Start by marking “Sealed with a Kill (A Decoupage Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sealed with a Kill (A Decoupage Mystery, #3)

Sealed with a Kill (A Decoupage Mystery #3)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Autumn in New England brings out the changing leaves, and the leaves bring out the tourists. When Brenna Miller gets stuck as the tour guide for a group of leaf peepers, she tries to make the best of it. But it's hard to stay enthusiastic after the trial leads them straight to a dead body.

Published March 1st 2011 by Berkley (first published February 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sealed with a Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sealed with a Kill

Kimberly
I guess this is the last book in this series. With Nate and Breanna finally resolving their issues, Dom and "evil" Julie, LOL, appearing, and Tenley dealing with all her family issues, everything came together quite nicely.
The mystery was well crafted. There were some things that were left open and will make me wonder what is going on in Morse Point. But I think that doesn't matter because the best books for me are the ones that resolve things realistically, yet make me wonder what has happened
I feel like this is the end of the line for the characters of Morse Point! I love this series and this setting. I want to read more!!

I facebooked the author - this is the last decoupage mystery. She did say that the characters might appear in other books but their storyline as main characters is completed.

I'd love to see them in Arizona, on vacation, buying cupcakes from our favorite duo down there!!!
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This was a nicely quiet read. It also comes with some decoupage suggestions at the end for crafters. The characters were clearly crafted and the story moved forward in a predictable formula.
LORI CASWELL
Third Book in the Series

ISBN-10: 0425240258
ISBN-13: 978-0425240250
RELEASE DATE: March 1, 2011

It's Autumn in New England and Morse Point has colors bursting out all over which draws the tourists to the little town. The problem is the colors are not just bursting on the leaves on the trees, some of the wonderful people of Morse Point are showing their true colors as well.

Brenna is helping out a friend by acting as tour guide to a small group touring around Morse Point Lake. One of the tourists thi
Kaye

In Sealed With a Kill we find Brenna Miller agreeing to lead a group of "leaf peepers" on a tour. The leaves they gather will then be used in a decoupage project at Vintage Papers, a business run by Brenna and her best friend Tenley Morse. What she expected was a leisurely walk with some pleasant people; what she got was a big surprise in the unpleasant discovery of a dead body buried under some leaves. Oh, no! This just can't be happening to her again.

No one at the crime scene knows who the vi
Suspense Magazine
“Sealed With a Kill” is the third in Lucy Lawrence’s Decoupage mysteries. Normally, I’m not drawn to “craft” mysteries, but when I saw the book was set in New England—my home base—I decided to give it a try. And I’m so glad I did.
Likeable heroine Brenna Miller is a whiz at all sorts of craft projects, like creating a special decoupage pumpkin for Halloween or a decoupage tray decorated with the autumn leaves that are falling all over her home town of Morse Point. That’s why she loves her job at
Penny McGill
Well, I started off really liking this book because of the side-kick twin 70-year olds but they played a smaller part than I'd wished. It turned out to be a bit more of a romance and friend-related cozy and that is just fine.

They had all the basic ingredients in there, small-town where everyone knows everyone (Autumn so lots of tourists visiting to see the leaves) and an artists' collective + a specialty paper shop but few of these elements were used to the fullest and I still think that is all
Connie
This is the third book in this series and it was very satisfying. Brenna Miller, once again discovers a body, which happens to be the business partner of Rupert Morse, who is the father of Tenley Morse, Brennas business partner. Tenley is terribly shaken up by this and with her father being the main suspect, she turns to her best friend Brenna, to help her solve this murder. Join Brenna on a great hunt for the truth, while trying to also figure out her own mixed up love life, and trying to figur ...more
Michelle Randall
Book Three of the decoupage mystery series is another excellent book set in the small village of Morse point.

On a walking tour of the lake, a number of visitors to Morse Point on a "Leaf Peepers" tour, lead by Brenna, find more than just leaves, they discover a dead body. At first Brenna thinks she will be able to walk away from it, but it turns out that the dead person is Tenley's father's business partner. Well, so much for leaving it alone and letting Chief Baker take care of this one.

Along w
Emilia
very fast paced, nicely flowing little cosy mystery :) liked it a lot, will check more of that series for sure :)
you get your list of suspects kind of from the beginning, but then keep revising it until the last few pages when all becomes clear :) good one!
Sandybear76
Brenna is busy with her decoupage classes when she is asked to lead a leaf peeper group through the woods. Brenna is not excited about the group of people but she takes to see the beautiful leaves. As the group walks, enjoying the fall foliage, they gather leaves for a decoupage project with Brenna in a few days. Unfortunately, one of the group sees something unusual off the trail in the woods. That unusual something is a hand poking out through the leaves. Brenna's best friend Tenley's dad is b ...more
Jennifer Brown
Is this the end of the series?? It seemed like a final book, but I want more! I love this series. They are fast reads that keep you guessing. **SPOILER** While I guessed who the young girl was that was having the affair with Lester, I didn't realize she was going to also be the long lost daughter! I definitely didn't see the undercover FBI agents! I was in the dark for most of it and that's what I liked about it. Thanks for the great series!
Brenda Kirton
A good cozy mystery read. I enjoyed the characters and the plot. I like that Brenna didn't get herself in the dicey situation but that it was out of her control. I liked that the book wasn't full of red herrings. I like what happened with the different relationships between friends and family. An enjoyable read
Mackenzie Goodwin
I was on the edge of my seat the entire time while reading this book. I figured out the killer a little bit early, but that's to be expected being the crime nerd that I am. "lucy lawrence" is a fabulous author and she has yet to disappoint me. Hope she writes something new soon! ;)
Natalie
This was a fun, quick read. I liked the characters, I liked the New England setting, etc.

Who'd have thought I could get so much enjoyment out of a stack of cheesy mysteries that were a buck each? :-D
Heidi
Good thing I'm an optimist and read the entire series today. This was my favorite of the three - much more suspenseful! Plus, I'm a sucker for happy endings : ) Don't worry, that doesn't give anything away!
Grey853
A solid cozy with interesting characters, it actually has a decent plot. I did get annoyed with the whole love triangle thing, but it was resolved nicely in the end.

Shauna
I enjoy this book. The story line was intriguing and I never suspected the culprit until almost the very end. It is a well written cozy.
Eileen
I loved this 3rd in the series book by Lucy Lawrence. Lots of mystery and surprise. The characters
are so likable.
Andrea
5/10. I found the progression of the romance in this book unnatural. The mystery was okay, but not compelling.
Linda
A charming cozy mystery with a ending that delights in every way! Highly recommended, especially to cozy lovers.
Andrea Escaffi-James
This book was a very light read and it was exaclty what I expected. I enjoyed it.
Terry
I loved this book. Lots of twists and turns and the romance angle was cute!
ette
Fine for bubblegum-/the foreshadowing was so heavy-handed it was funny.
Nora-adrienne
This book is a must read. Full review when I return home.
Lorinda Byelich
Another great book to another great cozy mystery series!!
ChrisGA
This was an enjoyable three-book series.
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
  • Wreath of Deception (Craft Corner, #1)
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • The Diva Haunts the House (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #5)
  • The Sayers Swindle (Book Collector Mystery #2)
  • Stitch Me Deadly (An Embroidery Mystery, #2)
  • Fiber and Brimstone (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #8)
  • Sugar and Iced (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #6)
  • Button Holed (Button Box Mystery, #1)
  • Bitter Harvest (Orchard, #5)
  • If Fried Chicken Could Fly (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery #1)
  • A Crafty Killing (Victoria Square, #1)
  • How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)
  • Woof at the Door (Call of the Wilde #1)
  • The Lies That Bind (A Bibliophile Mystery, #3)
  • Sentenced to Death (A Booktown Mystery, #5)
  • Angel Condemned (Beaufort & Company Mystery, #5)
  • Death in a Difficult Position (Mantra for Murder, #4)
Lucy Lawrence is a pen name for Jenn McKinlay.

Lucy Lawrence (a pseudonym for Jenn McKinlay) took her first decoupage class when she was twelve years old. Since then, cutting and pasting have become a way of life. With two small children at home, she finds decoupage a fun craft as well as a very handy tool, especially when used to cover up doodles made in permanent marker on otherwise lovely furnit
More about Lucy Lawrence...
Stuck on Murder (A Decoupage Mystery, #1) Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2) The Boy Who Cried Wolf Too Many Clothes Buffy (Welcome to My World/Literacy 2000 Stage 1)