Start by marking “Twice Upon a Roadtrip” as Want to Read:
Twice Upon a Roadtrip

Twice Upon a Roadtrip

Twice Upon A Roadtrip By Shannon Stacey When the going gets tough, Jill Delaney gets going.in the other direction. This time the other direction has Jill hitching a ride with the senior center's Spring Fling tour to Orlando. Screwed out of a promotion, she's ready for some fun in the sun before it is time to balance her checkbook again. Ethan Cooper just wants to get his m ...more
Published October 1st 2005 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Twice Upon a Roadtrip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice Upon a Roadtrip

MountainKat
*3+ Stars*

This was ok for me, there were some pretty funny parts. But it didn't really hold my attention and it was too easy to put down. I think at times the bickering crossed over from silly and fun to frustrating. So, it was ok for me.
Jackie  Kluyts - Kiwibooknerd
This was such a brilliant read....I read it in bed last night and I laughed out loud so many times, that eventually my husband got so pissed off with me he got up to go sleep in the spare room.....

Fantastic Read!!!!!
Miss Kim
Dec 20, 2011 Miss Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, 2011, e-book
I'm really liking this author!
This story was too short! I loved Jill and Ethan!

Highly recommended short sexy story.
Karla
Sep 12, 2011 Karla rated it really liked it
I honestly thought this was going to be just another short story... It wasn't. It was funny, unpredictable and refreshing. I really liked it.
Jill is a disaster prone librarian, who in the worst day of her life gets passes up on a promotion at her job, dents a car that is not hers, no matter how much they look alike and call her new boss a bitch to her sons face. She decides to quit her job and go on a vacation, but since she has almost no money she signs up for the senior center trip to Florida
Taryn Elliott
Sep 03, 2011 Taryn Elliott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
This was a laugh out loud book. The love scenes felt a little forced in spots, like the author wasn't quite comfortable with the language she was writing, but the ridiculous snowball of crazy antics kept me racing through the book.

I found myself done with the book with a smile on my face.

It was a little kismet on the timing. This book also had a child dealing with the loss of a parent, worrying about his mother and the loneliness that sets in. I could definitely put myself in Ethan's shoes. I
Michelle
Jan 23, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I almost wet my pants reading this book... laugh out loud and even snorted while reading this book. My husband kept asking me what in the heck I was reading and as I tried to explain he just stared at me. So, I waived a dismissive hand at him as men just don't get it sometimes. These characters are great and wonderful. I truly enjoyed reading about the adventures of Jill and Ethan are hilarious, sweet, and very very steamy. It's a no brainer romance of girl down on her luck, meets boy and falls ...more
Nakeesha
So, I've been spending the weekend checking out the competition. I started with Amira Press and now I'm onto Ellora's Cave...in case any of my friends are wondering about my Currently Reading shelf. I only managed to get to the end of 1 out of 3 books. I got through 70% of "Twice Upon a Roadtrip."

My main issue was that I didn't take to either of the main characters. Though Jill was a disaster in her professional and personal life, Ethan was an asshole all around. He was mean and condescending an
marieno
Sep 28, 2015 marieno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was good! I'm surprised because it didn't feel like a Shannon Stacey book, but it's a compliment. I'm a fan of Shannon Stacey and liked almost all her books. When I read a book and I don't recognize ''My'' author, that just shows how versatile and complete she is as writer. There were sex scenes more dirty that her other books and the characters were very different. I hesitated a lot before reading it and I decided to because it was only 1.08$, but I'm so glad I did, I would have miss anoth ...more
MsChris1161
Jul 12, 2012 MsChris1161 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed
This book has light-hearted fun down pat and I totally enjoyed reading it. The chemistry banter between the H/H was genious. I can't remember reading another book that had me literally laughing out loud so many times from the predicaments and the characters reactions to them.
Ellie
Oct 14, 2011 Ellie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was better than I thought! A lot of fun and a great length.

That being said, it isn't exactly deep and the feelings at the end aren't entirely believable because of the length of the story, and the character's relationship.

That aside, this book is good clean fun.
Maya
I can't count the number of times I laughed out loud while reading this book. Definitely wasn't expecting it but it was a pleasant surprise. And yes, I was even more excited when I saw that Jill was a children's librarian. :P Go librarians!!
Lesley
Dec 17, 2013 Lesley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm just not a fan of the stranded with no money and crazy hijinks ensue kind of story and that's what this was. Why did I buy this? I had $1.54 left on my gift card and it cost $1.49. So, for $1.49 it was a decent read.
Tamara
Aug 14, 2011 Tamara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
got this book an a recommend of a $1.49 download for my kindle. It was hilarious! Had me ROFLMAO!
While I won't say it didn't stretch the bounds of credulity a few times, ie, twice the wrong car is chosen by the H/H (really?) But, it was, light, funny, and really enjoyable to read.
Helen
Mar 24, 2013 Helen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book made me laugh so much! a cross between home alone and the hangover!! the storyline didn't have too much depth to it but it was hilarious nonetheless!!
Anthill
Jul 09, 2011 Anthill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, funny roadtrip with great h and H. I started reading this with no expectation but was pleasantly surprised by the humour. Loved.
Jeanette montgomery
A quick and easy read.

A great story, I laughed so much through this book.

I love Jill and Ethan and how they develop through the book.
Elisabeth Cole
Jan 04, 2013 Elisabeth Cole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh-out-loud funny as well as hot. The characters weren't as well developed as in other books by Shannon Stacey but still a great read!
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2014
Viv
Viv rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2011
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2012
Erinne
Erinne rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2013
Bobbie
Bobbie rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2015
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Liz
Liz rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2012
Gayla Glass
Very cute story! Kinda spicy!
Maria R.
Maria R. rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2014
Lou Anne
Lou Anne rated it did not like it
Sep 08, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2011
Melinda
Melinda rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Romance Readers R...: 2016-February Buddy Read- Twice Upon A Roadtrip 10 179 Feb 12, 2016 02:36PM
  • Subjugated (Politically Incorrect, #2)
  • It's Only Physical
  • To the Max
  • Carnal Sacrifice (Brides of Caralon, #3)
  • A Lady in Waiting (Oh, Yum!)
  • Baby, Don't Lose My Number (Fated, #2)
  • The Man in the Black Leather Mask
  • Three Reasons Why (The Madison Stories, #2)
  • The Sweetest Sin (Sin, #2)
  • Trouble in Cowboy Boots (Sequins, Saddles and Spurs, #1)
  • Tempting Mr. Parker
  • Silk Scarves and Seduction (Whipped Cream and Handcuffs, #2)
  • Just One Night
  • Seducing Santa
  • Getting Wound Up: A Sapphire Falls/Love Between the Bases novel-- PART ONE (Love Between the Bases #2.5)
  • Risque Business (Sleeping with the Boss Book 1)
  • Money Shot