Start by marking “Reaper's Justice (Shadow Reapers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reaper's Justice (Shadow Reapers, #1)

Reaper's Justice (Shadow Reapers #1)

An exciting new paranormal historical romance series set in post- Civil War America.

When the War Between the States came to its end, the battle inside Isaiah Jones raged on. Neither fully human nor fully wolf, he found his peace-and the passion his inner wolf craved-with Adelaide Cameron. Though their union was forbidden by the werewolf soldiers, Isaiah satisfied his u
Published (first published February 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Reaper's Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaper's Justice

Elsie
May 29, 2011 Elsie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely could not finish this book. There was so much descriptive monolog in between spoken blurbs that I continuously lost track of everything and all content. So bad was it, I absolutely convinced myself that I am developing Alzheimer's.
April
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. I was pleasantly surprised with this historical, kind of read. Most of the world building is great, there are several vague spots that make me think it is connected to another series or that there was a prequel I did not know about. I was able to follow, just felt there were holes in the overall background.

Addy is kind of awesome! I love her spunk and sassy attitude. She has been through some trials and tribulations, but she comes out stronger. She is
Tina
Sensuality: 3 out of 5

I have been pretty disappointed with Sarah's writing in the Shadow Wranglers the last couple of stories. While I liked them they just were not great like her werewolve anthologies or her Ellora's Cave books. So when I saw this at the book store I just had to get to see if this would be as good as the werewolf anthologies that she wrote.

I must say I loved this world and characters much better than the Shadow Wranglers. Isaiah is so sweet and dominant at the same time and Add
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Oct 15, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance
This is a werewolf romance of the best kind. As a matter of fact, it is a romance of the best kind. I am not quite sure what kept me from giving it five stars, but it was certainly a solid four-and-a-half. For those who know the author writes in several sub-genres, this book would fall into the category of hot romance rather than erotic romance. Safe for all but the most timid among us.

I really liked the plot, the setting, the theme, and the characters. The heroine is one with mental health issu
Cynthia
Feb 09, 2011 Cynthia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Readers
I really, really like this new series. A story about a growly, beastly alpha who finds his mate. Well, of course there is more than that and it is so much fun getting there. I didn't want to put this down once I picked it up and those pages kept on turning.

Ms. McCarty gives us a new world of Reapers who were designed for one purpose only - to kill - by "them" and "they", but she doesn't give too many details; which can be a bit aggravating at times. I'm hoping we might see a more of "them" and "
Laura V.
Me encanta esta autora, pero que manera de no contar nada. Es una trama interesante, pero no te suelta un dato relevante ni aunque su vida dependiera de ello.
Aún así, me gustó un poco. Me faltaron explicaciones, pero se lee.
Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 Book Binge rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Sarah McCarty is one of those authors who writes about everything and all that I have read is good. I have read some of her Western historicals and so I was delighted to have the opportunity to read and review the first book in this paranormal series.

The characters in this novel are gritty and edgy and as such make an impression on the reader right from the first. Isaiah Jones is a wolf-shifter and angry about that. He calls his inner wolf "beast" and barely manages to live with his duality, ang
Bookaholics
Jan 26, 2011 Bookaholics rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reaper’s Justice by Sarah McCarty
Paranormal Romance -Feb. 1st, 2011
4 stars

Reaper’s Justice is the 1st in the Reapers series. A new paranormal western about men who were changed against their will into werewolves. These men struggle with the ‘animal’ inside them that hungers to break free, which leads them to live apart from others and alone.

Isaiah Jones is a Reaper, a werewolf used during the end of the Civil War. He was kidnapped, injected and tortured. He lives alone and has no memories of his
Jackie
As this easy paced, smooth flowing story unfolded so did my enjoyment of the way in which Addy managed to overcome a lifetime of Isaiah pulling back from allowing himself to connect with anyone. The first peace that he has known is a gift she gives him without even knowing it and he treasures those brief moments as a treasure richer than gold or diamonds.

This was not a new take on alpha male/fragile female romance but it was a pleasant foray into the paranormal romance genre that I thoroughly en
Misfit
Feb 05, 2011 Misfit marked it as no-thank-you  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harriet-loved-it
Another day, another genre from Harriet, "an exciting post Civil War werewolf romance"

:D
Gail Hagans
I was very disappointed by this book. Poorly written.
Lexus
Jun 19, 2017 Lexus rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars
hello there
Mar 22, 2017 hello there rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF/TSTL FL.

Rape is tolerable but dirt is not. Ridiculous FL.
Good M characters so far.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 3 Reaper Stars ~

This is my first experience reading author Sarah McCarty as well as my first experience with a historical paranormal romance. I’m not quite sure how I feel about Reaper’s Justice . It’s got wolf shifter’s, cowboy’s and the old west. Things I enjoy reading about.

Isaiah, a Reaper, is sweet and dominant, he has a brutal past, has trouble coming to terms with the wolf inside him, but is protective of one women that has calmed his inner best.

Addy is strong yet has some issues, w
Kalynn
Jun 29, 2011 Kalynn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"When civilized people prepared food, they probably used different utensils than the ones used for killing people."
Issiah Jones, Shadow Reaper

That quote is my single favorite line in the book, and while I have problems with the story, Sarah MCCarty's sense of humor is a welcome relief in a book whose plot has very high melodrama potential. The story is that werewolf assassin Issiah becomes enraged when Adelaide Cameron, the woman he has long adored from afar is kidnapped. She is no stranger to p
Darcy
I wasn't too sure what to expect from this book, it is set right after the Civil War and there are werewolves, who knew where it could go.

The story dealt with Isaiah, who is a Reaper, but we aren't sure what that is. Turns out it is a werewolf. Isaiah's background and how he became a Reaper is murky. He is at odds with his beast and thinks that he needs to keep away from people and this is what he does until he comes upon Adelaide. For reasons he doesn't know, for a year he paces around her hou
Robbie Thornton
This book was good but not great. I can see some potential for the rest of the proposed series, however. She gives a good premise behind the special gifts the hero has, and she clearly introduces another "Reaper" character, Blade/Billings, who I'm sure will feature in a later book. Unfortunately for this book, Blade is more interesting than our hero. The heroine, Adelaide, is pretty standard stock for "old west" heroines. She's plucky and thinks that her menfolk want to control her life. Against ...more
Judith
Jun 29, 2011 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 out of 5. Another stellar writing fete by Sarah McCarty!! Set in the years after the Civil War and referring to wolf-shifters as "reapers," this tale involves a hero who is angry with the circumstances which were foisted upon him at an early age and which have made him a monster, and wanting so desperately to feel human and to experience the range of experiences that make all of us human. He has been guarding Adelaide for over a year as he has been drawn to her strength, orderliness, cleanli ...more
Taria Reed
I liked the book but I didn't LOVE it and my world wouldn't end if I didn't listen to book 2. I liked Isaiah and Addy well enough, but I didn't feel all warm and fuzzy when they were together. I did get annoyed that at one point they BOTH were feeling a bit unstable and had their realities waiver before their eyes. I did wish they told us more about Addy's past, like (view spoiler) ...more
Ceola
Sep 25, 2014 Ceola rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-audio
The premise of this book reminded me a lot of Moira Rogers,
Bloodhounds. Engineered men manufactured to fight in the wars.
Able to turn into beasts. Or have the temperament of a beast until it finds love.
This one takes place after the civil war. Theses people are called reapers.
Isiah has been watching addy for a year now. She'd been kidnapped by Indians when she was young. Rescued by her cousins, she's now Grown up. To maintain her sanity she has developed routines. 9pm every night she has a cup o
GONZA
Mar 20, 2014 GONZA rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book has been a real disappointment for me, loyal reader of McCarty's books, no plot, " dialogue, story not credible even if incredible as every paranormal romance. I will not read even the second book because another series it is not worth the effort when these are the premises and also that I'd love her to come back to write the Hell's eight.... I liked them so much!

Questo libro é stata una vera delusione per me, affezionata lettrice della McCarty da parecchio, niente trama, dialoghi piet
Linda
Mar 20, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone over 18 that love Paranormal.
Recommended to Linda by: Yahoo group
Shelves: paperback, march-2014
OH MY GOD!! This is a Paranormal Historical Romance book with a lot of HEAT by Sarah McCarty and the FIRST in the series.. The 2nd one in this series just came out and I will be leaving a review on that one too..

All I can tell you is that if you like HOT paranormal historical romance books this is for YOU!! OH BTW it's about Werewolves!! ;-)

Here is the write-up on Amazon:
Cristina
Sarah McCarty is an old favorite author of mine. It's true some of her books are hit or miss but, like with other authors, I like to give them a try.
That being said, "Reaper's Justice" is the first book in the series. The beginning could be a little confusing and the middle and probably...the end as well. I didn't like this book At all.
I often found myself questioning actions in this book. Why is he doing that? Where did that come from? How did that happened?
Nope, sorry.
On the other side, th
Vicki Adderholdt
This was an unusual setting for a story of werewolves Civil War America. They were abducted in their teens all boys and changed by beatings, drugs, torture. They were broken and turned in to assassins.
they could kill without mercy any man, woman or child they were sent to kill. Then they rebelled and won their freedom kinda.

Isaiah Jones saved Adelaide Cameron and all kinds of thing changed for good and not so good.
Addy has been rescued by her cousins after being taken by Indians She has all kind
Reba Dom
Did I miss a book before this? Because this really didn't feel like the first in a series. I kept feeling like there was information I was missing that was pertinent to these reapers. The relationship between the two main characters was good but it went from nothing to 'together forever'. Just felt rushed to me. Having said all that, the action was non-stop, the story line was good, and the non-main characters added a lot of interest to the story. Definitely worth reading more in the series.
Amanda
Jun 27, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Everything I have read by Ms. McCarty I have enjoyed. I love Hell's Eight and I am enjoying the stories of the Wranglers. With that in mind I thought I'd adore Reaper's Justice. Truth be told I didn't dislike it I stayed up until 1am reading the book. I liked it but it wasn't on par with the other books that I have read by McCarty. I was honestly more intrigued by secondary characters (Cole and Reese) than I was by the main characters. I will probably pick up a second book in the Reaper's series ...more
Luz Al Saud
Feb 09, 2017 Luz Al Saud rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I could not finish this book
Christy Stewart
McCarty wrote an outline for a solid novel, got punched in the head a few times, then sat down to write it before the room stopped spinning.

It honestly reads like that.

Everything here is great but it is presented in such a distracted and inconsistent way it's almost impossible to read.

I will take a look at the next book because if McCarty get's herself figured out it could be a great series.
Michele Powers
Jun 19, 2011 Michele Powers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite Sarah McCarty book. Very creative. The Reapers remind a little of Wolverine from X Men, a man made "werewolf" made for fighting. No adamantian claws though. Bummer. :) The heroine ends up becoming a Reaper too and in the end they fight together. I liked that. My only gripe is that I think her character fell in love with him and accepted that he bit her and changed her into a Reaper much too easily. Small quible. Good book.!
Carmen Gonzalez
The read was ok, I just don't really like historical romances or back-in-the-day types. It was well written and I didn't get bored reading, there wasn't a lot of non-sense in it. The whole werewolf concept was interesting, it made them seem more like a scientific experiment than something supernatural. The character also has a very hard time controlling the "beast" as he called it. I basically enjoyed the book, I just didn't love it.
  • Zeke (Devils on Horseback, #3)
  • Ruthless Heart (Heart, #1)
  • Tempt Not the Cat
  • Isaiah's Haven (Legacy, #2)
  • Quincy's Woman (Eclipse Heat, #1)
  • Honor Bound (Bound and Tied, #1)
  • Lone Star Lycan (High Plains Shifters, #2)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • Kade (Armed and Dangerous #4)
  • Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)
  • Blood Wicked (Blood, #4)
  • Assassin's Heart (Order of the Sicari, #2)
  • Primal Heat
  • Hunter's Need (Hunters, #12)
  • Utter Domination
(1)romance author

Sarah has traveled extensively throughout her life, living in other cultures, sometimes in areas where electricity was a concept awaiting fruition and a book was an extreme luxury. While she could easily adjust to the lack of electricity, living without the comfort of a good book was intolerable
More about Sarah McCarty...

Shadow Reapers (2 books)
  • Reaper's Vow (Shadow Reapers, #2)