Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul My Dog's Life” as Want to Read:
Chicken Soup for the Soul My Dog's Life

Chicken Soup for the Soul My Dog's Life

Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Dog’s Life honors all the memorable ages and stages of our lovable canine’s lives. Readers will laugh, cry, nod along with these heartwarming and inspiring stories.

It’s a dog’s life. From puppyhood antics to the twilight years and saying goodbye, Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Dog’s Life captures the entire experience of living through the natu
Published April 12th 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul My Dog's Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul My Dog's Life

Kristin
Jan 03, 2013 Kristin rated it it was amazing
Yet another Chicken Soup book written with dog lovers in mind, and this one didn't disappoint. Organizationally, the stories were divided by the stage of life each canine subject was in when the story was written, from bringing home a squirmy puppy, to children growing up with their dogs, to senior canines, to mourning the loss of a best friend. What such organization could cause is a gradual dip in emotions, because puppies are fun and exciting, but reading about people having to put their dogs ...more
Xiaojuanwu
All of different stories are written in this book fulfill with both happiness and heartbreaking. Dogs make us laugh, cry, and receive love. Even though they are just pets but they can bring change to individual's life.

This book reminded me of my dog I had when I was young. It was such a good "friend" to me at same time part of family member. It always followed anywhere I go as if I a little sibling. Whenever I was with him, I felt all of my day stresses were gone. It licked my hands and cheeks
Dayana
Jun 23, 2012 Dayana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Como ya lo imaginan, es un libro que los fanáticos de los perros que difrutaran al máximo leyendo las historias de amor y fidelidad que se narran a los largo de 350 páginas.

Si bien siempre he tenido perros en mi casa y me gustan mucho, mi corazón es de los gatos.

Lo que leerán en el libro son historias de perros adoptados en refugios, perros rescatados y vivencias de voluntarios proteccionistas. También hay historias según la edad del perro que van desde el pequeño y dulce cachorrito, la materni
Cailin
Nov 25, 2013 Cailin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not done with this yet, and honestly I'm stalling reading the last two chapters. I've never read a Chicken Soup book before, but I've just lost my beloved dog and found myself staring at this book at the store. So far it is wonderful! Nice light reading that you can pick up and put down whenever. Every dog lover needs to read this. Again, the part I need to read the most, about coping with pet loss and saying goodbye, is being held off until I buy more Kleenex, and maybe a bottle of wine!
Guillermo
Jun 23, 2012 Guillermo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
What you will read in this book is a lot of heartwarming stories of dog adopted from shelters, rescued, protectionists stories and from all ages of dogs, ever since puppies to the hard goodbyes when they go live in a beautiful farm called Dog Heaven.

This is a book for all the dog-persons around, and all the dog-lovers to read, laugh, cry and enjoy.

Complete review here http://seriesandtv.com/chicken-soup-f...
Stephanie
Some of the stories/vignettes are more interesting than others, but unfortunately none of the writing is "quality." Too bad. This book, while helpful in some respects (especially if one is grieving the loss of a pet or is concerned about the health of a pet, as I am) could have been much better written.
Stephanie
Jul 07, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
When I started reading the "Chicken Soup" books, I didn't care too much for books of short stories. I have now read several of these and this one is the best! It's and absolute must read for dog lovers!
Deeanna
Jun 03, 2011 Deeanna rated it liked it
I have loved dogs ever since I was a little kid. The longest amount of time I have gone without having a dog in my life was about one year. I am and always will be a "dog person"!! This book had a whole range of stories- cute,funny,heartwarming and sad.
Dick Pilskog
Sep 11, 2015 Dick Pilskog rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very short stories about our beloved dogs. Great reading just before bed. The only thing I criticize is the amount of the book devoted to dogs passing away. Heartfelt stories but it did get me to thinking. Dogs life are shorter than humans and they really do appreciate the humans. Good book.
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Great gift from my husband when I was feeling down. He sure knows the way to bring a smile to my face.
Beverly
Beverly rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2016
A.
A. rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2015
Michaelalangnickel
Michaelalangnickel rated it did not like it
May 30, 2015
shelley cooper
shelley cooper rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2015
Nikki Frahm
Nikki Frahm rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
May 31, 2012
Gracezella Savira
Gracezella Savira rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Linda Runnebaum
Linda Runnebaum rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2012
Mackenzie
Mackenzie rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Marni
Marni rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Emily Daniel
Emily Daniel rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2013
Lisa Zeller
Lisa Zeller rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Irene
Irene rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2011
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2014
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2015
Tina Inzana
Tina Inzana rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2013
Patrice Massey
Patrice Massey rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2014
Elizabeth Marie
Elizabeth Marie rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2012
JULIE DAVIS
JULIE DAVIS rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress: Manage Your Problems, Big and Small, Every Day
  • Just Deserts
  • The First Stone
  • Ambulance Girl: How I Saved Myself By Becoming an EMT
  • Sharyn McCrumb's Appalachia
  • Touch the Top of the World: A Blind Man's Journey to Climb Farther than the Eye Can See
  • The Cat With A Feathery Tail And Other Stories
  • Adopting the Racing Greyhound
  • Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)
  • Devoted: 38 Extraordinary Tales of Love, Loyalty, and Life With Dogs
  • How to Look After Your Kitten
  • Dogs and the Women Who Love Them: Extraordinary True Stories of Loyalty, Healing, and Inspiration
  • A Cry for Justice
  • Chicken Soup For The Soul : Think Positive
  • Shelter Dogs: Amazing Stories of Adopted Strays
  • The Devil's Cauldron
  • The Jesus Story: Everything That Happens in the New Testament in Plain English
  • Puppy Dog Tales

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...