Start by marking “The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook, Volume I: More Than 1,700 Crowd-Pleasing Recipes from 500 American Inns” as Want to Read:

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The best crowd-pleasing recipes from widely acclaimed country inns and bed and breakfasts in the United States are collected in this unique cookbook and travel guide. Includes over 500 inns and more than 1,700 recipes from every state.
Published August 1st 1987 by Thomas Nelson

Be the first to ask a question about The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook, Volume I

Stephanie
I am a breakfast addict...I could eat "breakfast" all hours of the days and it probably does end up being my most favorite meal of the day. So, I like to try out breakfast oriented recipes out and this is probably my best "breakfast" cookbook on my cookbook shelves. I have not enjoyed every single recipe I have tried in this book, but it has been more based on my taste preferences than the recipes themselves. And hey, nothing wrong with trying new things and seeing what works for you and what do ...more
Yaaresse
Some of the recipes are a little dated now. (Let's be kind and call them "retro.") Still, if you're looking for a good variety of fairly simple breakfast and brunch recipes, there's plenty here and that are quite good. I can't speak for the dinner items as I've not made any of those, but this book has my go-to recipes for quick breads, muffins and breakfast potluck dishes.
Lynda
Generally not simple recipes. However covers a wide range of ingredients and styles so there is something in this book for everyone.
Mike
Some clunkers and some oddities, but a go-to for random baking or if you're looking for something a little out and interesting.
John'alee
My all time go-to book for recipes throughout the last 20 years. Excellent because they are true and tried recipes.
Christine Di Paulo
This is my most favorite cookbook. I've used it so much the cover has come off.
Claire
A classic that I use frequently, especially for baked goods!
Lisa Sellers
one of my favorite cookbooks
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Angie McKaig
Angie McKaig marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Carrie Felker
Carrie Felker marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Nov 06, 2013
Kathryn Bechen
Kathryn Bechen marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Leaann
Leaann marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Rachel
Rachel added it
Feb 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook, Volume II Best Recipes from American Country Inns and Bed & Breakfasts: More Than 1,500 Mouthwatering Recipes from 340 of America's Favorite Inns The All New Diabetic Cookbook: A Complete Guide to Easy Meal Preparation and Enjoyable Eating for Healthy Living Best Recipes from American Country Inns and Bed & Breakfasts The All-New Diabetic Cookbook