Start by marking “A Time to Mend: Safe Harbors Book One” as Want to Read:
A Time to Mend: Safe Harbors Book One

A Time to Mend: Safe Harbors Book One (Safe Harbor #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  211 ratings  ·  31 reviews
An unopened gift. A broken vow. A tragic fire. Sometimes there are wounds that even time can't heal.

Max and Claire Beaumont seem to have the perfect marriage. They live in a beautiful home, have four wonderful children and everything else that success and money can buy. Yet beneath this picture-perfect exterior, Claire's life is falling apart. She can no longer hold her pe
Published January 8th 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Time to Mend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time to Mend

Lola
This was too good. Couldn't put it down until it was finished. A lot of lessons in there. Made me think.
Elaine
I enjoyed the characters and story of this book. I did not like that it had a ton of religion thrown in - if it wasn't in the last third of the book, I may have put it down and not finished to find out what happens.
Kimberly Lewis
The message regarding marriage and how partners need to provide emotional safety was good. The vehicle was altogether way too sappy for my personal taste. I like my literature to unfold and I like to figure things out for myself. This one is preachy and is akin to being hit over the head with a frying pan. I am consoled by the fact that it was a gift, not something I picked out myself. If nothing else, it drives home my preference for character development and a compelling plot. Everything was s ...more
Samantha
This book contained a lot of religion in it, but it was pretty good! I kept wondering if the couple's marriage was going to get any better or if it was just going to completely fall down the drain.
Rhodena Buck
Lots of lessons. Lots to think about. I took away a lot from all the books in this series. Should probably give it 5 stars.
Debbie
Good book until the end - too easy a fix. I wish real life was like that.
Natasha  Briggs
From the outside Max and Claire are living the perfect happy life with a great marriage. On the inside Claire feels like she has been swallowed whole. She is in search of a safe place as home doesn't feel the same to her anymore.

She goes on a life searching journey trying to rediscover who she is and where she came from.

This book tells you all about marriage and real life situations that people face everyday.
Alicia
Great Christian reading that relates to real life.
Georgette
Very frustrating story line.
Vicki Lanzendorf
Read this one quickly, due to sitting in hospital waiting room and being on vacation. Started second in series as soon as I finished this one! Makes one think about complacency and "settling" in a marriage and family.

Mcw
At the end of the day, it was a good read. I usually love and devour all that Sally John writes, but this one was really sloooow to get through. The characters were all not likeable and I just couldn't get in to it at all.
Anita Scholtens
This was an ok book. I would not recommend it. It was about a couple and their midlife crisis. You know - man works and it is his life line and woman stays at home and feel neglected... blah blah blah - get a hobby.
Stephanie
Novel about a middle aged couple's struggle to regain their marriage. I liked that it gave some attention to how submission has been misunderstood and mistaught in the church.
Eerily similar to my own marriage. My hubby, like Max, is also a workaholic. Caught my interest enough that I'm starting book 2 tonight.
Melissa
Husband and wife separate after many years of marriage. About learning how to mend a relationship with years of stored hurts.
This was a good book, very fast paced. The setting in southern CA was great, as I plan to move there over the summer.
Lynn Cutting
I read this because I like Karen Kingsbury and it was a good one. I can't wait to read the next one.
Tonya
Christian fiction that takes on some very common issues in marriage. A good thought provoking book.
Lynne
First time reading book by this author. I like her style & her great character development.
Aimee
Not really my kind of book. It was okay...I did finish it b/c I wanted to know the outcome.
Jill Isaac
I LOVED this book, I couldn't put it down, I am not completly done yet, but it is good!!
Deborah Boutwell
A look at what happens as marriages become comfortable and silent. Very good.
Cindy
Jan 14, 2009 Cindy is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far so good. A good book if you are married.
Mary
I like that this book makes you really think about issues.
Valerie
This book wasn't bad but it seemed to move too slowly.
Carol
I love Sally John's style of writing, so realistic.
Donna Putt
Cannot put it down....
Lisa
Jul 08, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Safe Harbor series / book one
  • Waiting for Daybreak
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • Reconstructing Natalie
  • A Perfect Love (Heavenly Daze #4)
  • Gardenias for Breakfast
  • The Living End
  • Flies on the Butter
  • Where My Heart Belongs
  • Covenant Child: A Story of Promises Kept
  • The Ultimatum (Steadfast #2)
  • Nothing But the Right Thing (Spirit and Soul #2)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (Yada Yada Prayer Group, #5)
  • Songs of Deliverance
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes (Family Honor #2)
  • U.S.S. Enterprise Ncc-1701-D Blueprints: Star Trek : The Next Generation (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Summer Breeze
  • Auto da Fay
  • Math Magic: The Human Calculator Shows How to Master Everyday Math Problems in Seconds
Sally John is the best-selling author of twenty novels, including the Side Roads series, the Safe Harbor series (coauthored with Gary Smalley), The Other Way Home series, The Beach House series, and In a Heartbeat series. A three-time finalist for the Christy Award, Sally writes contemporary stories that offer hope to readers in their own relational and faith journeys. She enjoys teaching writing ...more
More about Sally John...

Safe Harbor (3 books)
  • A Time to Gather: A Safe Harbor Novel
  • A Time to Surrender
The Beach House (The Beach House #1) Ransomed Dreams Castles in the Sand (The Beach House #2) Desert Gift A Journey by Chance