Naughty Amelia Jane!

Naughty Amelia Jane! (Amelia Jane #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  785 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Amelia Jane is back with a new look! The other toys do their very best to try to teach her to be good, but the terror of the toy cupboard can't behave herself for long.
Published 2001 by Egmont (first published 1939)

To ask other readers questions about Naughty Amelia Jane!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naughty Amelia Jane!

Aine
Oct 26, 2011 Aine added it
This is story about a mischievous doll named Amelia Jane. All the store-bought toys in the nursery are always well behaved, but homemade Amelia Jane is always up to tricks.

Amelia Jane can never be good for more than one week. She often plays nasty tricks on the other toys and gets them all into trouble. As a result, the toys always try to teach Amelia Jane a lesson by playing some tricks on her, but Amelia Jane never learns. With every trick she plays, someone always ends up hurt, and sometimes...more
Ruthliz
I thought Naughty Jane would completely reform or be taken away by the children so that the other dolls could love in peace.
But I still like the fact she scars her hand and she will always remember that she got it by being naughty and mean
Pamela King
Ahaha, I remember being so obsessed with this when I was in 4th grade. And I even used it for my story telling in speech class xD
M
When I first read these I remember being appalled by just how naughty Amelia Jane is. In 2014, it was the Toys who really got on my nerves. It was like they all had some kind of Stockholm Syndrome: they kept forgiving her and even put themselves at risk one time to rescue that silly-arse girl. I would have just let girlfriend deal with the consequences and deal with herself. I guess it's a good job I don't live in a toy box. But if I ever find myself in one, and that cow Amelia Jane is there, th...more
Shazin
Nov 09, 2012 Shazin added it
Enid Blyton used to be my fav author whn i was 10..!!!
Ramya
This series is very disturbing to adults but to a child, it nicely plays out all those not so nice aggressive feelings in the world of toys. This series inspired me to make my own verbal sequels to the adventures and terrorization of Amelia Jane called "Amelia Bad-elia" -- yes, even as a pre-teen I had stigmatized Amelia Jane as bad but redeemable by her need to be loved.
Nadine Taylor
Full stars, because these books were my childhood.
Brooklyn
Read this book when I was 7 and I loved it.
Devy
Naughty Amelia Jane was a kind of a interesting and a funny book .its about a girl named Amelia Jane she as the most naughty doll in the toys.She was the most giant doll. All the other toys were from a shop so they were very well-mannered but Amelia Jane was picked out from the garbage so she was very rude to the toys.She always does some very naughty things that the toys think that she is very rude.So it was amazing book.
Stephanie
I read this book back when I was in primary and I enjoyed it. Enid Blyton used to be my fav author
Indah W
I said again dhee.. I don't like this naughty doll, wakakakak :p
Jules
One of my favourite childhood books!
Meera
May 28, 2013 Meera added it
This book is about a naughty girl
areeba
its a r. naughty book hahaha
Ifeyinwa
Amazing childhood stories.
Aanchal
very funny
Montana "the
She's realy mean
Adeline
Adeline marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Induru Wijesinghe
Induru Wijesinghe marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • My Naughty Little Sister (Naughty Little Sister, #1)
  • Blinky Bill
  • Mrs. Pepperpot Stories
  • Alice-Miranda at School
  • The 26-Storey Treehouse
  • Fun and Games at Malory Towers  (Malory Towers, #10)
  • The Five Masks of Dr. Screem (Goosebumps: Hall of Horrors, #3)
  • Silver Brumbies of the South
  • The Muddle-Headed Wombat
  • Undone! (Uncollected)
  • It's a Twin Thing (Two of a Kind, #1)
  • Baby Island
  • Traveling Shoes (Shoes, #11)
  • The Battle Begins (Underworlds, #1)
  • The Complete Adventures of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie
  • Horrid Henry's Underpants
  • The Savage Stone Age  (Horrible Histories)
Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to editor Hugh Pollock, with whom she had tw...more
More about Enid Blyton...
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)