Start by marking “The Mac Gregor Brides: Christmas Fairytales” as Want to Read:
The Mac Gregor Brides: Christmas Fairytales

The Mac Gregor Brides: Christmas Fairytales (The MacGregors #6)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  10,799 ratings  ·  212 reviews
Daniel MacGregor is the clan patriarch. He's powerful, rich - and determined to see his three career-minded granddaughters married. So he carefully chooses three unsuspecting men, men he considers worthy, and sets his plans in motion! But Laura, Gwen and Julia aren't about to let their busybody grandfather have it all his own way. Nora Roberts is a publishing phenomenon; t ...more
Published 1997 by Silhouette Book

To ask other readers questions about The Mac Gregor Brides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mac Gregor Brides

Lydia Perversius
Brenda Ramirez
So Daniel is such a meddiler. but he always know what guy is good for his family. Laura is a lawyer like her parents diana blake and caine Mcgregor. she falls for a security ex-officer named royce. He meets his beloved in her house she's busy hearing music and getting food out of the fridge and shaking her butty when royce finds her she doesnt knowdest until she turn atumatically she gets her knife and warns him if gets any closer she would stab him. He smiles with that crocket cocky smile and t ...more
Claire
This wasn't the best book, but it wasn't all that bad. I went into this book kind of expecting what I was getting (thanks to other readers' reviews) and so I wasn't disappointed when the 3 short stories all turned out extremely similarly. I was kind of annoyed that the realizations of the couples all occured at Christmastime, it was just to predicatble by the time I got to the third story (which, by the way, was my favorite of the three). Too bad real life isn't as easy as romance novels make th ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
Here comes the Brides
In the continuing saga of the Macgregors, Nora Roberts introduces us to three grown up granddaughters of the likable Patrioch, Daniel Macgregor. There's Laura, Gwen, and Julia, cousins. All three independent and hard working. Sharing a house, they are very close to each other and family and find that they have now caught the notice of their lovable grandfather. He has decided that they have been single long enough and sets off to put in their paths Mr. Right. What ensues wil
Shannon C.
4 stars: Laugh out loud, enjoyable summer read

I really like this light hearted, humorous series. Great characters. Endearing and hard to put down. I've read almost all of the books in this series and enjoyed them.

Not knowing it was a series, I started with this book. It was hiliarous. I was hooked. My favs in the series are the later books (including this one) with three generations of MacGregors and the matchmaking, meddlesome grandfather. I actually think I liked the series more by starting w
Aspen
I love the MacGregors!!! Can't wait to get started on the MacGregor Grooms! This Book is so fun to read! Each story has its unique qualities and it's similarities. It catches your attention with the first page, and by getting inside Grandfather MacGregors mind with his memoir entries. I love that MacGregor! Mora Roberts has done it again! I will be talking about and recomending her books for as long as I live. Love, love, love them!!
Tbennett
These stories were too RUSHED individually. I would have preferred maybe that they all have taken place at the same time and intertwined with each other. Maybe starting and ending at different points in the book. NOT a favorite in this series.
Alexandra
I really enjoyed this book. It's actually the first book I've read about the MacGregors.
I loved how everyone called the grandpa the McGregor, he really was quite a character and a master manipulator. But it was all done in a loving way. Daniel McGregor has lived a long and happy life with his wife besides him. Now in his 90's. He wants to make sure his three grandaughters are happily married and with families started before he goes.
Laura,Gwen and Julie are all quite busy with there chosen care
Quinn's Book Nook
Review originally posted on Quinn's Book Nook

I first read The MacGregor Brides by Nora Roberts when I was in college and discovered the Romance genre. I’ve since read this book too many times to count. In fact, if you saw how beat up my copy was, you’d totally understand. There is something about The MacGregor Brides that just puts me in the holiday spirit and makes me feel very warm and fuzzy inside.

The MacGregor Brides is a collection of three novellas about three of the MacGregor cousins. Eac
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Duncan Mandel

In this captivating story, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts introduces us to the next generation of one of her most popular and celebrated families, as cousins Laura, Gwendolyn and Julia discover what their parents already know -- that their busybody grandfather has an unerring instinct for love.

Daniel MacGregor is at it again!
At age ninety, there is nothing the powerful patriarch of the MacGregor clan would like more than to see his three eldest granddaughters happily married

Pooja
This was my first time meeting anyone from the famous MacGregor clan so I cannot be sure if I would've enjoyed the read a little more if I had followed the series from the beginning. To me, this felt too short. Since this was a 3-in-1 novel, every character's love story was crammed into their respective allotted pages, and while it was nice to be given three storylines neatly packaged in time for Christmas (where each story ends), I would've appreciated more time with the characters, perhaps wit ...more
Fiona
Ok so a Mills and Boon book ( my first ever) and I loved it, I adore Nora Roberts doing Romance so this worked well for me! Laura , Gwen and Julia have a matchmaking grandfather who is determined to see them married off to " good stock" ( hate that phrase lol) and the book is split into three parts, each covering how their romance pans out. Nice easy read, and I think I have a few more of that series kicking about, time to dig them out I think!
Nichelle Bell
Not bad, but definitely not her finest work... I think I more enjoyed the glimpses we got of the siblings we all ready knew and loved. A way to see that yes, Alan did become president, Caine and Diana created an awesome, not to be reviled, law practice and that Serena and Justin are still wheeling and dealing! I wish we could have seen any of Grants story,... Perhaps in the next book? The stories in and of themselves were cute but totally cookie cutter romance. With a writer of her talents, tryi ...more
Aretha Renia
The MacGregors are Roberts most beloved family (in my personal opinion). I have read almost all of their saga. The MacGregor is the a real charater. The way he manipulates his family into finding the loves they deserve is priceless.
Hannah Brown
Daniel MacGregor yearns for great-grandchildren before he passes away, but his granddaughters are taking far too long to settle down. So what does he do? Begin meddling, of course! However, Laura, Gwen and Julia aren’t going to make it easy for him. Can Daniel do it – and not suffer their raging wraths?

I really, really enjoyed this book. Well, the three novellas it included (yes, there are three separate stories within this novel). So I’ll work in chronological order.

First up was Laura’s story.
Jen
Daniel MacGregor is one of my all-time favorite characters. In this three-in-one novel, we meet his granddaughters, Laura, Gwen and Julia. Daniel decides it's time for then to marry and he picks out the men he thinks will suit them best.

For Laura, it's Cameron, an expoliceman turned security expert who Daniel hires to install a security system in the girls' house. One look at Laura in her boxers trying to bean Cam with a soda did him in. He'd never seen a more beautiful woman with fire and flash
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Bagi Daniel Duncan Macgregor, keluarga adalah segala2nya bagi dia, setelah berhasil menjodohkan ke3orang anaknya, tanpa merasa perlu menerima ucapan terimakasih, kali ini, setelah cucu2nya menjadi dewasa, terutama cucu perempuannya, dia mulai sibuk memikirkan jodoh yang pantas, darah hebat, keturunan kuat, Hah!
Laura adalah putri tertua dari Caine dan Diana, merupakan cucu perempuan tertua bagi Daniel dan Anna, memiliki 2 hobby utama, makan dan tidur, dan bekerja sebagai pengacara muda di kantor
Edan Marie Esquibel
Novels like these ease my stress and to think some people told me that I ought to cut down my reading leisure.

And I'm reading MacGregor stories, again!
But who wouldn't want to hear about this family?

--------------------------------------------------

Time passes by so quickly (*sniff) and now, I'm reading about the grand daughters. It's really a feat to also hear about their parents (and grandparents) and undying love. And sometimes, I tell myself that families like these are too good to be true

I
Kathi
Normally, I prefer novels to short stories/novellas, but these three intertwined pretty well. I got into the stories so deeply that when the three main characters were sharing hot chocolate, I had to go make some for myself! I will pass this book on to my reading circle.

This is the first book I've read of the MacGregor series, and it seems to stand alone, but the blatant piracy of the Kennedy clan (sans the curse) was annoying to me. Ms. Roberts is an accomplished enough writer that she an come
Sonia Cristina
Primeira parte - Laura
Este romance foi querido mas nada de especial. Uma história muito curta, em que não houve nada de extraordinário. O melhor foi mesmo quando Laura confrontou o avô por ele intervir na sua vida pessoal e tentar (e conseguir) arranjar-lhe marido. Aquele Daniel MacGregor! LOL

Segunda parte - Gwendolyn (aka, Gwen)
Mais uma história pequenina, a minha preferida. Sendo eu interessada em personagens médicos, Gwen foi uma personagem bem vinda, assim como Branson, sendo escritor. Lá pe
Sue Plant
after the first trilogy where you got to meet all the macgregors and the amazing story lines with each book i must say i felt a bit cheated

first off these are three shortish stories in one book...but i felt i didnt really get to know the characters of the brides at all...or find out how their parents had gotten on over the years..

and as for daniel he never changes so with his history surely the family would know as soon as he says good blood should make them realise they are being set up...
Marleen
Romance and Christmas, what's not to like?
Daniel McGregor is 90 years old and the patriarch of a rich and powerful family. And when he decides that it's time for his grand daughters to get married, then that is just what they will do.
One by one he picks what he considers the perfect man for the young women, gets them together and then sits back to let nature and love take their course.
Laura, Gwen and Julia each think they don't have time for love or a serious relationship, but the men Daniel McG
Julie Eichelberger-ford
The MacGregor Brides is a lovely, comical and thoroughly enjoyable read. The MacGregor is tired of waiting for his granddaughters to marry and have babies, so he picks out 3 candidates for his 3 eldest granddaughters. He then provides chance meetings for them to work together and fall in love without letting on that he is behind it.
Alexis
This is the very first book by Nora Roberts that I ever read! I was 15 years old. A friend insisted I read it and even escorted me to the library to make sure I did. I think I borrowed this and Sea Swept. So I can blame (and thank) my buddy Krystel for my obsession with this author. We spent that entire summer hanging out in a Bronx deli and reading Nora Roberts, L.J. Smith, and Sydney Sheldon. Good times.

I don't remember much of the details, but I thought The MacGregor Brides was hilarious and
Kris - My Novelesque Life
2 STARS

I did not care for this series. I felt that there was more romance than story which did not interest me. I did finish the series to see if it gets any better and also felt obligated to finish series at that time in my life.
Mudpie
I love Julia and Cullum the most because of the way they snap at each other. ..really cracks me up and Murdoch Senior is a real dear! But my fave hero is Branson. ..the twelve days of Christmas gifts is the ultimate romantic gesture aww...great collection!
Kimberly Cser
I love everything about the McGregor series. My favorite character is the grandfather. The series is so full of humor that you will find yourself laughing outloud.
Amanda Kern
Like the groom's better

I like the book with the groom's a little bit better than this one. This one still rates 4 stars though.
Nickisha
Love it!

Great trilogy by Nora Roberts, told this way as a part of The McGregor's memoirs made it an irresistible treat.
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Ambushed! (McCalls' Montana #3)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Nocturnal
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • The Trouble with J.J.
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Purity in Death (In Death, #15)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

The MacGregors (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Rebellion (The MacGregors, #0.1)
  • In From The Cold
  • Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
  • All The Possibilities (The MacGregors, #3)
  • One Man's Art (The MacGregors, #4)
  • For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The MacGregor Grooms (MacGregors, #8)
  • The Perfect Neighbor (The MacGregors, #9)

“Love gilds life” 1 likes
“When a man reaches ninety years of living, he is tempted to look back on his life, to evaluate, to consider his triumphs and his mistakes. Often he might think, “What if I had done this instead of that?” or “If only I had that to do over.”
Well, I don’t have time for that kind of nonsense!
I look forward, have always done so. I’m a Scotsman who has lived most of his long life away from the land of his birth. America is my home. I have made my family and raised my children here. I have watched my grandchildren grow. For nearly sixty years I have loved one woman, lived with her, admired her, worked with her. And worked around her, when there wasn’t any other way.
My Anna is all that is precious to me. Between us - well, we’ve had a hell of a time.
I’m a rich man. Oh, not just in dollars and possessions and property, but in family. Family comes first. That’s something else that always was and always will be part of my life. My Anna and I made three children between us. Two sons and a daughter. My pride in them is nearly as great as my love.
I had to admit, though, that it was necessary, at one time, to nudge these three strong individuals along, to remind them of their duty to the MacGregor name, to the MacGregor line. I regret to say that my children were a bit slow in this area, and their mother worried.
So, with a little help, they married well. By well, I mean they found the mate of their heart, and those unions gave Anna and me two more daughters and another fine son to dote on. Good stock, strong blood to match a MacGregor.
Now I have eleven grandchildren - three of them honourary MacGregors , though they be Campbells by name. Campbells, God help us, but good children they are despite it. They all have been the joy of our later years, Anna’s and mine, as we watched them grow from babies to adults.
Like their parents, they’re slow to do their duty, to understand the richness of marriage and family. It worries their grandmother day and night. I’m not a man to stand by and watch my wife fret, no indeed, I am not. I’ve considered this carefully.
My three oldest granddaughters are of marriageable age. They are strong, intelligent and beautiful women. They’re making their way in this world as well, on their own. Such things - so Anna has taught me - are as important for a woman as for a man. With Laura, Gwendolyn, and Julia I have a lawyer, a doctor and a businesswoman on my hands. Bright and lovely, are my girls, so the men I’ll pick for them to build their lives with must be rare men indeed. I’ll not have them settle for less than that.
I’ve got my eye on a fine trio of lads. All come from good, strong stock. Handsome lads, too. Ah, won’t they make lovely couples and give me pretty babies?
One at a time is the plan. It’s best in such matters to give each one my full skill and attention. So I’m starting with Laura, she’s the eldest after all. If I don’t have young Laura smelling orange blossoms by Christmas, my name isn’t Daniel MacGregor!
Once she’s settled down, I have just the boy in the mind for my darling Gwen. Julia might be the toughest nut of the three, but I’m working on that.
Just a little push is all I’ll give them. I’m not a meddler after all, just a concerned grandfather in the winter of his life - and I intend for it to be a very long winter. I’m going to watch my great-grandchildren grow.
And how the devil am I to do that if these girls don’t marry and get me babies, I ask you? Hah! Well, we’re going to see to that - so Anna won’t fret, of course.”
0 likes