Start by marking “The Skinny Rules: The 101 Secrets Every Skinny Girl Knows” as Want to Read:
The Skinny Rules: The 101 Secrets Every Skinny Girl Knows

The Skinny Rules: The 101 Secrets Every Skinny Girl Knows

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Skinny girls. You know the ones. Those girls who seem to eat whatever they want, yet never gain a pound. You can't help but envy their skinny jeans and high metabolisms—but now you don't have to.

The truth is, skinny girls live by a set of Skinny Rules, whether they realize it or not. And now dietician and nutritionist Molly Morgan has collected their 101 secrets s
Published March 22nd 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Skinny Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Skinny Rules

Ridley
May 31, 2012 Ridley marked it as nope
I participated in a market research project for Harlequin a while back. As a thank you, they sent us a $75 check and three books. This was one of the three.

Putting aside for a moment what an insensitive and inappropriate choice a diet book is as a thank you gift, I'd like to clue you all in on something: this book is full of shit.

You see, I'm a skinny woman. Have been my entire life. At my very largest, I was a size 10. Mooooo, amirite? Currently, I'm about a size 6. And contrary to the book's c
Terri
You want to be thin!? There are a few basics and no matter how you approach it the basics are always the same: eating less, eating healthy and exercising. Follow that and most people will lose the extra pounds. The end.

So... the question is whether or not yet another book about being skinny and how to get there is worth the money.

I like the layout of the book. That's essential with this sort of book. It has 101 secrets a.k.a. rules that are numbered and in large letters as they appear. The book
Kristina Weber
There were three basic problems with this book.

The first was that there is no new information here. Everything in this book has been written before, ad nauseum.

The second problem was that most of the eating suggestions come from unreliable sources that have been proven wrong- such as the government's food pyramid.

Third, the fashion section was condescending and unnecessary. Page-filler, really.
Stephanie
This is a great book for anyone who likes little tricks and tips for an everyday healthy lifestyle.

The Skinny Rules is arranged into sections involving different scenarios for healthy living, such as "Skinny Fitness Rules", "Eating Out the Skinny Way," and "Skinny Cooking". While some of the rules are philosophy-based (to believe in yourself , not to stress the small stuff, etc), most of the rules involve ways to lighten up food, create strong exercise habits, and the dos and don'ts of eating ou
Mechelle
I'm still reading this but was so impressed by it that I had to review it early. Although I was almost too embarrassed by the title to check it out from the library I'm glad I did because this is actually a great book about how to become more intentional about your health. The title obviously needs to go, it eliminates entire audiences and targets only a few. There is so much information in this book about nutrition, making healthy food choices, being aware of what is in less healthy foods and t ...more
Lesa Parnham
Pleasantly surprised. This is not one of the predictable weight loss/diet books that I hae picked up in hopes of losing weight. Instead, it has hundreds of small "baby steps" to cut calories here and there without depriving yourself. Things that you can do without and not miss them. This makes people like me feel that I can do it!
Kelly
Hmm, I was expecting more than just a collection of tid-bits from every magazine blurb on how to loose weight. Not one single original idea or "ah-ha!" inspiration. Nope, just quotes from other people that had been published elsewhere. Sometimes I wonder what publishers are thinking when they publish something like this!
Liza
Apr 15, 2012 Liza rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: health
It's a great preview book, but I realized midway I needed a book that was more detailed over the nutrition aspect. If you're educated about nutrition and health and simply need an easy reminder or if you would like to learn about it this is a great book to pull you into the healthy world.
Soapykitty
It's not a bad book to flip through but the information in it is nothing new.My mom has been skinny all her life and she only drinks coke and snacks on bbq chips throughout the day.
Nicki Conroy
Love it! Some common sense rule that everyone needs to be reminded of when trying to eat healthily.
Harlequin Books
Category: Health, Fitness and Diet
Regina
Fun to read!
Masha
Masha added it
Jan 15, 2015
Krystine Mcvay
Krystine Mcvay marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Josephine
Josephine marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Skinny-Size It: 101 Recipes That Will Fill You Up and Slim You Down The Skinny Rules Skinny-Size It Drink Your Way to Gut Health: 140 Delicious Probiotic Smoothies & Other Drinks That Cleanse & Heal Drink Your Way to Gut Health: 140 Delicious Probiotic Smoothies & Other Drinks that Cleanse & Heal