Lure of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #2)

Lure of the Wicked (Dark Mission #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  264 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Naomi West was plucked from one prison and placed undercover in another: the gilded cage that is Timeless, New Seattle’s premier spa and resort, where owner Phinneas Clarke—the most seductive man Naomi has ever met—may be hiding a killer. She’s an agent of the Holy Order, trained to hunt the guilty and render justice.

But while she’s tracking down a rogue agent on a killing...more
Published June 28th 2011 by Avon (first published June 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lure of the Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lure of the Wicked

Paranormal Haven
Naomi West is a Missionary with the Holy Order. She has been sent by the order to a posh spa, to find Carson, a rouge Missionary, and kill him. She finds a lot more than a simple mission.

Naomi is sent on an undercover assassin mission to kill a bad agent. She doesn’t like giving up her many piercings and not so nice clothes, to go undercover as an heiress. The first thing that bothered me, but seems beside the point is her many piercings. I don’t have a problem with them personally. I just thoug...more
Beth Dawkins

La La
Naomi West, a missionary with the Church of the Holy Order, is sent undercover to a psoh spa to eliminate a rogue missionary bent on killing. There she meets Phin, owner and operator of the Spa, who has dangerous secrets of his own.

So far this is my favorite of the series. The characters in this book were more fleshed out than in book one or three. There was some things that annoyed me about some of the plot in this story which I will discuss further, but I thought Naomi was one of the strongest...more
Michelle
Lure of the Wicked is the second book in the Dark Mission series by Karina Cooper and a Paranormal Romance from AVON.

Blurb:

Naomi West was plucked from one prison and placed undercover in another: the gilded cage that is Timeless, New Seattle's premier spa and resort, where owner Phinneas Clarke - the most seductive man Naomi has ever met - may be hiding a killer.

She's an agent of the Holy Order, trained to hunt the guilty and render justice. But while she's tracking down a rogue agent on a kill...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
The magic is back with this latest installment of Karina Cooper's Dark Mission series. And by the time I got to the end of Lure of the Wicked, I was every bit as enthralled in Cooper's dark and creative world as I was in Before the Witches . That's a mighty compliment, because I loved that novella.

The book begins with a missionary, Naomi, on an undercover job to capture a rouge agent. She is assuming the role of a rich society woman at a posh spa. But almost right away, things get more complicat...more
Robin Priddy
Neiomi West in one of the top witch hunters in New Seattle. When she was a small child her parents divorced. Her mother did not want her so she stayed with her father. A few months after the divorce was final her father killed his self. He left everything he had to he ex-wife and put Neiomi in the church orphanage. Now she works for the church as a witch hunter. The church has sent Neiomi undercover to a spa. Timeless is New Seattle's premier spa and resort. They cater to the uber rich and power...more
Michelle  novelsontherun
BOOK REVIEW by Michelle 8TH JANUARY 2013:

RATING: 4.25 FINE PHINNEAS STARS with a DASH OF SILAS!!!

I am really enjoying this Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance series. Karina kept me entertained with peeling the layers back on Naomi West aka Naomi Ishikawa , the kickass, tough as nails missionary from Blood Of The Wicked.

In Blood Of The Wicked, Naomi is a killer who doesn’t ask questions first, she shoots first. She completely belongs to the Churches way of thinking and their mission to kill all w...more
Michelle
I’m a little behind so I’m only on book two even though I’ve got book three at home and ready to read. I’ve found that Karina Cooper is a fresh voice in the romantic/urban fantasy genre. Because her books are so original and different from my normal reading it takes some pages for my brain to switch on and engage with her characters and setting. The first Dark Mission book took me about 100 pages, for Lure of the Wicked it took me only about 30 pages. After I become engaged with the story tellin...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Sadly I went into Lure of the Wicked with very low expectations. I didn’t like Naomi in Blood of the Wicked. I didn’t believe that there was anything about her that could possibly change my opinion of her. I was correct with this assumption. In the end I still do not like Naomi. I liked the fact that she is tough and full of bad assery. I loved the fact that readers were given a glimpse into her past. It definitely explained her. It also gave some explanation as to how she became a missionary.

P...more
Kristin  (MyBookishWays Reviews)
You may also read my review here: http://www.mybookishways.com/2011/07/...

I really enjoyed Blood of the Wicked (Dark Mission #1) so I couldn’t wait to dive into Lure of the Wicked. Lure of the Wicked is Naomi West’s story and follows her as she takes an assignment in an exclusive spa in New Seattle called Timeless. Strange things have been happening at Timeless, people are dying, and Naomi must track down a rogue agent with blood on his hands. When Naomi meets the owner, Phin Clarke, she realiz...more
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Lines: “He kissed her like a man drowning, in desperate need of air. He feasted on the full, lush curve of her lips as if he starved. He wasn’t rough, he didn’t force her, but, God, he didn’t have to.” (p. 110, e-galley)

Lure of the Wicked is book two in Karina Cooper’s Dark Mission series. It takes place in a world where witchcraft is feared. I read the short novella Before the Witches which set up the world, but I missed the first book in the series Blood of the Wicked. I was able to r...more
Novels On The Run
BOOK REVIEW by Michelle 8TH JANUARY 2013:

RATING: 4.25 FINE PHINNEAS STARS with a DASH OF SILAS!!!

Mistress of the Dark Path
2.5 Stars

This book left me torn as to how to rate it. I really enjoyed its predecessor, Blood of the Wicked, and had high hopes for the next in the series. Unfortunately, it didn't quite live up to my expectations. Lure of the Wicked begins three months after events of the previous novel with one character who was introduced before, Naomi West, and one new character, Phineas Clark. Phin runs a spa and resort with his family. Naomi goes there undercover to hunt down a rogue missionary who is beli...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
originally posted at http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Most people would be thrilled to be a part of a fancy spa. Especially when the spa is not coming out of their own pocket money-wise. But not Naomi. In fact, she'd almost have to say that's a worse fate than prison itself. It's part of her job, though, and she can't really refuse. So this not so ladylike woman gets all dolled up and enters the world of luxury and rich people. Totally not her thing!

Naomi is the kind of woman you don't w...more
Nicole
Originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/06/30/...

Publisher: Avon
Publish Date: Out Now
How I got this book: NetGalley

When I first read Cooper’s Before the Witches (Review here), her short novella that introduces us to the world she created in the Dark Mission series, I thought I would be hooked. I really enjoyed the way she set up the world, and everything sounded so intriguing…

Well I missed the first full length novel in the series, Blood of the Wicked, and picked up Lure of the Wi...more
Alison
OK, I have totally read these books out of order but this is definitely my favourite.

I enjoyed the prequel, book 1 was quite good but I really couldn't see the connection - much preferred the prequel characters.

Close to detested the fourth book - the alpha male was a total tool and the female character's feelings and actions didn't gel with the way she was described.

So, why on earth did I go on to read this one? Well other people rated the series highly so I bit the bullet.

Whew what a relief, Ph...more
Mary
Carla
Nothing ground breaking, but a nice paranormal romance with a bad-ass female lead. The supporting characters were good, especially the mothers. I found the some of the action scenes a bit disorientating and hard to follow though.
Denise
Definite improvement from her first book. The chemistry between Naiomi and Phin was incredible! It was easy to fall in love with his mothers. There were several incredibly hot scenes! When things started happening at Timeless, I had trouble putting the book down. I was even happy that Silas made an appearance later in the book. I was getting worried towards the end (won't say any more - don't want to spoil anything). My one gripe, which is just my opinion, is that I wanted a fairy tale ending. W...more
x0unerthanlater

I pretty much really f*cking love this book! I thought the first of the series was amazing, but this was definitely right there too. I like the whole new world thats created. The plot, characters, and storyline really weaves together well. Its suspense, love, and hotness all bundled in a book. If you like erotic romance, some fantasy & a kickass heroine don't wait, read this now! 4.5/5 - Yours truly.
Lisa M
Maybe more like 3 1/2 stars. I liked Blood of the Wicked better. I didn't care for the character of Naomi West when she was introduced in Blood, and not much changed when she became the heroine in Lure. I still didn't care for her too much. (view spoiler)
Britt Marczak
First off, I LOVE Naomi.

I love her attitude, I love her character, I love her actions. I could understand where some readers don't understand her or really don't like her, but I connected to her. I loved the real warrior she was, and I loved the dynamics between her and Phin. Naomi really stole this book for me, and I'm glad for it.

I enjoyed Lure of the Wicked much more than Blood of the Wicked, and am hooked back into the series.
Linda
Naomi is a missionary with the New World Order sent to take out a rogue missionary at an upscale spa. She was not there to fall in love with Phin, the owner of the spa. There's witches, magic, hot sex, lots of action... I enjoyed this installment though not quite as much as Blood of the Wicked, the 1st installment in this series. (I would have rated this one 3 1/2 stars) I'm looking forward to reading the 3rd installment in this series.
Hbeebti
This was pretty good. I think it was better than the first. More emotions going on which for me is a plus. Still don't really like Naomi though. There was just something about her. Maybe it was her trying so hard to be a hard ass and unemotional. It just became annoying. Loved Phin though. Gotta love the guy who chases after this nut job. lol.. Overall pretty good book and I can see where this author is going with this series.
Katie Clifford
Quick read and added much needed relaxation to my reading list while having suspense. Really enjoyed all the characters. It's part of the Dark Mission Novels. The downfall is that each book is with a different set of characters all involved in the same plot. So if you fall in love with one they might have a very small roll in the next book.
Kathleen
2.5 stars...maybe. It passed the time, had enjoyable moments, steamy scenes (these were why possible extra 1/2 star) and that's about it. I'm not sure I get the extended plot of this series. I don't have a clear understanding of who the bad guys are.... And after 2 books I don't know that I care.
Katie
Predictable.

This is your basic romance novel.
Forbidden love....check
one character will not admit they are in love...check
lots of sex...check
fairly predictable plot/story line..check

All that said, not a bad read, just fun fluff.

Michelle the Romance Witch
pretty good story... i give it a 3.5. Dark, passionate, and twisting this was definitely worth the read. Still working to get used to the Way Ms. Cooper works her plot twists and forces changes on her characters but it just takes time sometime :)
Stoli
Really liking this series, each book has dealt with a different set of characters within the same group. Premise...post-disaster Seattle, Church missionaries vs. witches; lots of fight action and sex. Will pick up the next one!
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
Really didn't like Naomi and thought that Phin was weak. I didn't find the "romance" believable and the declaration of love ringed false to me. I would have bought a purely physical relationship but anything beyond that, no.
  • Chaos Burning (Bound by Magick, #2)
  • Visions of Skyfire (Awakening, #2)
  • Hunter's Fall (The Hunters, #13)
  • King of the Damned (League of Guardians, #2)
  • The Lost (Sin Hunters, #3)
  • Crave The Moon (Nightcreature, #11)
  • Rush of Pleasure (Primal Instinct, #8)
  • Abandon the Night (Envy Chronicles, #3)
  • Fallen Angel
  • Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4)
  • Drawn Into Darkness (Soul Gatherer, #1)
  • My Dangerous Pleasure (My Immortals #4)
  • In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot, #2)
  • Warrior Betrayed (Sons of the Zodiac, #3)
  • Daybreak (Dark Age Dawning, #3)
  • Embraced by Blood (Sweetblood, #2)
  • Bedeviled (Dark Breed #2)
  • Master of Shadows (Mageverse, #8)
After writing happily ever afters for all of her friends in school, Karina Cooper eventually grew up (sort of), went to work in the real world (kind of), where she decided that making stuff up was way more fun (true!). She is the author of dark and sexy paranormal romance, steampunk urban fantasy, and writes across multiple genres with mad glee.

One part glamour, one part dork and all imagination,...more
More about Karina Cooper...
Blood of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #1) Tarnished (The St. Croix Chronicles, #1) Gilded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #2) All Things Wicked (Dark Mission #3) Before the Witches (Dark Mission 0.5)