Start by marking “A Second Chance at Forever” as Want to Read:
A Second Chance at Forever

A Second Chance at Forever (The Dark Kiss Trilogy #2)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Forever is a long time to live without love. After enduring a sequence of tragic events, Rachel is forced to start over without her beloved Giovanni. Relocation to San Francisco with vampires Eli and Charles is the second chance at life she feels she needs. With the help of immortal allies, Rachel, Eli and Charles initiate a brutal showdown with the Desmarais, avenging Gio ...more
Published July 5th 2010 by Lyrical Press, Inc (first published June 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Second Chance at Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Second Chance at Forever

Ronda  Tutt
Love, devotion, loyalty, and friendship is what you will find in this story. What a very good follow up from the first book My Lover Eternal in this series. In the first book Rachel lost her one and only love Giovanni. Now in this second book life must go on and as Rachel finds comfort in Eli’s arms she still finds herself unable to give her heart truly to him or anyone because of her love for Giovanni.

Charles, Giovanni’s maker takes care of Rachel and Eli and protects them as he gathers other
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jun 30, 2010 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire Lovers
In this second installment in the Dark Kiss Trilogy, we find ourselves back in San Francisco with Rachel as she desperately attempts to reconcile and justify her feelings for Eli all the while dealing with the grief over losing Giovanni.

Eli struggles to convince Rachel that her miserable existence doesn’t have to continue and he is prepared to wait until she is ready. Eli has also been leading somewhat of a double life, but is prepared to walk away from it if Rachel opens her heart to him.

Charl
LynnMarie
Jul 01, 2010 LynnMarie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yadkny’s Review

Nerine Dorman
Oct 24, 2010 Nerine Dorman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picking up after the dramatic aftermath of book one, Rachel and her cohorts embark on a mission to rid the world of the murky Desmarais clan once and for all. Not only must a band of vampires often with very different personalities set aside their differences, they must act in concert to put down a threat that could spell the end of their kind if left unchecked. But personal entanglements add additional complications and there are no simple solutions.
Adele
Apr 11, 2011 Adele rated it really liked it
Ok so i haven't read the first one of this series.
but once i got into it, i staged an impromptu reading marathon. i had to read the entire book.
this book was an easy read. and i'm definately going back for more by reading te first one, while i eagerly await the final of this series.

Moonlight Gleam
Jun 14, 2011 Moonlight Gleam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After having left her life and all she once knew to become a vampire, Rachel finds herself in San Francisco living with others like herself, Eli and Charles. While attempting to create a new life in San Francisco, she tries to deal with the grief of losing her lover and creator, Giovanni. Rachel seeks comfort in the arms of Eli, however, unable to give herself up entirely as she cannot move on from the loss of Giovanni just yet. Eli is prepared to wait for Rachel, as he cannot deny his feelings ...more
~Vixhen~
Jan 22, 2011 ~Vixhen~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing love story that will leave you breathless. This story picks up where My Lover Eternal left off. Rachel, Eli and Charles are attempting to move on after their horrific encounter with the Desmaraias, a clan of vengeful vampire hunters.It's been two years, and they have settled into their lives in San Francisco. Rachel is at odds with her burgeoning feelings for Eli. While she still feels deeply connected to Giovanni, she cannot deny the way Eli makes her feel. She can never totally give ...more
David McAfee
Jun 14, 2010 David McAfee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Second Chance At Forever continues the story of Rachel, who left everything and everyone she knew behind to become a vampire in order to spend eternity with her lover, the vampire Giovanni. Of course, readers of Liz’s first book, My Love Eternal, will know how that turned out.

One year after the end of My Love Eternal, we find Rachel living in San Francisco with Eli and Charles. Things seem to be going fairly well until the Demarais are spotted in town, like those jerks haven’t done enough, alr
jD
Nov 13, 2010 jD rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vamps_dark
I liked the ending. Like the first book, the scenes are too wordy for what's going on. A little more restraint would have made the book more enjoyable. It is much better than the first one. I feel like I got to know Rachael and did not dislike her character as much. She whined quite a bit but it was clearly her grief and not weakness. Again, the ending was very satisfactory, nice and clean, no cliffhanger.
Romancing the Book
Jan 12, 2014 Romancing the Book rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Reviewed by Robin
Book provided by the author for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Ms. Strange is a hit. She wrote a wonderful tale of vampires and hunters along with the age old feud that needs to come to an end so that peace can settle on everyone involved.

I didn’t get the chance to read the first in this series and may just have to put in on my list to read so that I can see how things started. Since I did read this one I will just have to try my best to convey how much I en
Michelle Leah Olson
LITERAL ADDICTION's Quick and Dirty review of A Second Chance at Forever:

1 year after My Love Eternal, we return to our heroine Rachel (the true star of book #1 in my honest opinion).

Book #2 of the DARK KISS Trilogy is full of emotion! Love, loss, struggles, disconnect. It's also full of intrigue and surprise, and that is something I look for and love in my PNR. Add in the fact that Liz doesn't write sparkly, fluffy vampires, and this book was a winner.

I recommend this series for fans that lik
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
Earlier this month I have read and reviewed My Love Eternal (The Dark Kiss Trilogy #1) by Liz Strange and I absolutely loved it so much that I couldn't wait to get my hands on the second book in this series.

I am so glad I read this book because I was hooked from pretty much the beginning on this one and I absolutely loved this one from beginning to end. It is very well written and I liked the ending.

I really can't wait to read the next book in this trilogy.

Jason Lapierre
Oct 23, 2013 Jason Lapierre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all of Liz Stange's books. Before reading her Vampire Trilogy I was a mostly literary fiction reader. I became hooked on her as an author and have been introduced to fantasy, pararomance, and science fiction. Her writing flows without unnecessary fillers. The stories are just plain well written and enjoyable to read. I would give anything she writes a try. The lady can tell a story. Recommend very highly!
Rayna
Sep 21, 2011 Rayna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well im much happier after this book! Liz had me going there after the first and it took me a while to pick up this book because i was soooooooo mad at the ending of the first! Looking forward to new adventures in her 3rd!
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Alexander
Alexander rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Drea
Drea marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Sarinity
Sarinity marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Ioulia
Ioulia marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Nikita
Nikita is currently reading it
May 26, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Jayme
Jayme rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Amal I-L
Amal I-L marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Wariara Kinyanjui
Wariara Kinyanjui marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Jenna
Jenna rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
An author of fantasy, horror and mystery fiction.
More about Liz Strange...

The Dark Kiss Trilogy (3 books)
  • My Love Eternal