Start by marking “Bound to a Warrior” as Want to Read:
Bound to a Warrior

Bound to a Warrior (The Warrior King #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  875 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Bound to a Warrior is the first book in Donna Fletcher’s thrilling new series featuring four brave Highland warriors who are determined to return the legendary king of Scotland to his throne. Fletcher captures all the magic and passion of the wild Scottish Highlands in this sexy and exciting historical romance, the story of a proud, brave lass whose heart is imperiled when ...more
Published August 31st 2010 by HarperCollins e-books (first published August 18th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bound to a Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound to a Warrior

Zoe
Mar 19, 2016 Zoe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very quick read, mostly painless. I have tried to read this book before and couldn't get pass the 3rd chapter. But this time I managed to stay interested. Maybe it is the 2 stars books I have read this week. In comparison this book seems a lot easier to get through.

Duncan and Mercy are easy to like as main characters. Duncan belonged to a special warrior groups and one of them was the true king of Scotland. He was a honorable kind of man. No mistreating his woman here. Mercy was also
Ivana Azap
Jan 30, 2016 Ivana Azap rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this author. Amazing author, really great at how she writes her books.
Duncan and Mercy. Duncan, gets caught by the king's soldiers and finds himself chained to her side.
I enjoined this book very much, I loved that they were shackled together, and thought that it was a great way to start the book. I loved this story from beginning to end, from hero to heroine and every secondary character in between.

Scotland Highlands 1005
A Seer's Prophecy
When summer touches winter and the snow descends
Cherie
Sep 01, 2014 Cherie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Donna Fletcher is one of my favorite highlander authors. Real characters making real decisions and not acting like idiots while pretending to be alphas. Thank you Donna!

This is the first story of the four warriors and it begins with Duncan and Mercy shackled to each other. It is pages and pages of positive interaction with none of the silly drama that is often used to stretch out a story. This is my second time through and though I know who the true king is I'm totally engrossed in the story aga
Erin
"He surprised himself when without forethought, he slipped his arm around her waist and drew her up against him, settling his mouth close to hers. "Love ," He whispered "Love lasts forever."

This is the first installment of 'The Warrior King' series by Donna Fletcher.
Duncan MacAlpin and Mercy find themselves chained together after getting captured by the king's soldiers,they escape and go on a whirlwind adventure for freedom(FOR SCOTLANDDDD!) and ultimately love.

Duncan is one of the Four warrio
Elle
Oct 02, 2011 Elle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a four-star story that lost one because of the numerous logic issues. For a good part of the story, the hero is shackled to the heroine, but there are all kinds of things going on that would require all kinds of contortions which are never satisfactorily discussed or explained. For example, they dress and undress several times. There are a couple references to the obvious problems, but, for example, at one point the hero and his mother get the still-shackled heroine into a nightgown, wi ...more
Kay Cochran
Mar 26, 2013 Kay Cochran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super fun romance. Almost elegant in its smut content. Fun dialogue, charming plot-line. Just one easy, breezy read.

If you're buying this book, however, you'll want to shell out the dough and just purchase the other three books in the series; unless you enjoy cliffhanging plot-lines, you won't be satisfied with this part one's ending.
Nicole
Sep 06, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scotland
Donna Fletcher - Bound to a Highland Warrior Love Love Love Donna Fletcher!! Always a must read Author!

Duncan & Mercy,
Loved the plot, setting & characters. Love the dynamics of the McAlpin brothers. Teasing, funloving, serious, caring, loving, just great clan to be around.
Love Mara the mommy, perfect personality for all those rough boys in her house.

Duncan is sweet, chivalrous, caring, nurturing, protective, prowess, valour, honorable and oh so delicious. Love how he always thinks of Mer
Lisa
Oct 20, 2010 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. The humor between the characters came off as real. Something like the way my parents interacted with each other. I cannot wait for the next book in the series. Wish I could find a target date for its release.
Linda Young
Dec 08, 2010 Linda Young rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great read. I loved it. It has all the eliments you want. Laughter, mystery, romance, and historical eliments that always make a story that more interesting. I'm looking forward to reading more of Fletcher.
Glittergirl
May 06, 2012 Glittergirl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Duncan MacAlpin, one of 4 adopted brothers (one of which is the "True King") ends up chained by the wrist to Mercy, the bastard-daughter of the unpopular & selfish current Scot King.
Laura Tucker
Apr 09, 2014 Laura Tucker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-books
This is a great book! I read it in less than a day and a half. I was completely swept away by the characters, setting, and writing.
Joy
Apr 02, 2013 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I love reading about highlanders and this one was interesting and well written.
Stephanie Williams
OMG!!!! I luved it i cant wait to find out who the true king is... lol
Sara Mitchell
This is the first of the warrior kings series and having just recently discovered Donna Fletcher I'm excited about continuing the series. I did like the overall story. There is the legacy that the true king of Scotland will rise against the current evil and destructive king. He rides as one of the four. Duncan MacAlpin and Mercy find themselves chained together after getting captured by the king's soldiers and led as prisoners to the king. They're both vital to this legacy and the king captures ...more
Caron Pescatore
Feb 11, 2016 Caron Pescatore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lover of Romance
Duncan, gets caught by the king's soldiers and finds himself chained to her side. He knows that they will be killed very soon. Chained to her side, he admires this woman's courage and tenacity. When they manage to escape the soldiers, just barely, they are on the run, trying to hide from the soldiers that hunt them. Duncan has a important mission, and being chained to Mercy is a challenge, but a delightful one. He finds himself captivated by her beauty and strength of spirit. Mercy is running fr ...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Good GOD! I hate travel boooks! Half of the book was about 2 people trying to get from point a to point b safely! It brings me back to sitting in a car on a long trip (5-12 hrs)with my mom singing (not Me!)stupid songs with my sisters & asking if we are almost there yet. My dad sighing... trying to be nice, and telling me "NO!" Geeeez! Early childhood traumas!

Needless to say, I was quite bored with the travel. It repeats itself in all but setting in every change of event. Walk, feet hurt, f
Miss
Oct 19, 2012 Miss rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Duncan and Mercy.
I enjoied this book very much, I loved that they were shackled together, and thought that it was a great way to start the book. Their back stories aren't too focused on, until about 3/4 quaters, of the way threw the book, so that's also good. But after that it all becomes about, what he might be, and what her mother did, who her father is, who she is, why they met etc. etc. etc!
And, I might add, it's a travelling book, so Duncan and Mercy have to get from A-to-B, except it takes
Gaby
Feb 02, 2013 Gaby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story from beginning to end, from hero to heroine and every secondary character in between. I've have definitely become a big fan of these passionate, adventurous and incredibly romantic Scottish historical works of fiction.

Duncan and Mercy are so lovely together from the very start. Although I like it when the hero and the heroine have some passionate bickering moments, etc, etc., I also enjoy it a lot when they just get along beyond the typical opposition mixed with lust and attra
Nov 18, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing author, really great at how she writes her books.

This is the second book that I've read from her and I loved it. I think it would've perfect if she'd left us with a cliffhanger ending and then next story was about the next hero, leaving us blind as to what happened further into the book.

But, the book was a great story without the cliffhanger ending (I'm in love with cliffhanger endings). I loved the heroin a lot. I honestly couldn't fault her.

There were characters I loved to hate and s
Claudine
Sep 02, 2010 Claudine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donna-fletcher
Scotland Highlands 1005

A Seer's Prophecy

When summer touches winter and the snow decends the reign fo the false king begins to end.
Four warriors ride together and then divide among them the true king hides.
When he meets death on his own that is when he reclaims his throne.

Donna Fletcher's Warrior King Series has a wonderful start with Duncan McAlphin and Mercy (bastard daughter to the false king). This was a book I couldn't put down. If Duncan's story is any indication of how this series will be
Linda
May 11, 2011 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Started this 5/9/11 & it's (really) good so far
I take it back! Disappointed the further I read. Started off very well & the storyline seemed interesting but the writing style left a lot to be desired. Not as fluid/accomplished as say L.Kleypas or some my fav authors. Dialogue was simplistic & didn't set the right tone for the era it was set in; someone saying "Hi!" ?? Did ppl talk that way, way back then? *laughs*
Doubt if i want to read anymore of her books & don't plan to get th
Yen
Had some issues with the book in the sense that the way the characters spoke didn't match up with the time era. However, the plot was great so 5 stars from me!
Jade aka MrsTosh
I read this book as part of a listopia challenge and to be honest when I saw the cover I wasn't really blown away it looked kind of aged and I hadn't realised the book was only published in 2010.

After finishing the book I can tell you I thought this book was wonderful, and a refreshing change to some of the other Scottish historical romances I have read and I will definitely finishing the rest of the series.
Zina
Jan 18, 2012 Zina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, if only this book was as good as the cover. I totally got sucked in by the picture of Brad Pitt in a kilt. It started off pretty good, but about one-third into it the story started falling apart, and by the end it was a grisly mess. Sorry, dear author, I usually keep my complaints to myself, but this book was just awful.
Anne
Jul 17, 2011 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As they escape the kings soldiers shackled to eachother, mercy and Duncan risk everything to return to Duncan's home castle where they will be safe. A harrowing trip across the Highlands, and finally they arrive. but this is not the end for the two who find their attraction growing. Recommended
Cruth
Nov 05, 2012 Cruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Start of a four part series, a bit slow but the "bound to him" aspect is kind of cool. The journey they take is interesting (but gets tired by book 4) and has a little "Pilgrim's Progress" feel to it. Sets up an interesting series.

Dinna Ken
May 18, 2011 Dinna Ken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-copy
A wonderful story to whoever wants to start on Donna Fletcher's work :) can't wait to read more of this!!
Deidre
Aug 31, 2010 Deidre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome start to what is sure to be an amazing series. I look forward to seeing how it unfolds!
Haylie
Nov 07, 2012 Haylie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really great, i loved reading about duncan and mercy! can't wait for the rest of the books!
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • A Necessary Husband (Necessary, #1)
  • Rough Wrangler, Tender Kisses
  • Taken by Desire
  • Temptation in a Kilt (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #1)
  • Blue Moon (The Runaways, #3)
  • The Highlander's Lady (Stolen Bride, #3)
  • Surrender A Dream
  • Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)
  • Bride for a Night
  • True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)
  • The Education of Mrs. Brimley (Chambers Trilogy, #1)
  • Highland Dragon
  • The Trouble With Highlanders (The Sutherlands #2)
  • His Wicked Promise (MacKay, #2)
  • The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy, #1)
  • Never Kiss a Stranger (Foxe Sisters Trilogy, #1)

The Warrior King (4 books)
  • Loved By a Warrior (The Warrior King, #2)
  • A Warrior's Promise (The Warrior King, #3)
  • Wed to a Highland Warrior (The Warrior King, #4)

“Pain is pain, long or short; it’s still felt, still suffered,” 2 likes