Return to Daemon Hall: Evil Roots

Return to Daemon Hall: Evil Roots

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A year has passed since that fateful night in Daemon Hall’s house of horrors. Bestselling macabre author Ian Tremblin decides to hold another writer’s contest but this time in the safety of his own home. Tremblin is excited to share with contestants a very old book he has recently acquired that once belonged to Rudolph Daemon, the millionaire builder of Daemon Hall who lat...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Daemon Hall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Daemon Hall

Emma
Though it qualifies as a horror book this book is not as scary as I thought it would be. At least not for me. But that doesn't mean that this book wasn't good. In fact, it was almost as good as the first one and that's saying something because Daemon Hall is one of my favorite books to read. In fact, I got the first book in 2009 and have read it every year since. Naturally, when I found the second one I was excited and hoped that it would be great. Fortunately, I wasn't disappointed.
While the f...more
Sherri
A fitting sequel to Daemon Hall, however, it was very similar...with the teens telling stories in between horrific happenings that increased in ghoulishness as the night(s) progressed. However, this book does not really have a true ending and is ripe for the third book in what must be a series.
Joann
Even creepier than book 1. Can't wait for it to hit the bookstores!!!
Sue
May 03, 2012 Sue rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Ian Tremblin hosted a writer's contest last year and it didn't go well. At all. This is the second book in the series and he's trying it again. But instead of having the writing contest in a mansion with a bad history he is going to host it in his home. Nothing scary about that, right? Well, things don't really go as planned.

This book stands alone. There are enough references to what went on the first book that you can start with this one, as I did. It's suspenseful but isn't terrifying, filled...more
Bethany
I hate horror stories (my imagination scares me quite enough without any extra inspiration), but I found myself surprisingly unaffected by this. Maybe teens would find the stories more terrifying?
Rhiannon
Great!! I wonder if there'll be a third! That would be awesome, but just drawing out the series, a bit.
Eric Freeck
I think this book is really good because it is scary and really interesting and thrilling
Elizabeth
Honestly I didn't think andrew nance could write a book that was this creepy.
Michael Lanzett
Omg! Im still shocked at the ending !
Lix
Lix marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Angela Stark
Angela Stark marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Elenelletzin Balleza
Elenelletzin Balleza marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Lissa Wells
Lissa Wells marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Aubrey
Aubrey added it
Aug 07, 2014
Patricia Amarante
Patricia Amarante marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Lea
Lea added it
Jun 25, 2014
Seth Stapleton
Seth Stapleton marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014