Start by marking “The Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy” as Want to Read:
The Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy

The Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy (Earth's End #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  56 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Tomorrow morning at 7:35 AM, a nuclear holocaust will destroy the planet. Two people carry the keys to survival: Jeremy Edgarton, a 16 year old, tech genius and revolutionary; and Eliana, the angelic, off-world traveler sent to Earth on a mission to prevent her planet's death. Welcome to a future world only heartbeats from our own. By the late 22nd century, the Great Reces ...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Vilasa Press

To ask other readers questions about The Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy

Pure Vision by Perri BirneyThe Soul Whisperer by J.M. HarrisonCarry on the Flame by Jodine TurnerCarry on the Flame by Jodine TurnerThe Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy by Sandy Nathan
Visionary Fiction Alliance
5th out of 36 books — 19 voters
Entwined by Heather DixonWither by Lauren DeStefanoUnearthly by Cynthia HandAcross the Universe by Beth RevisDarkest Mercy by Melissa Marr
Beautiful Book Covers of 2011
392nd out of 713 books — 4,401 voters

More lists with this book...

Colleen Cross
Nov 26, 2011 Colleen Cross rated it it was amazing
The Angel and the Brown-Eyed Boy is a must-read. The well-drawn characters immediately drew me in, and the vivid descriptions and non-stop action further immersed me in the story.
On one level this is an entertaining escape to a fantasy world. It's Earth, many years in the future. On the surface, life goes smoothly. There are no more wars, and everyone is taken care of. That is, as long as you don't question authority and believe everything you are told.
Jeremy and Eliana are from very different
Amy Jones
Mar 13, 2011 Amy Jones rated it it was amazing
Sandy Nathan is a brilliant writer. This book is full of originality, a new and exciting mix of plot. I loved the complexity of the characters. The MC's and the supporting characters were all flawed in some way but still possessed some redeeming quality that made you sympathetic to their troubles. You must read this book. It is very spiritual and uplifting with out being preachy.
Amy Jones, author of Soul Quest
Todd Fonseca
Jan 02, 2011 Todd Fonseca rated it it was amazing
A good book elicits an emotional response while being read; Nathan’s book haunts the reader long after the final page is turned. In Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy two dying worlds fight for survival, their futures dependent on a revolutionary and an angelic otherworldly dancer. Nathan shows us a future Earth whose indifferent citizens and uneducated politicians have allowed their fears to rule them believing everything they are told even in the face of the reality around them. It is world not th ...more
Darlene
May 23, 2012 Darlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yvensong, S. Michele, Tom, Chris, Cheryl in CC NV, Ralph, Kimberly Boehm
Recommended to Darlene by: BookRooster dot com
This was an excellent read. I felt like I was watching a movie, drawn in completely. The world and characters were so real I could smell it.

This book came to me as a complimentary copy from BookRooster dot com so I could review it. I liked it so much I went ahead and bought my own copy so I could share with those who might not be able to afford it right now. I am looking forward to the sequels but I will have to wait until they come out in Kindle format.

In my tags/shelves I indicated angels and
Rea Martin
Jan 13, 2016 Rea Martin rated it it was amazing
What will become of our society a century or so from now on the brink of a nuclear holocaust? This visionary author offers an idea. At first I thought Sandy Nathan's tale of inevitable Armageddon would be a bit dark for me, but it definitely was not. Nathan is an excellent storyteller who expertly balances points-of-view between those characters who are buoyant with those who are anything but. The origin, and even the physical attributes of Eliana, the dancer, are disclosed cleverly. She is a de ...more
T. Lynne
Jun 12, 2014 T. Lynne rated it it was amazing
As I read this story, I kept thinking of my life. How many times have I gone through a dark spot in my life and prayed for a miracle, a sign...

In this story, I found that I was drawn to the people that had been touched by this angel's light, even for those brief moments, because they received that miracle of hope in their lives and for just a moment, they felt everything would be ok.

Hope is a drug we all live for and in this story it is described in such a way that when you put the book down, yo
KyBunnies
This book is so well written and interesting. When I read the blurb, I knew that I wanted to read it. Then when I started reading, I realized that the book is in the fantasy and sci-fi genre. While I will read most any book that interests me, I usually stay away from certain genres. I am so glad I did not know what the genre this book is classified in before starting.

First off, I had an advance reader copy in .pdf format. I hate .pdf format because it does not covert to either the Kindle or Nook
Scott
Feb 21, 2012 Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-reviews
The Angel & the Brown-eyed Boy by Sandy Nathan is a unique story for certain. It starts out reading like a young adult novel featuring a stranger to the planet. The stranger is a young girl who is an amazing dancer, but doesn't really understand the way Earth works. When she is mistaken for a Russian ballerina and taken to a prestigious dance academy she meets several people that guide her through her visit.

The way the Earth works is very reminiscent of George Orwell's 1984 with television
Jay Storey
Oct 15, 2013 Jay Storey rated it really liked it
The novel centers on the relationship between a mysterious young girl and a boy who is trying to preserve something of humanity from an impending nuclear Armageddon.

The story was original and interesting, and the characters were complex and well drawn, though somewhat unrealistic. The pacing was good, and the dialog was mostly believable.

I found the plot a bit convoluted and sometimes difficult to follow. I don't think enough detail was given on the nature of the story world. However it was a g
Zom Osborne
Jun 18, 2014 Zom Osborne rated it it was ok
The plot was interesting but the characters were simplistic and undeveloped. I barely managed to finish it.
Linda Bonney Olin
The quality of Sandy Nathan's writing is remarkable. She somehow manages to remain transparent herself while painting a living, breathing image of characters and settings and plot. A few things, like the oversized "hant" and a couple of characters' mood swings, didn't ring entirely true, but that's a total nitpick. Great book.

I bought the book (a bargain, if you ask me!) on Amazon, and I've never met the author, so I'm as objective as they come. :)
Ryina Chuu
Feb 08, 2012 Ryina Chuu rated it really liked it
A great science fiction about the destruction of the Earth by nuclear bombs. Although there were some parts that I did not understand, the rest of the story was fantasy. It led me into a whole new world making my heart beat with every chapter. Although I don't usually like stories written in 3rd person, this story was fantastic regardless.
Greg
Jul 28, 2013 Greg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a weird book (for me at least). It was just strange and not one that I'd normally read. Sure it was a whole end-of-the-world thing, but it's style was different. Yet, once I started it I couldn't put it down. It just draws you in...
J.P. Lane
Dec 02, 2012 J.P. Lane rated it really liked it
This book enthralled me with its vivid characters and equally vivid scenes of a future Earth facing a nuclear holocaust. Couldn't put it down. If you like sci-fi, you'll love this one as much as I did.
D.E.
May 03, 2012 D.E. rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful, surprising, gritty, satisfying book. The first few reviews describe it very well and I won't attempt to describe it further. Very very well written.
Tom
Aug 12, 2012 Tom rated it it was amazing
A unique view on the end of the world. I have found a new author to follow. Look forward to reading more of Sandy's stories.
Kathleen Rodgers
Kathleen Rodgers marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Linda
Linda is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2016
Patricia D.
Patricia D. marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Hoss
Hoss marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Stephanie Clarke
Stephanie Clarke marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Margaritae
Margaritae marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Flames_17
Flames_17 marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Randy Akers
Randy Akers marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
June Dillon
June Dillon marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Erin Holman
Erin Holman marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
What happens after the world blows up? 1 1 Dec 04, 2011 10:54AM
Could the ruinous world portrayed in The Angel come to be? 1 1 Dec 04, 2011 10:51AM
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • Gallagher's Hope (Gallagher, #2)
  • River's End (The Inn at Shining Waters, #3)
  • Haunting Obsession
  • Journey in Time
  • An Intimate Murder
  • A Chunk of Hell
  • The Road to Mercy
  • Mad World: Epidemic
  • Rotter World
  • For Love or Money (Main Street Merchants #2)
  • Collateral Damage: An Annie Ogden Mystery
  • Landslide
  • Intwine (Intwine, #1)
  • Stella and Dane: A Honky Tonk Romance
  • Storm of Arranon (Storm of Arranon, #1)
  • Remember Me (Collective, #2)
  • Waltzing on Wheels (Love Notes Book 2)
Sandy Nathan writes to amaze and delight, uplift and inspire, as well as thrill and occasionally terrify. She is known for creating unforgettable characters and putting them in do or die situations. She writes in genres ranging from science fiction, fantasy, and visionary fiction to juvenile nonfiction to spirituality and memoir.

"I write for people who like challenging, original work. My reader is
More about Sandy Nathan...

Earth's End (3 books)
  • Lady Grace (Tales from Earth's End #2)
  • Sam & Emily: A Love Story from the Underground (Tales from Earth's End #3)