Start by marking “All The Possibilities” as Want to Read:
All The Possibilities

All The Possibilities (The MacGregors #3)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  2,800 Ratings  ·  81 Reviews
There could be nothing between Shelby Campbell and Senator Alan MacGregor. Alan's father had said a MacGregor would as soon have a badger in the house as a Campbell. Shelby's response was that given the family's idea of housekeeping, a badger wouldn't be that unusual. But the long-standing feud couldn't stop the attraction.

Nothing was going to keep Alan from getting what h
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition #247, 250 pages
Published July 1st 1985 by Silhouette (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about All The Possibilities, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All The Possibilities

Aurian Booklover
A typical Nora Roberts book; I really enjoyed the heroine Shelby. She is an artist, lives as she pleases and refuses to be bored. Her father was a Senator, running for President, when he was murdered in front of his children. Shelby adored her father, she was only eleven, but she was determined to live life to the fullest, and never marry a politician. She would not risk that kind of heartbreak again. Nor would she be molded to be a polished politician’s wife.
But when she met Alan MacGregor, an
Srisurang
Nov 24, 2009 Srisurang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
ชอบมากกวาเลมแรกและเลมสองในชุดนีคะ
ทังอลัน และ เชลบี นารักมาก ชอบรายละเอียดของฉาก นิสัยตัวละคร บทสนทนาคมคาย
ของขวัญแตละอยางที อลัน มอบให เชลบี นารักแบบชางคิดจริงๆ และเธอกใหของขวัญทีมีความหมายกลับคืนเขาเชนกัน
เรืองสันๆ แตประทับใจ
แปลกทีหนังสือบางเลม อานแลวไมรูสึกวา รูจัก หรือรักตัวละคร เพราะวาลักษณะนิสัยความเปนตัวตนมันไมเดนชัด แตเรืองนี ชัดมากๆ อาจเปนเพราะเราพอจำ อลัน จากสองเลมแรกได แตเชลบีเปนตัวละครใหม ซึง นอรา กเขียนไดดีมาก และชัดเจน
Rosana Maia
Dec 22, 2016 Rosana Maia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-read
É já certo e sabido que Nora Roberts não é uma autora a seguir por todo o tipo de leitores. No entanto, para leitores como eu, são livros que de certa forma nos permitem relaxar sem qualquer tipo de pressão associada. Na maioria das vezes sabemos exactamente o que nos espera. E esta obra não é excepção.

"Todas as possibilidades" é o terceiro livro da série "Os MacGreggor", facto que só descobri depois de pegar nele! Mas, como seria de esperar, é um livro que se lê de forma independente dos seus a
Dana Burda
Romanul scriitoarei Nora Roberts a aparut in limba romana cu titlul " Posibilitati nenumarate" publicat de editura Litera in colectia " Carti romantice". Face parte din romanele inchinate familiei MacGregor. Acum i-a venit randul celui mai mare dintre fratii MacGregor, Alan, senator cu perspective de a candida la presendintie dupa inca un numar de ani, respectat in mediile politice dar si in saloanele la fel de politice ale Washingtonului sa si traiasca propria lui poveste de dragoste. Trecut de ...more
Pang
4.5 Stars..

I want to read the book that the Hero is the Politician for long time. I love Alan. He is intelligent and witty. Denial MacGregor, Alan's Father is the most Fantastic!! He is so clever and witty. Shelby, the Heroine, she is strong and intelligent, so perfect for being MacGregor's daughter-in-love. The Dialogue is Great!! It's Sharp, especially the Auguring between Denial and Shelby. It made me WOW wow WOW, then laugh out loud! lol! I LOVE the Playing Card scene, as well! this scene is
HÜLYA
Jul 08, 2012 HÜLYA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The MacGregors Ailesinin tiryakisi oldum ben..Şu ana kadar en beğendiğim hikayee bu oldu..Hele Alan MacGregor kişiliği kararlılığı ile tam da karizmatik ne istediğini bilen bir erkek modeli idi..
Shelby Camppbell o da bir İskoçyalı ama Klanı farklı biri ötekinin topraklarını almış:)) Ama asıl derdi Shelby'nin başka babasıda Alan gibi siyasetçi imiş ama kızının gözlerinin önünde bir suikast sonucu öldürüldüğünde Shelby on yaşında..Ömür boyu sürecek bir travmaya sebep olan bu olay yüzünden Shelby A
María José
Jun 01, 2016 María José rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un clásico de Nora Roberts, puro romance en el que la protagonista me resulta perfecta. Hasta el momento el mejor de esta serie...
Milica's Bookshelf
Očaravajuća, lagana priča. Zaista sam uživala u još jednoj priči o MekGregorovima. Volim što se u svakoj narednoj priči pojavljuju i likovi iz prethodnih delova.
Nihawmi
3,5
Seride ki en sevdiğimaha da bu kitap ve çifttir.
Seriyi sevdim aslında ama sanki ansızın Macgregor-overdose olmuş olabilirim.
Döncem ben sana beybi.
Deranged Dreamer
Jun 05, 2016 Deranged Dreamer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best one so far.
Lydia Perversius
Feb 12, 2013 Lydia Perversius rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-macgregors
George Bernard Shaw once said: "The possibilities are numerous once we decide to act and not react." . In the third book of the MacGregor series, this is pretty much the hidden and often implied moral.

Alan MacGregor, Daniel's firstborn, is the only child of his that hasn't found his sweetheart yet. His career as a Senator is a success, and he has a very promising path to presidency ahead of him, should he decide to tread that way. Marriage is not something he cares for, at least not until his so
Maria Lucia Seidl De Moura
A typical Nora Roberts book. I liked Shelby, the female main character.
Catherine Iriarte
Nov 09, 2016 Catherine Iriarte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hilarious story between a MacGregor & a Campbell.
sakura_txell
Mar 26, 2015 sakura_txell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cruth
Dec 13, 2015 Cruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, library
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1985
Length: 186 pages
Setting: Contemporary. Washington.
Sex: Very 80s euphemistic. Frequent.
Hero: Senator.
Heroine: Potter.

Heavily relationship driven romance. Easy read, nothing startling or challenging, just a well-written light romance.

The MacGregors:
Book 0.5 Rebellion (1988) Serena MacGregor and Brigham Langston (set in 1745)
Book 0.6 (novella) In From The Cold (1986) - Alanna Flynn and Ian MacGregor (set in American Revolution)
Book 1 Playing The Odds (1985)
Carole
Jun 29, 2016 Carole rated it it was amazing
Anna
Aug 14, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My Summary:

Senator Alan MacGergor is more likely to have a blond slick and smooth women on his arm who has great manners and such, so what is he doing with Shelby Campbell - A women with wild, flaming hair, had animals as roommates, and owns a pottery shop? As Alan finds himself falling in love with this wild women, she tries not to fall to the charm of the dashing Senator. Though Alan will have nothing, not even his work stand in his way to have Shelby, fall in love with with him. Plus it wo
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Mendapatkan satu keranjang strawberry yang terbaik dari seorang pengemar, benar2 menyenangkan, dan itu yang dirasakan Shelby ketika dia mendapat satu keranjang strawberry yang dikirim Alan. Dan gara2 membaca buku ini saya menjadi tergila2 pada strawberry yang berwarna merah, bintik2, yang besar2 dan manis2 asam rasanya.
Shelby adalah wanita yang unik,memiliki boneka babi dengan nama macgregor, menjalani hidupnya sebagai pengrajin keramik dan pengusaha dengan membuka toko yang menjual keramik buat
Justine
I admit to reading this almost by accident....and yes, the image of accidentally reading a book is humorous, but...I thought I was opening one book on my Kindle, & it turned out to be this one, instead. I would classify this as a happy reading accident, though. I always enjoy Nora Roberts, and I find it more than agreeable to occasionally go back to her earlier beginnings, too. Her MacGregor books have become almost "required reading" for Roberts fans, but I somehow managed to slip by them, ...more
Mariana Bezerra
Feb 17, 2012 Mariana Bezerra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
My Thoughts:

This was a fun book. Alan MacGregor sounds more rigid than his brother Caine but since he needed to charm Shelby, and she’s nothing like I expected for him, taking in consideration he’s going to try be president.

Shelby knows all about politics since her father was a president but since he was murdered in front off her and she never really tried to accept to have feelings and lose those people too.

So this book is all about Shelby fighting her love with the wrong person, she swore neve
Vicki Adderholdt
This was a wonderful romance. Alan MacGregor is an up and coming young politician in D.C. Shelby Campbell is a free spirit with wild red hair and engaging personality. These 2 exact opposites meet at a D.C. political party. It's love at first sight. Alan is smitten and pursues her and she tries not to allow her feelings for him to accept him. She does not want a politician for a boyfriend or husband.
At first Alan doesn't understand her reluctance then a mutual friend tells him about the death of
Apr 17, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing the theme of the MacGregors, again.
This time, time for Alan and Shelby.
Alan is a senator, on the fast track to being president. Totally not related, but I'd vote for him if he was running right now.
Anyways, he runs into Shelby Campbell. MacGregors and Campbells do not get along, supposedly, but they seem to be just fine ;)
Shelby is from a political family. Her father was a senator before he was murdered. He was murdered in front of Shelby, and her brother Grant, a reclusive artist.
She
D-wee
pertama baca novel ini duluuu sekali jaman masih kuliah, salah satu novel NR yang paling sering re-read :))
kalo ga salah ini adlh novel ke3 dari Mcgregors series, diantara 3 anak Daniel Mcgregor ak plg suka Alan hero di novel ini!! suka banget karakter yang tenang tapi menghanyutkan, bertentangan dengan karakter faveku biasanya yg cenderung bad boy n agk rake gitu :D

di novel ini chemistry Alan n shelby dapet banget, karakter alan n shelby yg sangat bertentangan bikin plot cerita jd tambah menar
Jen
Jun 17, 2015 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Shelby Campbell, an eccentric artist watched her father get assassinated on the presidential campaign trail, and vowed that she wouldn't become involved with politicians, but Alan MacGregor has other plans. One glimpse of Shelby is all it takes for Alan to lose his heart.

Falling in love is easy for both of them, but Alan has a harder time convincing Shelby to marry him knowing that he has presidential aspirations. Losing her father sparked a fear in Shelby that is hard to overcome, but loving Al
Jacqueline
Oct 12, 2015 Jacqueline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another really enjoyable book in the MacGregor series this time it's Alan's book who much to his father Daniels disgust falls for a Campbell. Not only is she a Campbell she won't marry his son is this girl right in the head? Shelby is the daughter of a man who when he was running for President was shot and killed in front of his children and now she is running scared.
Rebekah
Dec 09, 2015 Rebekah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-challenge
hmmm.. I cannot for the life of me remember anything amazing about this one. An average read that I rated but didn't review that I may need to add to my to-read pile.
Alayne
Jun 15, 2016 Alayne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, another light-weight easy to read romance. Very much a formalaic plotline, but still a fun read. Also quite disturbing in the way the sex scenes play out as verging on rape or sexual assault, and the reinforcement of the stereotype that a woman's "No" really means "Yes". I know she published these in the 80s but from my memory no still meant no even then.
Милена Божинова
I want to read the book that the Hero is the Politician for long time. I love Alan. He is intelligent and witty. Denial MacGregor, Alan's Father is the most Fantastic!! He is so clever and witty. Shelby, the Heroine, she is strong and intelligent, so perfect for being MacGregor's daughter-in-love. You will love this story.
Althéa
Jun 19, 2014 Althéa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not one of Nora Roberts' best. A bland read. It felt as if she wasn't even trying to make something memorable (in a good way). Everything was too fast with too many loose ends. Moreover, I usually love the leading man in her novels. But not in this one. MacGregor is a manipulative asshole and Shelby's just plain weak-willed and gullible.
Lisa
Jul 11, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I love you, Nora, and I have to remind myself that the 80s were a different time. The heroine clearly tells the hero "no" on multiple occasions, but he just steamrolls right over her objections and continues to take her out, fall in love with her, seduce her. At one point, he has a "flash of anger" over her physically pulling away from him. For serious?
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Romancing the Stone
  • Wildest Hearts
  • Hunter's Moon
  • Dante's Honor-Bound Husband (The Dante Legacy, #8)
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • The Man She Loves To Hate (The Eligible Bachelors, #1)
  • The Essential Writings of Machiavelli
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Two Trains Running
  • Wanton (PI & Men to the Rescue, #2)
  • อกเกือบหักแอบรักคุณสามี (My Hasband in Law)
  • The Mimic Men
  • The Trophy Husband
  • Heartbreaker (Kell Sabin, #3)
  • Crisis and Command: A History of Executive Power from George Washington to George W. Bush
  • A History of Zionism
  • Tempted
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

The MacGregors (9 books)
  • Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
  • One Man's Art (The MacGregors, #4)
  • For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
  • The MacGregor Brides (MacGregors, #6)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The MacGregor Grooms (MacGregors, #8)
  • The Perfect Neighbor (The MacGregors, #9)

“Only the young think they know anything about wisdom.” 2 likes