Start by marking “Roughing It with Ryan” as Want to Read:
Roughing It with Ryan

Roughing It with Ryan (South Village Singles #1)

Published January 1st 2003 by Harlequin Temptation

To ask other readers questions about Roughing It with Ryan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roughing It with Ryan

Ana
Lately I've been trying a few of the older Jill Shalvis books. I love her Lucky Harbor series, and thought why not give them a chance. Some I like more than others, but mostly they are OK reads.

Suzanne has had quite an unfortunate history with men. She has 3 ex-fiancees, and she managed to mess up every single one of them. The last one cost her her job and her apartment. So now she's jobless, homeless and mostly broke. So the add: "Cheap! Cheap! Cheap!" for an apartment sound right about perfect
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
uh yeah, not Jill Shalvis' best
Courtney
this book was good but it's no Lucky Harbor. the thing about the LH series is that there is a whole community of crazy characters that flush out the story. and this series does have it's own cast of characters but not on the same scale that LH does. I did enjoy the friendship between Suzanne and Taylor. And I especially loved the relationships between Ryan and his siblings.
Caty
I love everything that comes out of Jill Shalvis' head. Nothing else to say.
jR
Dec 14, 2011 jR rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book introduces three strangers who become best of friends during the difficult part of their lives. Taylor is the one who holds their string of friendship together. And this book is Suzanne's story.

I really like the book because the stories is in a more realistic way. The characters are hot. Especially Ryan. I love how he set aside a part of his life just for his brothers and sisters. Being 25 and already has three mouths to feed when you are just starting your life is a lot to take in. But
Emmie
Synopsis:

Suzanne Carter has sworn off men...really! Her inability to take life seriously drives them crazy, so it's best she leaves them alone. Then one night, strong, handsome Ryan Alondo rescues her and she simply melts. Who could resist all that rough-and-tumble sexiness? But as tempting as he is, she's not going to fall for his charms. Because there's no way she wants to ruin a man this gorgeous.

Barb
Feb 10, 2016 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Suzanne Carter has sworn off men...
Really! Her inability to take life seriously drives them crazy, so it's best she leaves them alone. Then one night, strong, handsome Ryan Alondo rescues her and she simply melts. Who could resist all that rough-and-tumble sexiness? But as tempting as he is, she's not going to fall for his charms. Because there's no way she wants to ruin a man this gorgeous.
From the moment Ryan sets eyes on Suzanne, he knows she's the one for him. She's fun and sexy and exactly
Jessi
Suzanne Carter is in a pickle. Her third fiance has just become her third ex-fiance and kicked her out of their apartment. She is lucky enough to find a new apartment but a tree crashes into it on her first night (okay, it's just a branch, but still.) Luckily, hunky tree-man Ryan Alondo is on his way over to help out. Neither is in a place emotionally to have a long-term relationship (at least as far as they can tell). Ryan has just finished raising his sister and twin brothers and just wants to ...more
Jun 07, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was a short and easy read. I think Ryan might be one of my favorite Jill Shalvis characters ever! I loved everything about him and his family. Suzanna was a great character too. I really liked her character development, which is surprising because the book wasn't very long. I wonder if she will ever write a book about Russ or Rafe? :) Can't wait to read the rest of this series!
Daniell Marsh
Mar 23, 2016 Daniell Marsh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suzanne swears off men as she feels she drives them crazy. Ryan has a lot on his plate but he might be able to add one more thing, Suzanne. Well written story with tons of humor. Characters that you feel you could meet in real life. The author does a great job drawing you in to the story so much that you are sorry when you reach the end.
Neha
I usually love Jill Shalvis's book, especially the Lucky Harbour Series. But, this one was a little blah. Nothing interesting or different from the hundreds of Harlequin novels out there. The writing is very OK and the characters did not have any depth. I may not read the remaining books in the series.
Bri
Sep 11, 2011 Bri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
2.5 Read these out of order, as I didn't know they were a series. Didn't really effect it at all. This was better than #2, but still not great. Lots of back and forth and repeats in here...probably could have been half the length.
Lyndi
Feb 28, 2012 Lyndi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't think there was any 'roughing it' in this book...
Elizabeth
An early one from the now best selling author. It was fun, but trying to review it 6 months later – nothing memorable. Perhaps read it again some day. 3/5
Nancy
Jul 08, 2014 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful tree scene in this book. Retro review (I read it before the iPhone).
Hpitcher
Feb 05, 2012 Hpitcher rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not great. I'm usually a fan of Jill shalvis but nothing really seemed to happen. Kinda disappointing
Judy
Feb 06, 2013 Judy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Another series, although not as in-depth as some of her others. Still a fun read.
Nedjina Edmond
Tasha
Tasha rated it really liked it
May 20, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Curious Bear
Curious Bear rated it it was ok
May 19, 2014
Carlos
Carlos rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2010
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2014
Teressa
Teressa rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2011
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
May 22, 2010
Amanda Marousch
Amanda Marousch rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Sayuri_x
Sayuri_x rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2010
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Tabitha in the Moonlight
  • Dear Maggie
  • Light My Fire (The DeMarco Family, #4)
  • Kissing Santa Claus (Men of Hawaii #3)
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • Making Over Mr. Right (Goddess #3)
  • Second Chance at the Sugar Shack (Sugar Shack, #1)
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • The Duke Diaries (Royal Entourage, #3)
  • Take on Me (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #1)

Look for Jill's latest, SWEET LITTLE LIES on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

South Village Singles (4 books)
  • Tangling with Ty (South Village Singles, #2)
  • Messing with Mac (South Village Singles, #3)
  • The Street Where She Lives (South Village Singles, #4)