The Rough Guide to Cult Football

The Rough Guide to Cult Football

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Uncover the most amazing stories and the unlikeliest personalities on Planet Football, both past and presents, that all go to make soccer the greatest show on earth.
Published September 20th 2010 by Rough Guides Limited (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Rough Guide to Cult Football, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rough Guide to Cult Football

Jeff
Jan 04, 2011 Jeff rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: sports
A fun and informative book about the lesser-known cult figures of the beautiful game. Lots of colorful characters, off-the-wall stats, and thought-provoking comments. I was out of touch on some of the U.K. references, particularly the players from before the 1980s, but it's still a fun read, even for us Yanks.
Neither fish nor fowl, a terrible thing to say about a book. Felt a little like spending time with a teenage boy who endlessly recounts spectacular stories of cool superpowers, fights and big explosions. It was interesting for awhile but palled long before the end of the book.
Frank
A little over my head considering my lack of knowledge about soccer history, but that's also what makes it a good primer into the lighter and odder side of the game.
Glenn Liguori
Apr 03, 2012 Glenn Liguori marked it as to-read
Shelves: soccer
X
Mike Templeton
Mike Templeton marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2011
Dan Kauppi
Dan Kauppi is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2011
Kathy Fredrickson
Kathy Fredrickson marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2010
Mad For It We're The Famous Man United Glory Glory! We're the Famous Man United: Old Trafford in the 80s United! United: Old Trafford in the 70s