Start by marking “S.H.A.P.E.: Finding and Fulfilling Your Unique Purpose for Life” as Want to Read:
S.H.A.P.E.: Finding and Fulfilling Your Unique Purpose for Life

S.H.A.P.E.: Finding and Fulfilling Your Unique Purpose for Life

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Illustrated with real-life stories, this inspiring and deeply insightful book guides you through a series of challenges that will help you uncover your God-given S.H.A.P.E.---your unique blend of Spiritual Gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, and Experiences---and apply it in ways that bring confidence, freedom, clarity, and significance.
Published August 22nd 2006 by Zondervan (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about S.H.A.P.E., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about S.H.A.P.E.

Tami
Every single person on this earth was born for a particular reason. Each of us has a particular job to do while we are on this earth. Our unique personality, abilities, and life experiences were specifically chosen to support and guide each of us towards this unique life purpose.

S.H.A.P.E.: Finding & Fulfilling Your Unique Purpose for Life helps the reader pinpoint his or her own life direction. As this book is written from a Christian perspective, the life purposes center around how indivi
Neville Ridley-smith
This is a book that requires work - at times it can be rather daunting, presenting multiple questions at a time, which could each take half an hour to really answer thoroughly.

The introduction was initially off-putting – it’s a bit fluffy for me but may be fine for others – I found my mind switching off with the repetition and vague, hand-wavy American feel. Fortunately the rest of the book didn’t suffer from this.

Compared to the Bible study guide, the parts of this book feel more integrated – t
Josh Mccoy
S.H.A.P.E. is a truly great book. Its one of those books you can tell was written by a true expert who has put his ideas into practice for years. His principles are tried, true, and they work - for everyone. I would highly recommend this book's material but I really think it would be better to go through this by using the group material they have with a group of friends. Here's why...

There is so much in this book. While the first half of the book was pretty easy to do on my own, answering questi
Sherry
It's hard to evaluate a self-help motivational book until you've seen the benefit in your own life. This book was hard to stick with as far as doing the homework part of it. Some of it is not geared towards certain personality types - it's a high energy, high relationship book, so if you're not that type of person it's hard to follow through on all of the assignments. I gave up about halfway through with the homework part. I did take quite a few things away from this book - the best way to serve ...more
Don Kauffman
This was a good book if you want to further develop your S.H.A.P.E. from "Purpose Driven Life." Anyone beginning their Christian walk should be mentored through this book. I'm excited to develop environments that allow people to discover their S.H.A.P.E.
Lydia Cordova
Mar 08, 2013 Lydia Cordova added it
Recommends it for: everybody
Recommended to Lydia by: UCM
Tim Chavel
Erik Rees does an excellent job explaining how to find the S.H.A.P.E. that God made you. The letters in S.H.A.P.E. stand for: S-Spiritual Gifts; H-Heart; A-Abilities; P-Personality; E-Experiences. Eric is a staff member at Rick Warren's Saddleback Church. The church uses this concept to help their members find the ministry that best fits their S.H.A.P.E. Erik shares many good helps in the book to help the reader discover the way God created him. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who i ...more
Dan
Took the Shape class at my church and got the book afterward. I found the book to be too repetitive even if I hadn't taken the class. I had a hard time sticking through it and eventually gave up halfway through.

The concept is great, but finding your gifts and executing them can be explained 1/4 the words. Maybe we are just a generation of blog readers I just couldn't make it with this book
For the long hail. I do appreciate the self discovery I did make with its help and know where to go next to
Anita Reyna
May 14, 2014 Anita Reyna is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I got my book today! Let the discovery begin. :)
Juan Flores Zuñiga
This book was a real helper to grasp the purpose driven process in the CLASS program, specially class 301 on how to discover your ministry. I[d met Erik while he was pastor of ministry and lead a small group who did missions in Costa Rica with our team. Deep thinker, sort of introvert, that fully develop the concept and tool of how to discover your spiritual SHAPE. Highly recommend this book if your are in the process of determining your calling and ministry.
Steve Penner
We will be using this book and it's dvd and study guide counterparts in a fall campaign at the Weiser Community Church. The book is based on Rick Warren's teachings about how God has designed and formed us to serve His (God's not Warren's for all you scoffers) Kingdom. It is simple and straightforward and will make for good preaching (I hope) and good small group discussion.
Heather Campbell
Sep 19, 2008 Heather Campbell rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Recommended to Heather by: Russell Ali
I did this study with my work bible study group. It was a wonderful journey and I discovered so much in this. I highly recommend it - if you have read Purpose Driven Life, this is a wonderful follow up!
Mandy
At first it was great but as i read it, it became more and more of a chore and more of a workbook than a regular book which is fine but just kinda lost my interest...
Andy Mitchell
Before digging into personality types and spiritual gifts, read this book for a conceptual overview and framework to understand these issues.
Matt Adams
This book is the how to book for people who want to live out their purpose and passion in life.
Darrin Niday
a really good study, helped narrow down some potential areas to concentrate on.
Trent
Useful for anyone trying to discover their strengths and spiritual gifts.
Melissa
Read about half and was bored to tears. No new information here.
Ugonna
Dec 17, 2008 Ugonna marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This book looks great so far, I just need to finish it.
Lonnie Sanders
Lonnie Sanders marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Chip
Chip marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Emma F. Clites
Emma F. Clites marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Charlotte Coller
Charlotte Coller marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
  • Missional Renaissance: Changing the Scorecard for the Church
  • Church Unique: How Missional Leaders Cast Vision, Capture Culture, and Create Movement
  • Breakout Churches: Discover How to Make the Leap
  • Right Here, Right Now: Everyday Mission for Everyday People
  • His Princess: Love Letters from Your King
  • The Relationship Principles of Jesus
  • The Complete Book of Discipleship: On Being and Making Followers of Christ
  • Not Your Parents' Offering Plate: A New Vision for Financial Stewardship
  • لكل مزاج علاج
  • The Green Beauty Guide: Your Essential Resource to Organic and Natural Skin Care, Hair Care, Makeup, and Fragrances
  • Activate: An Entirely New Approach to Small Groups
  • Praying God's Word Day by Day
  • Read the Bible for Life: Your Guide to Understanding and Living God's Word
  • The Contested Plains: Indians, Goldseekers, and the Rush to Colorado
  • 10 Things Jesus Never Said: And Why You Should Stop Believing Them
  • The Think Orange: Imagine the Impact When Church and Family Collide...
  • Transforming Discipleship: Making Disciples a Few at a Time
  • Moment Maker: You Can Live Your Life or It Will Live You
Never Ever Give Up: The Inspiring Story of Jessie and Her JoyJars Only You Can Be You: 21 Days to Making Your Life Count Tilt: Small Shifts In Leadership That Make A Big Difference High Achievers: Glorifying God with Your Life! Congratulations... You're Gifted!: Discovering Your God-Given Shape to Make a Difference in the World

“أذا كنا نحيا دون ان نكتشف تفردنا فإننا لا نحيا بالفعل
أعتقد أن قلب الله ينكسر عندما لا يدرك أولاده الطاقة التى وضعها فى داخلهم”
3 likes
“لا يهم إذا كانت حياتك لم تصل بعد إالى القطعة الفنية الرائعة التى يريدها الله. فالفن العظيم يحتاج وقتاً” 2 likes