Start by marking “Ten Lords A-Leaping (Robert Amiss, #6)” as Want to Read:
Ten Lords A-Leaping (Robert Amiss, #6)

Ten Lords A-Leaping (Robert Amiss #6)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  4 reviews
This is a tale of a college Mistress who is elevated to the peerage and becomes active in the House of Lords, although she finds some aspects ridiculous. When ten lords simultaneously die from heart-attacks, she joins in the investigation.
Audio Cassette, 224 pages
Published by Harper Collins Publishers Stock Account (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Lords A-Leaping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Lords A-Leaping

Damaskcat
The irrepressible Jack Troutbeck has been made a life peer much to Robert Amiss’s surprise. When she co-opts him as a researcher he soon finds himself in the middle of some very dangerous shenanigans where pro and anti-hunting factions are concerned. Jack decides to make her maiden speech a pro-hunting one and decided to rally supporters against a bill currently proceeding through the Lords.

When several Peers are found dead following the debate Ellis Pooley and Jim Milton from Scotland Yard beco
Cindy
Sep 10, 2007 Cindy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: British mystery fans maybe
Shelves: mysteries
I sort of enjoyed this British mystery, which centers largely around Parliament's House of Lords. That was interesting, since I know nothing at all about how it works or what they do there. The plot was pretty good too, although the ending didn't really wrap everything up the way I expected and there was no real climax to speak of.

My main complaint was the characters. I didn't really like anyone in the book, except perhaps for the policeman assigned to solve the case. The book centers around a w
Sandi
Still unemployed, former Civil Servant Robert Amiss is called in to help old friend Ida “Jack” Troutbeck after she has been elevated to the peerage. A funny look at the House of Lords and fox hunting with some murders mixed in. This is the second book with Jack and she has pretty much taken over the series which is fine with me since I find her hilarious. The audio was read by Bill Wallis who did his usual good job.
Stephen Wagner
Even as lightweight diversionary material this didn't work very well for me, Anglophile though I am.
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Dillish
Dillish marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Phaedra
Phaedra marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Connie
Connie added it
Feb 11, 2014
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Michelle's Book
Michelle's Book marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
After being a Cambridge postgraduate, a teacher, a marketing executive and a civil servant, Ruth Dudley Edwards became a full-time writer. A journalist, broadcaster, historian and prize-winning biographer who lives in London, her recent non-fiction includes books about The Economist, the Foreign Office, the Orange Order and Fleet Street. The first of her ten satirical mysteries, Corridors of Death ...more
More about Ruth Dudley Edwards...
Corridors of Death (Robert Amiss, #1) The English School of Murder (Robert Amiss, #3) Matricide at St. Martha's (Robert Amiss, #5) Carnage on the Committee (Robert Amiss, #10) Publish and Be Murdered (Robert Amiss, #8)