Start by marking “Tender Is The Knight ” as Want to Read:
Tender Is The Knight

Tender Is The Knight (Knights (Ivie) #9)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Sweeping from the cultured salons of 19th-century London to the wild Scottish Highlands, Ivie's seductive new novel weaves the tale of a desperate lady and a ruthless laird whose only common ground is the territory of desire. Original.
Published (first published December 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Tender Is The Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tender Is The Knight

Susan
This book was okay. I liked the idea of the book but I had a hard time connecting with the main characters. Elise was married and widowed at a very young age. Since then she has protected herself by playing the part of a heartless flirt. Then her sister ends up falling for a Scotsman who leaves her pregnant, then she dies in childbirth. Elise is left with trying to find a way to tell his family about the baby. This worries her a lot because her sister had nothing good to say about the family. Wh ...more
Slayermel
Sep 22, 2008 Slayermel rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a good historical romance
Recommended to Slayermel by: Won it, and received signed copy from Jackie Ivie
First I would like to thank Terra57 for inviting me to her blog where Jackie Ivie was a guest blogger. I won this book for leaving a comment.

I really enjoyed this story, and it made me laugh out loud quite a few times. I enjoyed the characters so much! Elise was fun and spunky and there where a few times I just wanted to shake some sense into Colin. It was such a quick read, my only disappointment in the book was that it ended when it did. I would have loved another chapter or two summing up th
Annelise L'Estrange
This book left me spechless. I just wasn't expecting soo many things that have happened! (and I love when this happens. It's rare).

But I have to say, I never saw a romance of this kind so... Dark. Colin did some things to Elise that I, if I were her, would never forgive. Of course, she is not innocent too. If she had just spoke with him when she had the chance, nothing that bad could have happened.

ANYWAY. It's an amazing book and i will surelly read it again!
Gmc
Tender Is The Knight by Jackie Ivie
Republished as Elise: Historical Romance Novel (Brocade Book 7) Jackie Ivie

Elise the Duchess of Wynd sold by her father at 15 and widowed on her wedding night, She has become the "Ice Goddess".

Colin is the new Duke of McGowan has been in India for years, and is called home to Be the new Duke after his brother dies. One thing of his brothers that he doesn't want is his betrothed, so he sets of to London to find his own bride.

The story is set in 19th-century Lond
Chandra
I found England boring. Once I got into Scotland, the action and romance seemed to pickup. I like Jackie Ivie as an author but this book had me swinging back and forth on who was doing what and feeling what to whom.
FAVORITE PART - when Colin first started breaking away at Elise's snobby ways
LEAST FAVORITE PART - harsh treatment of Elise when she was first thought to have a son
YOU WILL LIKE THIS BOOK IF: you enjoy seeing two people wrestle for love; you enjoy reading about things that happen as a
Saral
The hero wasn't likeable AT ALL. Okay, so a big brutish Highlander is ubersexy. More so when he plays the caveman. The problem... when the heroine just take it all and don't have backbone enough to see his wrong ways... EVEN IF SHE IS WRONG she should never admit it and fight him beck and teeth. Not cry and say it's all her fault anyway.

Plus... there wasn't ONE sentence from Colin's POV, and that's horrible because, seeing his character, it would have endered him more to the reader if we got a g
Sherry
I loved Ivie's first novel, Lady of the Knight and was looking forward to reading her second novel. I found this to be confusing, by chapter 5 I seriously was not liking the heroine and knew nothing about the hero. There was nothing that made me want to read more.
Samm
I thought it was really good, but I felt there should have been another chapter at the end...after "you know" where Elise explained the whole situation of her sister and Evan to Colin. Would have closed everything up nicely for a perfect happy ending.
Vee Worthy
A great book, held my attention so long, I went to bed well after midnight even though I had to get up early the next day!
Jillian
My goodness, what a failure. The hero is a colossal jerk!
Melanie Murray
Melanie Murray marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Gina Hott
Gina Hott marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Kirstin
Kirstin marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Barbara Xedos
Barbara Xedos marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Cherie McAlpine-Foster
Cherie McAlpine-Foster marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Elizabeth Smith
Elizabeth Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Micky
Micky marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Ingrid
Ingrid marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Sandi
Sandi added it
Feb 11, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
  • Knight's Fork (God Princes of Tigron, #3)
  • The Bride Of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #1)
  • Taken By Storm (Highlander Duo, #1)
  • Master of Craving (Blood Sword Legacy, #3)
  • Vexing the Viscount (Leisure Historical Romance)
  • After the Rice
  • Velvet Chains
  • The World According to Mimi Smartypants
  • Lion's Bride
  • Passion's Ransom
  • In a Wild Wood (Wild, #2)
  • Belinda the Ballerina
  • Wild Highland Rose (Time Travel Trilogy, #2)
  • Leon the Chameleon
  • The Highlander's Stolen Bride
  • Her Secret Lover (Aphrodite's Club, #2)
  • Dinosailors
  • A Restless Knight (The Dragons of Challon, #1)
Jackie Ivie was born and raised in a suburb outside Utah's capital, beautiful Salt Lake City. The second in a family of four daughters and one son, Jackie was constantly amusing her siblings with her invented games, escapades, and stories. And she was always reading. She would even walk the family dog, with one hand holding the leash, while the other held the ever-present book. No subject went unr ...more
More about Jackie Ivie...

Knights (Ivie) (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Forever Knight
  • Highland Hunger (MacNachton Vampires, #8)
  • A Knight Well Spent
  • Knight Everlasting
  • Lady Of The Knight
  • The Knight Before Christmas
  • Once Upon a Knight
  • A Knight and White Satin
  • A Perfect Knight For Love
  • Heat of the Knight
Knight after Night (Vampire Assassin League, #1) Be Still My Heart (Vampire Assassin League, #2) Dearly Beloved (Vampire Assassin League, #3) Lady Of The Knight We Are Gathered (Vampire Assassin League, #4)