Start by marking “Gotham City Sirens Vol. 3: Strange Fruit” as Want to Read:
Gotham City Sirens Vol. 3: Strange Fruit

Gotham City Sirens Vol. 3: Strange Fruit (Gotham City Sirens #14-19)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  775 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
LOVE STRUCK & HEART BEATEN

Poison Ivy's long charmed the men of Gotham City, but now she's the one losing her mind. Captivated with a plant-based alien inside S.T.A.R. Labs, she weds her cause to his and undertakes a Plantifest Destiny that leaves no room for humans--not even her sisters-in-crime. Catwoman and Harley Quinn try to tear their friend's heart away from the
Published August 23rd 2011 by DC Comics (first published July 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Gotham City Sirens Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gotham City Sirens Vol. 3

Catwoman by Jeph LoebCatwoman, Vol. 1 by Ed BrubakerBatman by Jeph LoebBatman by Jeph LoebCatwoman by Darwyn Cooke
Best of Catwoman
8th out of 35 books — 23 voters
Batwoman by Greg RuckaBatman by Paul DiniBatwoman, Vol. 1 by J.H. Williams IIIBatgirl, Vol. 1 by Cameron StewartBatgirl, Vol. 1 by Gail Simone
Ladies of DC
12th out of 43 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Magdalena
Dec 20, 2015 Magdalena rated it really liked it
Gotham City Sirens Vol. 3: Strange Fruit Poison Ivy “ finds love” with a plant-based alien and Catwoman and Harley Quinn has to try to get their friend to see reason and not turn the Earth to a green heaven with no room for humans.

And if that isn't enough someone is trying to get into Catwoman's head to find out Batmans identity. Thank God that Talia Al Ghul and Zatanna is there to help...or are they really helping?

On a side note: Harley Quinn!!!

Sesana
May 30, 2012 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
I still really like the Gotham City Sirens line, but this volume was a bit of a dud for me. On one hand, it was kind of nice for Ivy to get the other side of the chemically seduced ploy, but she's already experienced that in her backstory. And since it was immediately followed by a story that starred Catwoman, Zatanna, and Talia al Ghul but was really all about Bruce, and ended by revisiting the drama of Harley's relationship with the Joker... The entire volume ends up being about the Sirens' re ...more
John Yelverton
Sep 11, 2011 John Yelverton rated it liked it
This book finally lets the other shoe fall. Despite several previous books in which this unlikely trio become gal pals, they finally have the falling out that everyone saw coming five miles away.
Wandering Librarians
I like the fact that this is a very female-oriented and yet not overly sexual. You get to see three strong women who really support and care for each other really kicking ass of those who would try and hold them back. I would like to see more of that done.

Here's what I didn't like: all of the stories pivoted around their romantic relationships with men. The impetus for all the action had to do with either past love or using a woman's emotions against her. Sad. These are three strong famous super
Victor Orozco
Interesting series of stories. So basically Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy team up together. I guess the combination is interesting. Harley and Ivy always have been a team since the animated series. Adding Selina in the mix is a little interesting but after that time she was running for her life and her loved ones in danger I guess I can see why she is working with those two.

Thing is maybe if it was just Harley, because of their similar personalities. Ivy because of her vicious plants bec
Michael
Jan 10, 2014 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: sequential-art
Was für eine Wohngemeinschaft! Gothams nicht gerade für ihre Gesetzestreue berüchtigten Damen Catwoman, Poison Ivy und Harley Quinn haben gemeinsam Quartier bezogen. Da ist die Überraschung auch nicht groß, dass es nicht lange ruhig um die drei hübschen Sirenen bleibt.
Der Band versammelte die GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #14-19, die sich zu zwei Stories zusammenfügen.
In der ersten gerät Poison Ivy in den Bann eines Pflanzenaliens, das nichts weniger als die Invasion unseres schönen Planeten beabsichtigt;
Amanda
Dec 24, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this, I think it was better than volume 1.
Sarah Toth
Jan 27, 2015 Sarah Toth rated it liked it
Elizabeth Stickney
Dec 17, 2012 Elizabeth Stickney rated it really liked it
I bought this graphic novel because it had three of my favorite female Batman villians; Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn. Those three have been some of my favorite Batman baddies since I watched the 1990's Batman cartoon. I also bought Gotham City Sirens because I'm a big fan of the Dark Knight since I was a little girl. I really like the female orientation of the Batman related stories in this graphic novel. On the other hand, the stories could have been better.
It was interesting to see a
Kristen
Dec 17, 2014 Kristen rated it really liked it
There's a lot of conflict in this - especially between Catwoman and Poison Ivy, and Harley's usually trying to mediate. Despite wanting the ladies to just make up and fight against someone else together, I feel the conflicts are mostly well-written (didn't like Ivy's team-up with the alien) and give an interesting look at the Sirens. There are a few touching moments in this volume and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Adam Fisher
Mar 25, 2014 Adam Fisher rated it it was ok
Almost 3 Stars, but not quite.
Not really much to say here. The series continues to pull away from the playful attitude that made the first Volume so great. The storyline seems very disjointed and most of it wasn't that enjoyable to read. Not sure if I am going to get Volume, but if I do, its only because Harley is going after Joker in it, and his presence in a story usually always makes it better.
Boots
Feb 09, 2013 Boots rated it it was ok
This series could not possibly have sustained itself longer than the four small volumes it encompasses. I committed to finishing it, but 2 & 3 were more work than they were worth. While occasionally there's a funny moment and I can stomach these in context of the cartoon world, I still don't find myself much engaged by any of the three leads, the art is rather trashy, and as if we don't have enough t & a already, Zatanna and Talia are thrown into the mix? Beh. Estrogen overload.

Also, Har
Sketching Girl
This was an interesting read with great art and fun adventures. I've not read a comic with Harley Quinn in it before, so it was interesting getting to know her quirky character a little better. I enjoyed these characters together, but feel I enjoy the Birds of Prey series a bit better. Although I loved the first story focusing on Poison Ivy (and a new character), and the end of this book sets you up for the next episode in the story rather well - you want to know what happens next. I may love th ...more
Paige
Apr 13, 2015 Paige rated it liked it
This book was more about Zatanna and Talia al Ghul, which both are characters I like, but I was just confused why their story was focused on more then our main girls. I mean this series only has four books, so I thought it would be all about Harley, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy and they would be the main focus. Also the beginning comic where Poison Ivy fell for the alien plant dude was just lame. My girl Ivy doesn't behave that way, and it was weird to even mention it when it got shut down so fast. ...more
Callie Rose Tyler
Jul 31, 2014 Callie Rose Tyler rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, batman, dc
I wish that we could have stories about these 3 awesome characters that didn't revolve around men. Harley's obsession with Mr. J is okay but Catwoman is cool enough to visit entirely new stories. I HATED the plot of this volume and even Ivy is just looking for someone to love? Give me a break. I wish this series could be written BY AN ACTUAL WOMAN or at least by a guy who can fathom the possibility that woman do more than fight over guys. I haven't completely lost hope...keeping my fingers cross ...more
Annie
Saw this in a comic book store, had to buy it. I've been intending to read this series forever now, but unfortunately they're not very easy to come by. Hence me grabbing volume 3 and reading it before I've read volume 1 even, haha. Loved, loved, loved, loved, loved it. A little too much heterosexuality going on here (Harley + Ivy, girlfriends in love forever), but overall it was so good.

(Jesus though, why is everyone in love with Bruce Wayne. He's about as interesting as a sack of potatoes.)
Travis
Mar 14, 2012 Travis rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
The girls from Gotham continue to protect Gotham in their own special way.
Poison Ivy decides to get a day job, and after a bit of blackmail, murder and getting a new personal assistant, things get weird and then very dangerous for her, her friends and then the world.

Fun series, as these are three fun characters, trying and only occasionally succeeding in trying to go straight, and relationship between them is well done. Nice mix of types of stories as well.

Jolene Haack
Sep 19, 2013 Jolene Haack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 150-2013
I picked this up because it featured an entirely female team. I hoped to see Ivy, Catwoman, and Harley having adventures. But the bulk of the book was taken up by jealousies over Batman and who his best girl was and the rest was Harley obsessing over Joker or Ivy falling for an alien plant man. Now, I love a good romance in my comics. But I also want my female characters to be more than a vehicle for romantic entanglements for the male lead.
Sean Xavier
Jan 21, 2014 Sean Xavier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It like Birds of Prey, but with more Harley. The good Harley, not the terrible retcon.
Rosa
Nov 04, 2011 Rosa rated it liked it
Two stories in this volume of Gotham City Sirens. One on Poison Ivy getting sucked in by a plant man from another planet and another one on Catwoman's knowledge of who Batman really is.

The artwork for the Catwoman story was just amazing. The splash pages were gorgeous. Very sad that it seems as though this was discontinued within the new 52. Also a little sad that all of the volumes revolved heavily around men.
David Areyzaga
Dec 05, 2014 David Areyzaga rated it really liked it
This was a nice volume. I liked Ivy's pseudo-love story and how it parallels to Joker/Harley's complicated relationship. It shows how both relationships are all about the guy, but fortunately, the women find the strength to leave them behind. However... we know how Harley's probably going to end. Hopefully, the next to volumes will surprise me.
Library
Aug 23, 2015 Library rated it really liked it
(issues #14-19) Zatanna and Talia Al Ghul make guest appearances in this volume where each of the sirens confront their bad luck in the romance department.
Angela
Dec 08, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
Lots of fun. Ivy finds her soulmate. We finally find out what Zatanna did to Selina, and Harley snaps. Some very good character pieces, and you truely see the friendship with these three women.
Jennifer Biggs
Dec 24, 2011 Jennifer Biggs rated it it was amazing
So sad when DC decided to do a reboot. This story line was going great. Hopefully the rumours are true and their is hope the Sirens will be back again. But this was a great compliation of the comics.
Anne
Nov 12, 2012 Anne rated it liked it
Nice art and a decent story, but not much else. If you're interested in how these ladies' love lives play into their personalities, then this might be something you want to check out.
Anne Barwell
Mar 13, 2013 Anne Barwell rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the focus on strong female characters and the way they interacted. This is the first volume I've read of these women working together and it's a good combination and works well.
Alfonso
Catwoman's fighting techniques- 3000/10!
#ha!
Poison Ivy's trust issues- amazing!!!
#someone-needs-therapy
Harley Quinn's witty comebacks and epiphany's- changed me.
#Joker's-gonna-get-it!
PJ Ebbrell
Dec 15, 2013 PJ Ebbrell rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novesl
Some good parts but very patchy. I like some of the aftermath of the original Doctor Light and who are the real villains here.
Corilla
Mar 26, 2012 Corilla rated it really liked it
Love this series. The art work is so beautiful
Silje
  • Harley Quinn: Vengeance Unlimited
  • Huntress: Year One
  • Wonder Woman: Odyssey, Vol. 2
  • Green Arrow/Black Canary, Volume 1: The Wedding Album
  • Study Hall of Justice (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #1)
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 1: Trouble in Mind
  • Batgirl, Volume 3: The Lesson

Gotham City Sirens (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Gotham City Sirens #1
  • Gotham City Sirens #2
  • Gotham City Sirens #3
  • Gotham City Sirens #4
  • Gotham City Sirens #5
  • Gotham City Sirens #6
  • Gotham City Sirens #7
  • Gotham City Sirens (Gotham City Sirens #8)
  • Gotham City Sirens #9
  • Gotham City Sirens (Gotham City Sirens #10)