The Twelve Nights of Christmas

The Twelve Nights of Christmas

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  281 ratings  ·  29 reviews

Unexpectedly homeless for the festive season and exhausted from transforming the penthouse of the hotel where she works into a dazzling winter wonderland, chambermaid Evie Anderson secretly sleeps over. Woken by an outrageously sensual kiss, Evie feels her body come alive...until she realizes her seducer is Rio Zacarelli, her dangerously attractive new boss
This Christmas,...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Harlequin Presents Extra (first published October 1st 2010)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
The Twelve Nights of Christmas is the feel-good kind of romance that a reader can pull off the shelf when they want an easy read that will infuse them with Christmas good vibrations. I endorse it with a four star rating.

Why?

Well, it's simple. The storyline is easy to follow, the characters are well-developed but surprisingly likeable, and it's a story about rekindled hope when things seem dark. Christmas to me is about hope and I love the idea that a short book can give me that feeling of Christ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I read all Sarah Morgan’s books. Her stories are fresh, interesting with believable characters.
This is the second time I am reading this book and again enjoyed the story of Rio Zaccarelli, an Italian millionaire who is gorgeous and hates Christmas because of something that happened when he was a child.
Evie Anderson is a gorgeous (she doesn’t know that of course), wholesome, kind woman, working as a receptionist at the fabulous hotel that Rio owns.
Rio discovers a naked Evie sleeping in the bed o...more
Demetra
The perfect read before Christmas! You will absolutely enjoy it. Believeable characters, great hero and heroine, one hot sex-scene and the right amount of drama.
Karla
I haven't read a book in this line (Harlequin Presents) in over 10 years. I don't enjoy reading about the very rich, their lives are too easy and I'm not into conspicuous consumption. This book was very enjoyable in spite of this. Lots of dialogue, the h/h spent a lot of time together and behaved in believable ways.
Dana S
The writing was fine, there were a few nice romantic moments, and for a HP, the plot was believable. But the heroine drove me insane.

The hero, Rio, "who hadn't gone ten days without sex since he'd lost his virginity" (apparently the author thought this was an important character trait) was better than most HP heroes, alpha but not too dickish. And he has believable issues about why he doesn't like Christmas.

But the heroine, Evie, was a total wet blanket. In the beginning, she has a shitty job,...more
Vanessa
Scrooge meets . . . Cinderella

Evie worked in housekeeping in Rio Zacarelli’s hotel when he met her. Evie should have listened to her instincts but she didn’t. It’s in her nature to trust people and always find the good in them, because somewhere deep inside there usually seems to be some good buried there. She loves her grandfather very much and desperately tries to not disappoint him. This plays into Rio’s hands and he uses it to get what he wants. For him the ends justify the means. She is an...more
Vanessa Jaye
I really enjoyed this book. The tone of it was fresh and mondern. So much so, for the first part of it, it could have passed for a Carrie-centric/Carrie-only episode of SITC. I also love the way the usual trite tropes where used/presented. Not that anything was turned on its head, just that, again, if felt like it was dealt with in a more contemporary manner.

There were a few nitpicks so, after a great start, there was a section there when there was a bit of bickering about things you thought ha...more
Tali
So I was quite surprised by this story - I didn't really think much of the cover or the blurb - but I ended up really loving it. Sure the set up at the beginning is completely implausible, especially given that Evie really didn't trust her sleazy boss who set her up in the first place, but it's just such a goodnatured story that I really enjoyed reading it and sped through it quite quickly. Evie and Rio were both fun characters to read about and I loved their arguments - it showed real chemistry...more
Ayu Wirdha
Shelley
I normally don't like this line, but this was a seriously charming book and I adored Evie. The author also managed to make the hero alpha without being an asshole, which is impressive, so major thumbs up.
Joely Burkhart
Such a wonderful story! I loved Evie and although Rio was the typical cold, hard Italian alpha, he had layers and reasons for everything. Watching her crack his hard exterior was priceless.
Tracie
I really enjoyed this. The relationship was believable. It had a feel-good holiday feeling which I loved.
MaryReadsRomance
4.5 Sweet and Sizzling Stars
A very well written Contemporary Harlequin that has it ALL Believable and plausible contemporary setting and plot. Very hot, rich, handsome and damaged hero. Beautiful well endowed sweet, moral, intelligent, and damaged heroine. Sizzling chemistry and sex. Romance. Entertaining with an element of mystery. A Christmas redemption Holiday story. Worthy of a second read and a new personal favorite.

In Summary: A new young American in London, the heroine is having a very...more
Melissa
An enjoyable and sexy read. Definitely got me hot under the collar.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Snowkissed and Seduced!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Snowkissed and Seduced!
Amy
very cute book!
Alex
At First Sight: Evie Anderson thought it was a little weird when her creep of a boss told her she could stay at the penthouse of the hotel where she worked for one night, since she had to be on-site so early in the morning. She usually wouldn't have agreed, but she had just been kicked out of her apartment and had no other place to go.

Rio Zacarelli - a successful, ruthless and super rich billionaire - has a very important deal on the making and, at the advice of his lawyer, decides to spend a re...more
Tabs
And another book successfully cleared off my e-reader!

I was not expecting to enjoy this one but it won me over.

The plot involves a ruthless Italian tycoon (don't they always) and a wholesome hotel receptionist who get thrown together by some confusingly weird and elaborate trickery and are subsequently forced to fake an engagement for the paparazzi for the twelve days before Christmas.

What sold me on this one was the astuteness of the male lead. Man is not a fool. He pretty much untangles every...more
Tabs
And another book successfully cleared off my e-reader!

I was not expecting to enjoy this one but it won me over.

Kelly
It was pretty good for an HP, actually, but it didn't really float my boat. That said, I think that all the things that bothered me about the book are part of the HP style, so I can't really fault this book. If you like HP, you'll like this book.
Tasneem
I give this a 2.5 raiting. The story is fairly predictable, though I did like the character of Rio. I didn't like how England was explained though, the whole part about her perfect childhood with views of the forest and lake just sounded overly fake to me. At least Rio and his tragic life seemed more likely.
But overall, a not too badly written book. I especially found the ending over the top. That kind of public declaration of affection just strikes me as so not English, and so embarrasingly vul...more
Diana
I wasn't too keen on the premise, but come on now, this is Sarah Morgan. I had to give it a shot, and true enough, I ended up enjoying Rio and Evie's time together. I particularly loved the moment they left the premiere and the conversations that followed during that night ..... I laughed so much and appreciated what, or rather WHO Evie really is as a person, and at that point I couldn't wait for us to learn more about Rio. :D
CL (www.loveisastateofmind.net)
Clearly the author has never set foot in London if she thinks it would be seven degrees below freezing and snowing over Christmas.
Rinou
L’héroïne est un peu cruche et naïve, surtout au début. Le héros par contre est top pour un héros de la collection Azur.
Laurel
I enjoyed reading this book. It has a lot of heart, and is a beautiful Christmas story.
ms bookjunkie
An absolutely wonderful, heartwarming and emotionally satisfying read. Love!
Tori
Quick, cute, and romantic.
Ms Fine
Ms Fine marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
  • His Virgin Acquisition
  • The Brunelli Baby Bargain
  • Nicolo: The Powerful Sicilian (Orisini Brothers, #4)
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent (Harlequin Presents, #2911)
  • The Legend of de Marco (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • Ruthless Awakening
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • The Banker's Convenient Wife (Brides of L'Amour, #3) (Harlequin Presents, #2379)
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Her Last Night of Innocence
  • Strangers in the Desert
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes hot, happy contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She has been nominated four years in succession for the prestigious RITA© Award from the Romance Writers of America and has won the award twice, in 2012 and 2013. She also won the RT Reviewers' Choice Award in 2012 and has made n...more
More about Sarah Morgan...
Doukakis's Apprentice Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1) Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1) A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1) Ripped (Miller Sisters, #1)