Start by marking “The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook, Volume I: More Than 1,700 Crowd-Pleasing Recipes from 500 American Inns” as Want to Read:

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The best crowd-pleasing recipes from widely acclaimed country inns and bed and breakfasts in the United States are collected in this unique cookbook and travel guide. Includes over 500 inns and more than 1,700 recipes from every state.
Published August 1st 1987 by Thomas Nelson

Be the first to ask a question about The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook, Volume I

Stephanie
Jun 03, 2008 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
I am a breakfast addict...I could eat "breakfast" all hours of the days and it probably does end up being my most favorite meal of the day. So, I like to try out breakfast oriented recipes out and this is probably my best "breakfast" cookbook on my cookbook shelves. I have not enjoyed every single recipe I have tried in this book, but it has been more based on my taste preferences than the recipes themselves. And hey, nothing wrong with trying new things and seeing what works for you and what do ...more
Yaaresse
Some of the recipes are a little dated now. (Let's be kind and call them "retro.") Still, if you're looking for a good variety of fairly simple breakfast and brunch recipes, there's plenty here and that are quite good. I can't speak for the dinner items as I've not made any of those, but this book has my go-to recipes for quick breads, muffins and breakfast potluck dishes.
Lynda
Jun 08, 2009 Lynda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Generally not simple recipes. However covers a wide range of ingredients and styles so there is something in this book for everyone.
Mike
Sep 26, 2007 Mike rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Some clunkers and some oddities, but a go-to for random baking or if you're looking for something a little out and interesting.
John'alee
Nov 29, 2011 John'alee rated it it was amazing
My all time go-to book for recipes throughout the last 20 years. Excellent because they are true and tried recipes.
Christine Di Paulo
Jan 18, 2011 Christine Di Paulo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This is my most favorite cookbook. I've used it so much the cover has come off.
Claire
Feb 11, 2010 Claire rated it it was amazing
A classic that I use frequently, especially for baked goods!
Lisa Sellers
Aug 27, 2014 Lisa Sellers rated it it was amazing
one of my favorite cookbooks
Anna M Andrews
Anna M Andrews rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Alex Albright
Alex Albright rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Kei
Kei rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
David Grimes
David Grimes marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Eileen Murray
Eileen Murray marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Sylwia
Sylwia rated it liked it
May 07, 2015
D.
D. marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Tracy
Tracy added it
Apr 10, 2015
Matt Wire
Matt Wire rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Marianne
Marianne rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2014
John Garver
John Garver rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Angie McKaig
Angie McKaig marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Carrie Felker
Carrie Felker marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Robin A. Peterson
Robin A. Peterson rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Jessie
Jessie added it
Jul 01, 2014
Fredrickson Jolene
Fredrickson Jolene rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014