters!! First read 6/24-6/25/12

Second read 1/5-1/8/1
Shera (Book Whispers)
It's back baby, and better then ever! Riley wakes up naked in a strange city. She's unaware how she got there, but soon finds out she's been missing for a while and is in a hidden laboratory/experimental facility. What's nice about this second installment is that the full moon has already passed and Arthur shows off her skills, blowing readers away with this crazy plot. The gene/cloning experiments are down right chilling in many parts of the book. Makes me want to start protesting gene experime ...more
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review
Summary
Riley Jenson's world has twirled out of order, when she wakes up disoriented and with no memory of the past month. She finds herself assaulted sexually, and seeking escape from where she has been captured. Along the way she stumbles across another shifter....a horse shifter and the heat escalates between them. When Riley returns home, she finds herself drawn into a evil plot where the enemy keeps seeking her and attempting to kil
K~Terror
Rating: .5

While I mostly enjoyed this book, I have to say the series still hasn't totally grabbed me and sucked me in yet. Although I can't complain about the start of the book as it begins with Riley waking up naked in a strange place, needing to escape from her captures, and finds herself being contained along with other shifters, including a mighty fine new love interest, Kade. (Kade, the horse-shifter, who is apparently hung like one.) ;)

There's plenty of action and I found the plot interes
KarenF
Jul 25, 2011 KarenF rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, own
The ending is what got this rounded up to 4 stars. Prior to the last 20 pages or so it was in the 3.5 rounded down range, instead of the rounded up range. But I'm a bit of a sucker for an emotional ending so 4 it is. Love/hate is too strong a word for how I feel about these books, it's closer to annoyed/like. I get annoyed by Riley and the wolf sex thing. Honestly, I have no issue with sex in life or in books whatever consenting adults want to get up to is cool with me. But really, if actual wol ...more
Abby
Apr 15, 2012 Abby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges
I have to say I Really Love Riley. This book was awesome. I loved the introduction of Kade and thought he was sweetest guy EVER and a part of me was hoping that they would get together lol. I mean really, (view spoiler) . Quinn is just really starting to piss me off to no end, but at the same time , him being a vampire I c ...more
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Kissing Sin continues the story started in Full Moon Rising as Dhampire Riley gets closer to the true identity behind all the gene research, cloning and cross-breeding experiments. The price Misha asks for his information is high but Riley will do anything to stop them coming after her for her unique DNA.

I was worried at first that it was going to be one of those series where she has a different man each time, and Quinn wouldn't be making another appearance. But thankfully it's not like that at
Bex
Dec 21, 2010 Bex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
I'll start off by saying if you are not a fan of your characters having sex with random people, then this is not the series for you. I enjoy the plot of this series with the cross breeding labs, clones, and government agencies. My only problem is that it is a bit confusing. The one chance we get to shed some light on things is from a person that isn't allowed to speak about anything. So all we get is cryptic nonsense. There is a bit of resolution, but overall the plot hasn't progressed much from ...more
Amanda The Book Slayer
Superb Sequel to Full Moon Rising.

Positives:

*Quinn is back in trying to win Riley over. YEA!!!! Who doesn't love a sexy vamp.
*Throw in Kade a hott! horse shifter with ties to gov. and Riley goes crazy.
*End of the line for Misha but you come to love him for who he is.
*Relationships bloom, plenty of action with Riley taking the lead for most of it, and tying up some loose ends.

Negatives:

*I think it is sad that she chooses not to have kids, but I understand why.
*You will want to have Tempting Evil
Carolyn F.
Re-read by audiobook. I also have the paperback. Okay now I flip-flopped about Quinn. I don't know how he can take it. Riley doesn't just have sex willy-nilly, she's having sex with a guy Quinn thinks of as a rival before he and Riley even had sex. I don't know how he can take it. Riley keeps saying that she wants to find her soul mate, but if you have sex with him and he's not it, move along little doggy. Don't make Quinn suffer more. Anyway, that's my 3 cents.

Original review 01/27/10Love thes
Description from back of book:
From Melbourne’s gleaming skyscrapers to its throbbing nightclubs, Riley Jensen's world is raging with danger and desire. A drop-dead-gorgeous werewolf–with a touch of vamp coursing in her blood–Riley works for an organization created to police the supernatural races. But when she wakes up naked and bruised in a barren alley, she knows only that she must run for her life.
Within moments Riley collides with the sexiest man she’s ever seen: steely, seductive Kade, wh
Dec 20, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg...Riley Jenson is the biggest ho. I like her though. The action/danger element in this one is high - as is the copious amounts of non-descriptive sex Riley has. Quinn is a whiny bitch; I think and Kellan is someone she should go for - definitely. I love Rhoan and Lisander, they're fabulous!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Kade. Hung like a horse. HAHA. I don't know about you, but waking up naked in an alley is generally not a good thing. And why isn't Rhoan doing more for Riley? Things go to hell in a hand basket very quickly. I good second book and makes me want the third one bad.
Felicia
Again, not my fave series, but I enjoyed it and as I said in the review of #1, her writing gets better as each book goes along. I love redheaded characters too, hehe.
Vannessa
I'm slowly doing a re-read of this series as I didn't get to the end of it before buying them all again for my Kindle and am still loving it! I know a lot of other readers have an issue with Riley and her sexual needs, but as she says, it's just sex! Sex that she needs to survive and to prevent her from going mad with the bloodlust during the moon dance each month, but it's not love and she understands that. She is also very open about her sexual encounters and knows that she is still looking fo ...more
Serena.. Sery-ously?
Non posso credere che ho tolto ore di sonno preziose per questo schifo ._.

Non appena saremo in salvo, ho intenzione di scoparti fino a farti perdere i sensi. DUE righe campione per mostrare il degrado del libro e la volgarità dell'autrice (il concetto poteva essere espresso in altri duemila modi..).
Il libro è praticamente tutto così, inframezzato -ogni tanto- con un po' di azione e dialoghi idioti.
Eccoci dunque al secondo match che vede in campo la nostra licantropo-vampira.
La povera, dolce, ama
Starry
Apr 15, 2011 Starry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
I am really loving this series. I am also loving her new choices for boy toys :-) First, she has her tried and true ancient vamp, Quinn. Second, she has a new little hottie, Kade who can shift into a stallion--need I say more? Finally, she has a very alpha were named Kellen who is determined to win her heart as well as the right to be the only male in her life to satisfy her extreme sexual needs. Future installments should be very interesting in deed.

I am hoping the back story evolves in the nex
archdandy
After reading the first book in this serie I wasn't particularly wowed. I was kind of bored reading the first one, but I thought I would give the series another try. After all the first books in a series usually aren't as good as the rest.

I'm going to start off by saying that there were some aspects of the book that I did like. One of them being the way the story started off. I liked how we were thrust into the confusion and chaos of the situation that Riley was in. And I loved the breakout with
 * Kazzy * -aka Stryker-
Another explosive Riley Jensen story! I love this character, she is real kick arse material, but with a steamy sexy side too. She takes no shit from anyone and can look after herself and stand up to anything - awesome! A great continuation in the story, and (without saying too much and ruining the story for you) what is she doing with that vampire! She needs to make a stand one way or the other; yeah he is real hot, sexy and a dream, but he needs to make a decision about what he wants and accept ...more
  • Night's Cold Kiss (Dark Brethren, #1)
  • Possession (Blood Ties, #2)
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
  • Dayhunter (Dark Days, #2)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5)
  • Mortal Danger (World of the Lupi, #2)
  • Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2)
  • Pure Blood (Nocturne City, #2)
  • The Watcher  (Anna Strong Chronicles, #3)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • On the Prowl (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #2)
  • Claimed By Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2)
  • Wolf at the Door (The Others, #9)
  • The Devil's Playground (Morgan Kingsley, #5)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Mona Lisa Craving (Monère: Children of the Moon, #3)
Keri Arthur, author of the New York Times bestselling Riley Jenson, Guardian series, has now written more than 25 books. She's received several nominations in the Best Contemporary Paranormal category of the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Awards, and recently won RT's Career Achievement Award for urban fantasy. She lives in Melbourne with her daughter and two crazy dogs
More about Keri Arthur...

Riley Jenson Guardian (10 books)
  • Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian #1)
  • Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian #3)
  • Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian #4)
  • Embraced By Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian #5)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian #6)
  • Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian #7)
  • Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson Guardian #8)
  • Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9)
  • Black Moon: L'alba del vampiro - I peccati del vampiro - La tentazione del vampiro

“Which meant I got left with Quinn yet again. Given the time he was taking to make his decision, I wasn't exactly happy about that. I mean, putting me with him was like flashing chocolate my way then telling me I couldn't have it. It was just plain mean.” 36 likes
“One thing more I must tell you.
For the longest time, the only emotion I have ever felt was the hunger to succeed. Then I met you.
Is love the desire—no, the need—to be with that person, whatever the cost? Does it cause the rue of rage when you see that person with another? Does it make you ache to hold her, to whisper things that sound foreign and strange to your tongue? Does it make you wish for things you know can never be?
I haven't the answers, Riley. In all that I've learned over the years, no one has ever mentioned a force such as this. But whatever it is, I feel it for you.
We would have been good together.

Written by Misha.”