Start by marking “Return to Daemon Hall: Evil Roots” as Want to Read:
Return to Daemon Hall: Evil Roots

Return to Daemon Hall: Evil Roots

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A year has passed since that fateful night in Daemon Hall’s house of horrors. Bestselling macabre author Ian Tremblin decides to hold another writer’s contest but this time in the safety of his own home. Tremblin is excited to share with contestants a very old book he has recently acquired that once belonged to Rudolph Daemon, the millionaire builder of Daemon Hall who lat ...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Daemon Hall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Daemon Hall

Emma
Though it qualifies as a horror book this book is not as scary as I thought it would be. At least not for me. But that doesn't mean that this book wasn't good. In fact, it was almost as good as the first one and that's saying something because Daemon Hall is one of my favorite books to read. In fact, I got the first book in 2009 and have read it every year since. Naturally, when I found the second one I was excited and hoped that it would be great. Fortunately, I wasn't disappointed.
While the f
Eden
The previous year Wade and four others were the finalists in the writing contest held by the well-known horror author, Ian Tremblin. The contest was held in the supposedly haunted Daemon Hall. They found out it was haunted, and dangerous.

A year has passed and Ian Tremblin wants to hold another contest, but this time it will be in the safety of his own home. Wade and Demarius were asked by Ian Tremblin to come back as judges of the three finalists for this contest.

They feel they have nothing to w
Sherri
A fitting sequel to Daemon Hall, however, it was very similar...with the teens telling stories in between horrific happenings that increased in ghoulishness as the night(s) progressed. However, this book does not really have a true ending and is ripe for the third book in what must be a series.
Joann
Even creepier than book 1. Can't wait for it to hit the bookstores!!!
Deanna Wilson
Sue
May 03, 2012 Sue rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Ian Tremblin hosted a writer's contest last year and it didn't go well. At all. This is the second book in the series and he's trying it again. But instead of having the writing contest in a mansion with a bad history he is going to host it in his home. Nothing scary about that, right? Well, things don't really go as planned.

This book stands alone. There are enough references to what went on the first book that you can start with this one, as I did. It's suspenseful but isn't terrifying, filled
Amanda
not as good as the first book but it was definitely a good read. I just didn't like the ending and hope there is a third book
Bethany
I hate horror stories (my imagination scares me quite enough without any extra inspiration), but I found myself surprisingly unaffected by this. Maybe teens would find the stories more terrifying?
Rhiannon
Great!! I wonder if there'll be a third! That would be awesome, but just drawing out the series, a bit.
Chicken Wings
I think this book is really good because it is scary and really interesting and thrilling
Rose
Honestly I didn't think andrew nance could write a book that was this creepy.
Michael Lanzett
Omg! Im still shocked at the ending !
Cody Kratzer
Cody Kratzer marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Emma
Emma added it
Feb 19, 2015
tes
tes added it
Feb 15, 2015
Salem Stewart
Salem Stewart marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Brandon Benjamin
Brandon Benjamin marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Haaley Lawley
Haaley Lawley marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Cassandra Brittany
Cassandra Brittany marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Victoria Fuller
Victoria Fuller marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Yasmin
Yasmin is currently reading it
Nov 19, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Return of Skeleton Man
  • The Ghost Road (The Haunting of Derek Stone, Book 4)
  • The Haunting
  • Spirits of the Noh (The Waking, #2)
  • Haunted Waters
  • Darkness Creeping: Twenty Twisted Tales
  • Devil's Footsteps
  • Nightmare Hour: Time for Terror
  • Sweet Miss Honeywell's Revenge: A Ghost Story
  • The Spook's Bestiary (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles)
  • Ghosthunters and the Incredibly Revolting Ghost (Ghosthunters, #1)
  • Silver