Start by marking “Making It Happen: Turning Good Ideas Into Great Results” as Want to Read:
Making It Happen: Turning Good Ideas Into Great Results

Making It Happen: Turning Good Ideas Into Great Results

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  21 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The world is not short of ideas, but it is short of people who know how to carry them out. Making It Happen unravels the process of taking a good idea and turning it into a successful venture. Author Peter Sheahan guides the reader through the five competencies that will enable you to understand and utilize the forces that drive buyers’ behavior, break through mental barri ...more
Published April 5th 2011 by BenBella Books (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Making It Happen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making It Happen

Chinara Ahmadova
Jan 07, 2016 Chinara Ahmadova rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I consider this book one of the most spot-on books in marketing and sales theme. From great real life examples to his life experience; the author shows that through the power of packaging, positioning the offer, influencing the buyer, acceleration and reinvention, you can actually make all your dream ideas come to reality.
Seth
Oct 01, 2011 Seth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was pleasantly surprised by this. I expected it to be very similar to Flip, but it was quite different. For one, his style was more toned down and I didn't feel like I had to image him giving a speech to make the text work. (Though there was one laugh out loud moment that I instantly imagined him delivering). For another thing, the content was more structured and more broadly applicable. It was about selling, not just some pie-in-the-sky ideas about how to change your business. I think I'm not ...more
Erik
Apr 11, 2013 Erik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
College is an interesting place.

I spent 4 years learning stuff like this and then I come out of it and lose it all. It's not because I'm forgetting the information though, it's just that when you're sitting in class and your professor is drawing dependency charts and talking about crashing projects all while managing resources and man-hours through complicated excel spreadsheets, you tend to lose a grip on the practical applications of what you're learning.

This book brought me back to what I had
Stephen
Aug 20, 2012 Stephen rated it really liked it
READ AUG 2012

Good resource for anyone looking to exercise their initiative muscle. Sheahan provides a good model for anyone looking to turn their ideas into actionable solutions.

Best quotes; "make sure your offer engages at least three of the human drives" (p. 165); "you feel most alive when you are in pursuit of someting, not in possession of it" (p. 266); "drive your stake deep, but don't get caught in the hole that you dig" (p. 273).
Genevieve Ward
May 27, 2014 Genevieve Ward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I needed a push to start selling my business services and this book gave me structure and confidence to get on with this part of my business.
Fiona McEachran
Aug 11, 2012 Fiona McEachran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

There are some amazing gems of wisdom in this book, and for those it is worth reading. There are some parts, especially in the middle, where I started to dose off, but I kept going and was glad I did.
Cameramoon
Cameramoon rated it did not like it
Apr 20, 2016
Steve Mateer
Steve Mateer marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Kylie Abecca
Kylie Abecca marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Sameer Mawani
Sameer Mawani marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Sarah Young keitges
Sarah Young keitges marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Matthew Forzan
Matthew Forzan marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Martin
Martin added it
Jan 19, 2016
Caroline
Caroline rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Ben
Ben added it
Jan 01, 2016
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Afag Aslanova
Afag Aslanova marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Gertrud
Gertrud marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Javier
Javier marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Coleen
Coleen marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Amy Scott
Amy Scott marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Thabiso Mnisi-Maclaller
Thabiso Mnisi-Maclaller marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Francis
Francis rated it did not like it
May 18, 2015
Lenka
Lenka marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Cinderella Mabaso
Cinderella Mabaso is currently reading it
Jan 13, 2015
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Franck
Franck marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Dave Bolton
Dave Bolton marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014