Start by marking “The Every Year Collection” as Want to Read:
The Every Year Collection

The Every Year Collection

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  25 reviews
A wonderful collection of Cecelia’s short stories
As the smell of pinecones and cinnamon fill the air and the plump turkey roasts in the oven, the final preparations for Christmas day have begun just as they do every year.

The tree lights are twinkling and the mince pies are cooked and there is just one final tradition to carry out before the Christmas magic can begin. This
Audiobook
Published October 14th 2010 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Every Year Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Every Year Collection

Michelle Green
I'm a massive celia fan, but her short stories are always quite odd and in the nicest possible way a bit pointless...I never seem to get where she's coming from. Always enjoy her big stories more :)
Jade
Otherwise known as The Cheesy or Depressing Collection!

After quite a long and heavy read previously, and having stress-filled work days with small snippets of breaks ahead, I really looked forward to some light, easy-going Ahern short stories. I was all ready to feel good about the world, enjoy some comical bites giving me great, small bursts of escapism.

Sorry Cecelia, but this collection is pretty bad. It ranged from cringe-worthy cheesiness to down right depressing. Before the end I started to
Petra Miocic

Djetinjstva su rezervirana za bajke. Pa ih, kad odrastemo, kao više ne trebamo. Ili u njih ne vjerujemo. Osobito radi li se o pričama čija se čarolija proteže na tek nekoliko stranica. U djetinstvu se također, mnogo više no u odrasloj dobi, oslanjamo na svoju obitelj, u njoj tražimo podršku, zaklon i sigurnost. Odrastajući i ta potreba postaje sve manja i slabija. Ili mi bar tako mislimo. Zajedništvo i zaklon nam prestaju biti potrebni ili i u njih prestaj
Juliet
While some people might find these short stories depressing and weird, I like how the feeling for love, family and friendship were depicted through these weird scenarios.

My favorites were 24minutes & Table for Two. Both were very thought provoking. It shows how time and tiny gestures could changed your life forever.

This is a great book for those who are emotional and loves to think over a subject. Not for those who dislike fantasy and stories out of the box.
Original Doll (Lea Martinuš)
Magical, sad but inspirative stories about love, time and relationships.
I think "Girl in a mirror" would make awesome book.
Andrea
I'm so sorry to say this, because I adore Cecelia Ahern. But I'm not so thrilled about writing a review for those short novels. I'm not saying it was bad just saying when I saw the book for the first time I had bigger expectations.
Lucy
It was a bad book. With almost no imagination. The stories were so dull and just too weird. They are not good in any way and I cannot tell what she wanted to say with any of them.
Mita
I was apprehensive about it only being available in an audiobook form but I listened to it while doing a few things on my computer and I found that I rather enjoyed it.

The stories were short enough for me to pause and continue when I needed to step out of the room, and they were light enough for me to enjoy while doing other things. What I intended to be a short listen of one or two chapters ended up being listening to the entire book.

The narrator read it clearly, and the Irish accent added th
Amanda
It was OK, nothing extraordinary. Positive point was the book was short stories so you were able to dip in and out of stories.
Jessica
Perhaps it was because I had lower expectations, but I found this thoughtful, touching, and heartbreaking.
Nowheregirl
transformations like these make me believe that maybe what they show in movies are true...that maybe when people fall and hit their head ( or someone hit their head) they completely lose it? Seriously? what the fuck??????
Hil
Quick and easy read with some good short stories with poignant themes - if anything it's a bit depressing and sombre. The story about Mr & Mrs Mallard made me cry! :(
Aisyah Roslan
I've always loved Cecelia's work but this is just so depressing. I have to say that I'm not a fan of this. Maybe short stories just doesnt suit me.
Say Lee
Depressing and colorless. Absolutely not the kind of stories I expected to read when I first picked up this book.
Kathy Chung
what happened? usually the books from this author are the happy sort. but this book is full of sadness.
Sara
Not the biggest fan of short stories, thought this would be good plane reading though... it wasnt
Joyce Laceda
Sorry, I'm not into this kind of books anymore. I need a long rest from Ahern.
Belén Torres
I love the way Ahern narrates and how her stories can touch your soul.
Melanie Isik
I really like Cecelia's books but I found this very depressing.
Meaghan C
Love love loved this collection of short stories!
Beti Tedeško
Amazing. I adore Cecilia Ahern's writing style.
Raneem
next stop:table for two is still my fav
Bruna Vraničić Vujević
It was magical as all Cecelias books!
Nickolai
Dull and depressing.
Jean Quiambao
Jean Quiambao marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Lala Pangilinan
Lala Pangilinan marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
  • Santa Maybe
  • No Dress Rehearsal
  • The Garden Party and Other Stories
  • The Collectors
  • Hidden Treasures
  • The Undercover Cook
  • Me & D*ck: It's Not What You Know, It's Who You...
  • Midsummer Magic
  • My Last Blind Date (Better Date than Never, #3)
  • Christmas Magic
  • The Naughty List
  • Ladies' Night at  Finbar's Hotel
  • The Twelve Sacred Traditions of Magnificent Mothers-In-Law
  • Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
Cecelia Ahern was born on September 30, 1981 in Dublin, Ireland. She is the daughter of the former Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern. On 14th December 2009 it was announced that Cecelia had given birth to her first child with partner David Keoghan, a girl named Robin. She was secretly married on 11 June 2010 in County Kildare, Ireland. Her older sister, Georgina Ahern is married to Nicky Byrne of Irish ...more
More about Cecelia Ahern...
P.S. I Love You Love, Rosie Thanks for the Memories If You Could See Me Now The Book of Tomorrow