Start by marking “At Home in Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #9)” as Want to Read:
At Home in Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #9)

At Home in Dry Creek (Dry Creek #9)

With two kids to raise and her ex-husband in jail, Barbara Strong moved to Dry Creek for a fresh start. She loved the town, but apparently her feelings weren't reciprocated. Didn't the folks in Dry Creek trust her?

Truth was, Sheriff Carl Wall had asked everyone to leave Barbara alone so she could heal. The sheriff had vowed to protect the pretty, vulnerable newcomer--from
ebook, Love Inspired #371, 256 pages
Published November 1st 2006 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about At Home in Dry Creek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Home in Dry Creek

Homewood Public Library
Jan 13, 2012 Homewood Public Library rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Barbara Strong caught the bridal bouquet while everyone watched. Including the sheriff. Since she had moved to Dry Creek with her children it seemed that people did not trust her or accept her in their midst. Actually Sheriff Wall had asked the citizens of Dry Creek to let her get settled in her home before asking her for favors, to be on committees or do odd jobs for social functions. He also asked the ranch hands not to date her for a year. In the meantime, he had her under surveillance. Barba ...more
Jeanne
Barbara Strong is new to Dry Creek, Montana. She has an ex-husband in jail and two kids to raise. She's trying for a fresh start and she loves this little town, but she feels like the people of the town don't trust her. Unknown to her, Sheriff Carl Wall had asked everyone to leave Barbara alone so she could heal. He vowed to protect her from suitors and from her ex-husbands cronies. Would he be able to do his job even while losing his heart? A nice little romance story. I enjoyed the read.
Monica Willyard
Crystal
Aug 30, 2009 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good romance, something to escape for just short time. While I really like the Dry Creek series by Janet Tronstad, this may be my favorite one so far. I rarely shed tears in reading Love Inspired stories, but this touched me so much.

All Barbara wants is a home for her and her two children, something that hasn't happened while she was married to her abusive ex-husband who is now in jail for bank robbery.

I love this story and if you love Christian romance, you'll want to pick this one u
Mel Auslan Osborne
I loved loved loved this story. The way Janet Tronstad developed the MCs was inspiring. I loved how she made the minor characters feel just as important and interesting as the MCs is very unique.
Then she finished the story mentioning a new person in town without giving anything away, Hilarious. I have to find the name of the next book, I want to meet the new girl in town.

LOVED THE BOOK AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!
Mary
Aug 15, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is never easy to move to a new town, but when you are single with children! You would have so many things to see about, but what if your ex-husband was in jail?

One caring man in town helps to show that she is accepted. He even loses his heart to her eventually. But what happens in between?

She must prove that she is trustworthy. While she is put in a situation that make her look otherwise, that caring man is still lingering and watching. Who is he?
Jill Twigg
As Barbara Stong's ex-husband is serving time in jail, her and her two kids join the community of Dry Creek. Sheriff Carl Wall thought it might be a good idea to let the young mom get settled in before men start hassling her for a date. Unbeknownst to Barbara, the sheriff had told the town to give her a year of rest. Except Carl forgot to include himself.
joyce lynn
Dec 28, 2008 joyce lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
got kind of hooked on the town and the people that these books revolve around, so have been following this series as best i can.

this one did NOT let me down! maybe because i could relate to a few too many of the main characters?!

had a little mystery in it, but was primarily a romance. good, easy, quick read if you like this type book. quite relaxing after a pile of twisted thrillers!
Jeanette
Mar 11, 2011 Jeanette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Uh, to predictable and not enough excitement. A little boring to my taste.
Connie
Aug 19, 2010 Connie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just wanted something to read so picked this up. I really like a story with more substance.
Christine
Feb 04, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a feel good book. It was a bit repetitive in many of the references and very predictable. All in all I enjoyed it though!
Dakota
Mar 03, 2009 Dakota rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my friends
Shelves: steeple-hill
loved it
Sparrow12
Nov 17, 2011 Sparrow12 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am enjoying reading the books about Dry Creek.
I like books that are a series.
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2011
Dakota Haney
Dakota Haney rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2009
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2013
Laura Pierce
Laura Pierce rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2009
Kim Weir
Kim Weir rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2014
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2013
Stacey Smith
Stacey Smith rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2014
Dee
Dee rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2012
Christine Foutch
Christine Foutch rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2011
Paula
Paula rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2010
Charlene Clevenger
Charlene Clevenger rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2011
Christina Young-wray
Christina Young-wray rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2016
Elisa
Elisa rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • And Baby Makes Five (Mule Hollow, #2)
  • Her Wedding Wish (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #6)
  • A Family for Luke (Riverbend, #3)
  • Child of Mine (Rosewood, Texas, #2)
  • Butterfly Summer
  • Little Miss Matchmaker (Love Inspired)
  • The Best Gift (Sisters & Brides, #1)
  • The Christmas Child (Redemption River, #4)
  • Promise Forever
Janet grew up in the wide open spaces of rural Montana and now lives in the urban spaces of Pasadena, California. She's used both of these locations in her books. Her Dry Creek, Montana series numbers over twenty novels now and her Pasadena books, The Sisterhood of the Dropped Stitches, number four.
More about Janet Tronstad...

Dry Creek (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • An Angel for Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #1)
  • A Gentleman for Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #2)
  • A Bride for Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #3)
  • A Rich Man for Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #4)
  • A Hero for Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #5)
  • A Baby for Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #6)
  • A Dry Creek Christmas (Dry Creek, #7)
  • Sugar Plums for Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #8)
  • A Match Made in Dry Creek
  • Shepherds Abiding in Dry Creek (Dry Creek Series #11) (Love Inspired #421)