Start by marking “The Chameleon in the Closet: A Conservative Jewish Mother Reaches Out to Her Orthodox Sons” as Want to Read:

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  9 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The Chameleon in the Closet traces the universal journey parents take as their children try to find their place in the world. When her older son broke with his Conservative Jewish upbringing and plunged into Orthodoxy, BJ Rosenfeld was confronted with the challenge of accepting or rejecting his rigorous beliefs. Somewhere along the way she became a chameleon changing her c ...more
Published September 6th 2010 by Troy Book Makers Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about The Chameleon in the Closet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chameleon in the Closet

A.
I read about 'Chameleon' and then happened to see if featured at my local library! I am SO glad that I picked it. 'Chameleon' is a spiritual autobiography that gripped me from beginning to end. Rosenfeld truly opens up her world and heart to the reader--so I finished the book feeling very connected to BJ, like we were old friends. Rosenfeld is a tremendous writer who keeps your attention throughout 'Chameleon.'

'Chameleon' is an easy read, with chapters broken down easily over different subjects
Carol Hoenig
Oct 24, 2010 Carol Hoenig rated it really liked it
I wrote a review on The Huffington Post for this memoir. I wasn't sure whether to list it under the topic of "books" or "religion," but opted for the latter. Here is the link to the review: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carol-h...
Shana
Aug 25, 2015 Shana rated it it was amazing
Great book-written with a lot of sensitivity and is a real eyeopener to another perspective. An enjoyable and moving read.
Mrsm
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Rebecca Colletti
Rebecca Colletti marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Allison Lubin steinberg
Allison Lubin steinberg rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2013
Linda Eisenberg
Linda Eisenberg marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Allison
Allison rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Lois Rowe
Lois Rowe rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2011
Natalie Wood
Natalie Wood marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2010
My memoir is "The Chameleon in the Closet."
MY goal is to help parents stay connected with their children."
More about B.J. Rosenfeld...