Start by marking “The Forging of the Dragon (Wizard and Dragon, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Forging of the Dragon (Wizard and Dragon, #1)

The Forging of the Dragon (Wizard and Dragon #1)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 294 pages
Published April 13th 1989 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about The Forging of the Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forging of the Dragon

Jantine Kampes
Mar 16, 2016 Jantine Kampes rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
'The Forging of the Dragon' is quite a nice fantasy-story. Between 12 and 15% in, the POV's changed too abruptly, but this evened out quite nicely. Sometimes it was too much telling, too much of 'he thought this. Then he did that. He said that.' Overall it was not too bad, and sometimes the storie was even great!

I know this must seem to be a kind of strange review. TLDR: the book was not really special, but nice enough.

I received a free copy through Netgalley in return for an honest review.
Joel Mitchell
Jan 16, 2016 Joel Mitchell rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
This is the first book in the "Wizard and Dragon" duology which is a prequel to the "Pelman the Powershaper" trilogy. I can never really decide if I like these books or not. Sometimes the narration is witty and humorous and the plot is fairly original and at other times the dialogue (inner and between characters) is very forced and the plot predictable and contrived.
Kathryn
Mar 16, 2016 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book, I loved the fantasy world that was created and loved Dark the Prophet. I really felt bad for Seagryn at the beginning, and enjoyed watching him begin to enjoy his power. Overall I really enjoyed reading this and hope there is more in the series.
Neil
Apr 19, 2016 Neil rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, fantasy
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.
I found this to be a very entertaining light read.
The Fantasy world was well developed and the interaction between the characters was sharp.
Overall a very easy read.
BonusMom
Apr 23, 2016 BonusMom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun fantasy

The is a great coming of age story with mystical creatures and magic. It also has some humor which always is appreciated. Nice and light and fun. Good read.
Christopher Sutch
Jun 15, 2014 Christopher Sutch rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised with this first novel of Hughes's unfinished prequel trilogy to his _Pelmen the Powershaper_ trilogy. While his first three novels were fairly well-done fantasy with a slightly Christian spiritual touch, Hughes's talent has improved greatly in this work. Aside from a little drag toward the middle, the writing, characterization and plotting are all improved, and one part of the plot in particular is actually rather heartbreaking. Good workaday fantasy novel.
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
James W Sooter
James W Sooter is currently reading it
May 25, 2016
Jean Bell
Jean Bell rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Cori
Cori is currently reading it
May 08, 2016
Samuel
Samuel rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Aeokie
Aeokie marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Doug
Doug is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2016
Renetta DeBoer
Renetta DeBoer marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Anne Monteith
Anne Monteith marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Cathy (cathepsut)
Cathy (cathepsut) marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
TJ Burns
TJ Burns marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Rudy
Rudy added it
Feb 14, 2016
Dragon4
Dragon4 rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dr. Robert Don Hughes (born 1949), is an American educator and writer, author of both mainstream fantasy and science fiction and evangelical non-fiction. Born within a mile of the beach in California, he now teaches missions, evangelism, world religions and apologetics at Clear Creek Baptist Bible College in Pineville, Kentucky. He spent two terms as a missionary in Africa, first in Zambia and the ...more
More about Robert Don Hughes...

Wizard and Dragon (2 books)
  • The Faithful Traitor (Wizard and Dragon, #2)