Start by marking “Creating Affluence: Wealth Consciousness in the Field of All Possibilities” as Want to Read:
Creating Affluence: Wealth Consciousness in the Field of All Possibilities

Creating Affluence: Wealth Consciousness in the Field of All Possibilities

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  1,055 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
One of the world's best-selling authors and the pioneering teacher of the benefits of mind body medicine focuses on America's number one health problem: coronary artery disease.
;;;;;;;; Millions of Americans suffer from coronary artery disease or have a loved one who does. Despite advances in conventional treatment, it remains the leading cause of death among American adul
Published August 30th 1993 by Amber-Allen Publ., New World Library (first published August 18th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Creating Affluence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Affluence

Emma M
Apr 26, 2008 Emma M rated it really liked it
Contrary to the connotation of affluence as just wealth/money this book really attempts to bring forth a consciousness/awareness of allowing all types of abundance in various areas of your life - Wealth being fulfillment, happiness, satisfaction balanced with the material world and goals. In some respects I found it a bit too short and concise on these principles... it's a bit too "easy" and light... but, in the same respect I find myself referring to this and other books by Deepak when I need t ...more
Carol
Mar 08, 2012 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a nice small book (a mere 104 pages), and it purports to be potentially life-changing.

Who is Deepak Chopra? He’s a guru of our times; he’s published tons of books; and he’s adored by countless thousands of people.

Why? I picked up this book at the local library to find out why.

Deepak wants us all to be rich! Rich in material wealth. Rich in physical health. Rich spiritually. And by absorbing the ideas in his book, we can achieve all this!

Isn’t it astounding? And to think, all that wisd
Heidi The Hippie Reader
This was ok but not Chopra's best. He talks about changing your mindset to realize the abundance that is already in your life and how to encourage more to come. I enjoyed his meditations on love more than this.
Paula
Dec 31, 2013 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author encourages us to read this book multiple times to really absorb its teachings. After a first read, I am definitely going to read this again. A great book to help set a positive tone for the new year, and the remaining years of ones life.

Many of us are accustomed to expecting and planning for scarcity in our lives - to ration our own energies and affluence as if they are finite. This then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy- If you are miserly, you will lead a life driven by depravatio
Srividhya R
This book lists out the A - Z steps for creating affluence. The word affluence here refers to every positive things in our life not only money. Each step is a passage which the author suggests the reader to read everyday till the concepts are inherited by the reader's mind.

The author also takes reference from his inspirations - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and Wayne Dyner. Here the reader need not take any effort to implement these principles in his life. The author suggests that simply reading it and
Lisa
My psychologist recommended this book. I like the idea that what we focus on creates our reality (it's true that I have to focus on writing to be a successful writer), but I was distracted by the fact that the last 10% of the book is just a list of other Deepak Chopra books, audio books, etc. I might want to spend my money on. No thanks.

Or maybe that's part of the lesson as well? Maybe we should all spend 10% of our time making it easy for other people to give us money.
Jay Cassie
Jul 13, 2014 Jay Cassie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read most of Deepak Chopra's books. They are always life affirming and give you a new perspective on life.

I learn something new about myself and I hope am becoming a better person. Note that the title says "a richer life". That does not always mean money and a life lived well is always richer.

I would recommend it to help guide you to a new way of thinking and approaching life in the future.
Timothy Cole
Read/Listened to the audiobook which is only an hour long. Opening comments and A-Z comments were interesting. The rest, micro-sub-particle-alchemy, was less so. In my mind this was a good reminder that our mind holds the key for opening doors to new realities and that money does not necessarily equal prosperity.
Stella
May 10, 2008 Stella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I purchased this book on CD 3 or 4 years ago. Every time I listen to it the concepts make more sense. It's amazing to me to ponder on the power of our thoughts to create measurable change in our experience. The more I've applied these principles in my life, the more magic and abundance have illuminated my reality.
ReadHowYouWant
Nov 18, 2009 ReadHowYouWant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
According to author Deepak Chopra, “Affluence includes money but is not just money. It is the abundance, the flow, the generosity of the universe, where every desire we have must come true, because inherent in having the desire are the mechanics for its fulfillment.” Creating Affluence has sold over 300,000 copies.
Susan
Mar 10, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be written in easy-enough-to-read Spanish that I was able to follow the gist of most of the parts that I read. It is easy to pick up and put down again because it is written in very short chapters, many of which correspond to letters of the alphabet, as in "A is for...."
Pamela Hamilton
Feb 15, 2016 Pamela Hamilton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say! Another great book. I will read this a few more times. Like all of these books of self empowerment one needs to read them over and over before the full message can penetrate. However, Mr. Chopra does a wonderful job of un-complicating it.

I enjoy his work!
Marypoppings
Jan 28, 2014 Marypoppings rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book for it FOUND ME at that perfect moment. Very easy to read and understand it's concepts. Deepak always knows how to write so beautifully and he knows how to take you into places i've never been before, and he knows how to paint really pretty imagery.
Vaishali
Aug 09, 2014 Vaishali rated it it was amazing
Wonderful. A bedside reminder you'll want to review again and again.
"Luminous beings are we, not this crude flesh " - Master Yoda
Bianca Javogue
Short and sweet, to be read and re-read as a reminder.
Sandra Gest
Okay--but just more of the same.. Want something different. I like Chopra though, never a waste of time, maybe I should read it a couple more time as the author stated.
Liz Filippone
Aug 22, 2008 Liz Filippone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the world
Recommended to Liz by: My school
A quick read to boost your mood. Something to be read at least once a month like the Four Agreements. If you don't want to read a full-on self-help book, read this. You'll get the inspiration.
Kari Phillips
Mar 19, 2008 Kari Phillips marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who are searching
Recommended to Kari by: Brother Cam
not yet read, but looking forward to it. Highly recommended by my brother at Christmas who demonstrates the power of the title of this book in an amazing way. Thanks Cam !
Kimberly Smith
This is a teeny little volume that was recommended to me by a friend who has money, so I ordered it on Amazon, and to be quite honest, the jury is still out. It's quite a fast simple read with principles for every letter of the alphabet.

The instructions in the book say to read the whole thing very quickly, then make it a part of your daily routine to read 5 pages a day to internalize the principles into your subconscious. That's why I'm undecided... it will take time to see manifestations of af
Tim
Jul 18, 2016 Tim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"...the right response comes...to every situation as it occurs."

Dictionary.com defines affluence as: "abundance of money, property, and other material goods; riches; wealth." But it's also "an abundant supply, as of thoughts or words; a profusion," and "a flowing toward; afflux."

While the title sounds like the worst kind of "think and grow rich" new age schlock, Deepak Chopra takes the idea of wealth beyond a bank account to mean a rich, meaningful life. He points out that even with millions in
Trixie Fontaine
I’m embarrassed by how much books like this one inspire, delight and soothe me. On flight home (part 1 from Detroit to Chicago) I focused on “T for Transcendence”, hoping to avoid a replay of the panic attack I had on the plane two weeks earlier. I wasn’t able to thoroughly transcend so instead I gave “T for Thanks” for the large quantity of pills (Valium, Xanax, and other assorted modern day “dolls”) we managed to inherit on our journey. After popping a couple of those I slept through the turbu ...more
Norena McMeel
I listen to this every 6 months
or so, as it really helps me keep my perspective clear and focused.
Jeannette
Oct 12, 2012 Jeannette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Very condensed book with quick recaps of topics- Quick read - recommended you read fully first then revisist about 5 pages daily to kind of drill and kill the practical insights we loose site of. Great principles with anyone who has a desire to do good - reminder to not loose site of key daily principles while working towards your goals.

Book not fab but good highlights of things you can remind yourself of on a daily basis.
Gregory
Aug 07, 2009 Gregory rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am all about creating prosperity and I believe whole-heartedly in the power of attraction - I live it abundantly on a daily basis. However this book seems to be reincarnated from material that has been hashed out over and over - but it wasn't written nearly as well as it was the first time.
I think Dr. Chopra has made some excellent contributions to the literature but to me this book felt like a throw away that would have never been published had it not had Dr. Chopra's name on it.
Waseem
Oct 25, 2013 Waseem rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very vague - condensed and kinda all over the place to his other works in my opinion. - hard to follow but because it's repetitive and kinda a rehash to his other already published work prior to thus - it's a good bite size reminder /... But that's pretty much about it

To Our Continued Success!
Waseem Mirza
Victor
Jul 21, 2016 Victor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy buen libro para reflexión. Te invita el autor a mejorar aspectos de tu vida con un trabajo diario y sencillo. Buena filosofía. El mismo autor te sugiere leerlo dos veces, y la segunda 3-5 páginas a la vez, lo que quedé invitado a hacer.
Trina
This is such a slim little book that it's easy to dismiss his writing here as trivial, yet upon further re-reading, I've decided there's much to be gleaned from someone so well versed in the spiritual world yet grounded by training in the physical/scientific world.
Brandon Dees
Nothing really original here. A brief overview of the law of attraction, following the child's book gimmick of alphabetical topics. I did pick up one idea that I hadn't really heard of or understood before, but ultimately regretted buying this one for $3.
ChaosInGa
Sep 27, 2016 ChaosInGa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listened to the audiobook. Felt a bit rush. Good reminder for those who know his work well.
Suzy
Mar 03, 2010 Suzy added it
Great book.
  • Learn to Meditate: A Practical Guide to Self-Discovery and Fulfillment
  • The Tao of Abundance: Eight Ancient Principles for Living Abundantly in the 21st Century
  • Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches
  • Creative Visualization Meditations
  • 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Societies and Hidden History: The Ultimate A-Z of Ancient Mysteries, Lost Civilizations and Forgotten Wisdom
  • Dare to Win
  • Toltec Prophecies of don Miguel Ruiz
  • Life's Companion: Journal Writing as a Spiritual Quest
  • Transparency: How Leaders Create a Culture of Candor
  • The Four Purposes of Life: Finding Meaning and Direction in a Changing World
  • Unleash the Warrior Within: Develop the Focus, Discipline, Confidence and Courage You Need to Achieve Unlimited Goals
  • Minding the Body, Mending the Mind
  • Life Visioning: A Four-Stage Evolutionary Journey to Live as Divine Love
  • Chop Wood, Carry Water
  • Religions
  • Earth Medicine: Ancestor's Ways of Harmony for Many Moons
  • A Pocket Style Manual
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both
More about Deepak Chopra...

“The presence of GOD is everywhere, you have only to embrace it with your attention” 3 likes
“When we seek money, or a good relationship, or a great job, what we are really seeking is happiness. The mistake we make is not going for happiness first. If we did, everything else would follow.” 0 likes