Start by marking “The Cost of Bad Behavior: How Incivility Is Damaging Your Business and What to Do about It” as Want to Read:

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Why incivility at work is a bigger problem than you suspect In an accessible and informative style, Pearson and Porath examine the toll that bad behavior can have on otherwise well-functioning companies. And they reveal strategies that successful organizations are using to stop incivility before it takes hold. Whether it's a standoffish coworker or an arrogant boss, incivi ...more
Published July 9th 2009 by Portfolio (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Cost of Bad Behavior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cost of Bad Behavior

Jeff Scott
This is a great book that every manager should read. The first quarter of the book is aimed at the manager or other higher-ups detailing how much incivility costs the organization. People reduce their effort, hurting productivity, work teams are disrupted, hurting productivity, people leave the organization, high turnover costs, good people leave for other organizations, and people can take out their frustrations on your customers.

Even though these are legitimate reasons to stop incivility, it
Kathy
Our Managers' group read this for Q4 at the suggestion of our HR Director.

A quick summary is that not following the Golden Rule actually costs businesses a lot of money. Filled with lots of examples and some scary numbers from a corporate perspective, this could be a wake up call for managers everywhere.

Our group took a survey of how severe they feel certain incivilities are then how prevalent we thought the behaviors were in our company. The good thing is we didn't think things like sexual hara
Stephen
Whoa! I did not realize how incivility was so damaging to a business. I thought it would have an affect, but not that it could reduce profitabliity, and that it could even lead to bankruptcy. This book does a very good job of showing the high costs that incivility leads to. Inciviity costs anyone in the long run.
Andy Johnson
This book puts the problem of incivility on the map. Our organizations are filled with this engagement, creativity and morale-sucking problem.
Erin Colwitz
Erin Colwitz is currently reading it
Mar 27, 2015
Allen
Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Todd Schock
Todd Schock marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Pedro Espaillat
Pedro Espaillat marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Javier Gonel
Javier Gonel marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Eman Ibrawish -Arabook
Eman Ibrawish -Arabook is currently reading it
Nov 08, 2014
Kitty Tomlinson
Kitty Tomlinson marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Lindy Broderick
Lindy Broderick marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Jul 29, 2014
Leanne Tamm
Leanne Tamm marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Xuan Mai Ho
Xuan Mai Ho marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Elizabeth Potskowski
Elizabeth Potskowski is currently reading it
May 23, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Ever After High 34 Success Secrets - 34 Most Asked Questions On Ever After High - What You Need To Know The Cost of Bad Behavior