Start by marking “Revolution Within: A Fresh Look at Supernatural Living” as Want to Read:
Revolution Within: A Fresh Look at Supernatural Living

Revolution Within: A Fresh Look at Supernatural Living

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  71 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
"One of the fundamental misunderstandings the first-century world had in regard to Jesus was that He had come to stir up an outward, political revolution. Dwight Edwards reminds us in his powerful book that the revolution, like the kingdom, is essentially within--that Jesus is still a King whose kingdom is the heart.”
--Michael Card, recording artist and author of A Violent
Published April 17th 2001 by WaterBrook (first published April 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Revolution Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revolution Within

Jkanz
Feb 02, 2015 Jkanz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read, 2015
I first heard of Revolution Within: A Fresh Look at Supernatural Living (2002) in a Larry Crabb lecture (the author of the forward to the book). Indeed, the influences upon one another are evident in Crabb's lectures and in Edwards' book. Considering my fondness (some would say excessive fondness) for Dr Crabb, it is unsurprising that I deeply enjoyed this book.

In essence, Revolution Within deals with New Covenant living. Too often, Christians continue to live Old Covenant lifestyles even thoug
Erin
Jun 16, 2009 Erin rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Erin by: John
The online description doesn't really do any justice to this book. To my memory it doesn't even attempt to make a comparison between political/social revolution to an inward revolution. However, the author does make the point that in order for any outward change to occur an inward change is necessary and that it's important to understand what this inward change really is. This book is an exploration of that inward change. It gave the clearest depiction of the New Covenant I have ever encountered ...more
Eva
Sep 04, 2010 Eva rated it liked it
I found this book to be liberating. When we accept Christ as our personal savior we are gifted with the Holy Spirit. When we are given this gift, we may not know how to use it. The four key points of the book - a new purity, a new disposition, a new identity and a new power teaches each of us how to accept our gift and to live our life for God. I recommend this book to every believer! Thanks Laura for recommending it to me!
Asaxby
Nov 30, 2008 Asaxby rated it it was amazing
I actually did the workbook version of this book. it is by far one of the most eye opening studies I have ever done. Taught me that "God does not require anything of me that He didn't already deposit in me." Excellent study that I will do over and over.
Chris Purdy
Mar 29, 2012 Chris Purdy rated it it was amazing
Very insightful book, full of great analogies and explanations of Scripture.
Sandi
Oct 24, 2012 Sandi rated it it was amazing
Excellent Book!
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Liz Jewett
Liz Jewett is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2016
Cassia
Cassia marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Henrik
Henrik added it
Mar 06, 2016
Kristofer Strid
Kristofer Strid marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Alan Billman
Alan Billman rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Patricia Bodanza
Patricia Bodanza rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Adam D McMahen
Adam D McMahen is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2015
Ray Cameron
Ray Cameron rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Dean
Dean rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2015
Lisa Fischer
Lisa Fischer marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Penney
Penney rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Sean Mcpeak
Sean Mcpeak marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Katie Kirschenmann
Katie Kirschenmann rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Jaquie
Jaquie rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2015
Steve Lawson
Steve Lawson rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2015
Alyssa Grindstaff
Alyssa Grindstaff marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Charissa
Charissa rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2016
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014