Start by marking “Tall, Dark and Devastating: Harvard's Education and Hawken's Heart” as Want to Read:
Tall, Dark and Devastating: Harvard's Education and Hawken's Heart

Tall, Dark and Devastating: Harvard's Education and Hawken's Heart (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #5-6)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  494 ratings  ·  20 reviews
"Harvard's Education"

Senior Chief "Harvard" Becker believes that there's no room for women in a combat zone. It's too dangerous, too tough...and with P.J. involved, too distracting. He might respect her intellect and shooting abilities, but he doesn't want the responsibility of making sure she stays alive. But P.J. isn't a woman who backs down easily, and to her mind, Harv...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Tall, Dark and Devastating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tall, Dark and Devastating

Buggy
Opening Line: "This was wrong. It was all wrong."

This is a fun, sexy, exciting series with larger then life Navy SEAL heroes, capable of anything it seems except falling in love easily. TD and Devastating contains books 5 & 6 from Brockmann’s Tall Dark and Dangerous series which is being re-released as 2-in-1’s with way better covers.

Using proper military jargon Brockman gives us delicious alpha-male heroes and just the right amount of action, suspense and sweet romance to keep you coming...more
Anita Fleming
Harvard's Education In my quest to read all of the Tall, Dark & Dangerous books within a short span of time, this was a reread for me. I always expect great thing from Suzanne Brockmann and she rarely disappoints. In reading through the series, this book is #5, I have noticed that some of the characters have similarities with some characters from the Troubleshooter series. One really striking similarity is between P.J. and Alyssa Locke.

P.J. is a balls to the wall, black woman who is out to...more
Evolet Yvaine
First, men in uniform? Mmmm-mmm good.

Second, Navy SEALs in particular? “I’ll take Hunks on Sticks for $200, Alex.”

Third, *raises hand in a fist*, much props to all the men, women and “children” now serving in the military. And I say children sarcastically because they really are getting them young these days.

Fourth, *raises hand in fist again*, much props to the women who are married to these droolworthy men. That’s got to be some hard shit, but you are some lucky bitches!

HARVARD'S EDUCATION: A...more
PepsiGirl
There are two stories here, Harvard's Education *** 1/2 stars. This was so sweet, Harvard (aka Daryl Becker) Navy SEAL Alpha man is brought to his knees by little ole 5 1/2 ft P.J. Richards, a FINCOM agent he meets during training exercises. The mutual attraction is hard to ignore, but both of them try to keep it light until dire situations put them into each others arms.

Hawken's Heart **** 1/2 This story starts off with an assassination attempt on Admiral Jake Robinson. Things go from bad to wo...more
So, 3 starts for Harvard's Education and 5 for Hawken's Heart. I'm glad SB has re-released these SEAL team 10 books from the late 90s. With the new covers, they really don't seem too dated (except for the occasional use of a pager/lack of cell phones). I've already enjoyed her Troubleshooters series, so I've slowly making my way through these. Each one is very unique, with memorable characters and refreshing plot lines. Harvard's book was a little slow to start, and it took longer to feel the em...more
Tasha
Havard's Education and Hawken's Heart

P.J. is exactly what I needed at this point in my life. She is a women in an all male job and not only that, she's good, one of the best at what she does. I really enjoyed seeing how she handled herself and the situations she found herself in. I also appreciated Harvard and his honesty with her and the situation. I think I'll take a few notes before I send this one back to the library. I may find myself in need of her wisdom.

The story of Crash and Nell is pai...more
upthetrellis McCreery
I'm taking a reader's advisory class and this is required reading. It's the first romance book that I've read since I was ten and I used to read the western romances that my grandparents kept in their spare bedroom. I'm lucky enough to have the audiobook read by a friend of mine and all I can say about it is that I burned more calories listening to it at the gym than I do listening to whatever melancholy pop music shows up on the ishuffle.
Lindsey
#5-6 of Tall, Dark & Dangerous series! #5 is Harvard's Education & #6 is Hawken's Heart

My favorite military series so far!! I read these books so fast and had to keep going to the book store to buy the next one because I just couldn't wait to read it. Lots of suspense and romance!
Miccilina Piraino
These two books are going to be in my permanent collection, someone dear to my heart is named HAWKEN, so I just could not resist falling for him and the rest of the characters in these two stories, wonderful, engaging, suspenseful and entertaining. Loved them.
Wendy
This is good for an easy, summer book to bring to the beach. Warning: It is full of fairy-tale fantasy romance that will make cynics cringe, but it has enough substance in the SEALS subject matter to make it interesting.
Alaina
This review is for Hawken's Heart as u reviewed the other separately. I was not a fan of this one at first, but, ended up caring just as much for these characters as the others in this series.
ms bookjunkie
Harvard's Education is not my favorite Suz Brockmann book. Harvard needs a smack -or five- on the head. 2.5 stars
Hawken's Heart has much more satisfying suspense and emotional connection. 3.5 stars
Marla

I think I have now finished this series of books. Read them all out of order but enjoyed all of them. They are kind of fluff reading but sometimes that is just what you need.
Jill
Brockmann's plotline is great and so are her secondary characters with their own books in some cases like Blue and Lucy McCoy and the Admiral. So overall this book gets 5 stars from me.
Journeywoman
Enjoyed this one. I liked seeing the beginnings of the Troubleshooters--albiet different characters in these books.
Kathleen
this one was pretty good, but i definitely prefer her 'troubleshooters' series over these
Alyssa  *Tyrahnny*
Harvard's Education : 3 star

Hawken's Heart : 5 star
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Tall, Dark and Dangerous
Abby Fick
That really hit the spot.
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Alathia Morgan
Alathia Morgan marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Guardian (Dark Ops, #5)
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • Night Shadow (T-FLAC, #14)
  • Shattered Valor (Red Team, #2)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc...more
More about Suzanne Brockmann...
The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3) Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4) Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)