Start by marking “Shadowman (Shadow, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadowman (Shadow, #3)

Shadowman (Shadow #3)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  335 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Ghosts
They haunt the halls of the Segue Institute, terrifying the living, refusing to cross over. But one soul is driven by a very different force.

Love
It survives even death. And Kathleen O'Brien swore she would return to those she was forced to leave too soon.

Shadowman
He broke every rule to have her in life; now he will defy the angels to find her in death.

The Gate
Forging
Mass Market Paperback, 356 pages
Published September 6th 2011 by Kensington Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Shadowman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadowman

Jamie
Mar 29, 2014 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Once again, Erin Kellison impressed me. I cannot sing the praises for this series enough. This world full of fae, angels, Shadows, and wraiths she has beautifully described. This entire series was my gateway into adult paranormal romance and dark fantasy.

The characters are realistic and easy to relate to. Even Death (AKA Shadowman) is fantastic and personable (in his own way, of course). This book goes deeper into each and every one. And as you may guess from the earlier, Shadowman in particular
Julia
Sep 04, 2011 Julia rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, urban, arcs
After enjoying Erin Kellison's novella, SHADOW TOUCH, I jumped at the chance to review SHADOWMAN. Though this is my first book in the Shadow series, I was swept up in the story from page one. Despite being a part of a series, SHADOWMAN is a satisfying stand along novel as well. I am eager to catch up with SHADOW BOUND and SHADOW FALL, to see if enjoyment of Layla and Khan deepens even more when I know more about their daughter.

Despite the complexity of this family's relationship, SHADOWMAN provi
All Things Urban Fantasy
After enjoying Erin Kellison's novella, SHADOW TOUCH, I jumped at the chance to review SHADOWMAN. Though this was my first full length book in the Shadow series, I was swept up in the story from page one. SHADOWMAN is such a satisfying stand alone novel, it was just icing on the cake that I could finish it and then immediately go back and enjoy SHADOW BOUND and SHADOW FALL.

SHADOWMAN provided just enough background to quickly orient someone new to the series without over-sharing for established
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Aug 30, 2011 Jessica (a GREAT read) rated it it was amazing
Review to come closer to release date

Merged review:

I received this ARC from the publisher for review

Erin Kellison just writes one of the most fascinating series I've ever read! I love urban fantasy and I love fairy tales and basically this series takes both of those and mashes them together and the result is just incredible!

Kellison's books have the modern day faerie tale element to them. It's not necessarily faery tales retold, they just have the elements! In Shadowman, we get to know Shadowman
Pamela / SpazP
Sep 21, 2011 Pamela / SpazP rated it really liked it
Posted as a guest review at Fiction Vixen

Shadowman is the third book in Erin Kellison’s Shadow series. In this series there are three worlds: Mortality, where humanity lives; Shadowlands; and the Hereafter. Death, also known as Shadowman, lives in the dark and dreamy world of Shadowlands which can be as beautiful as it is horrifying. The building and melding of the three worlds is pretty fantastic, and enhances the feel of the experience.

I will start off by saying that I am really leery of rein
Erin Kellison
Nov 05, 2015 Erin Kellison added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Buy from:

Apple iBooks: http://bit.ly/1Ep97P2
BAM: http://bit.ly/1qay9GS
Anna
Aug 29, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
Kathleen O'Brien died while giving birth to her daughter, Talia. Never once getting to hold her child. Even with her weak heart, Kathleen has always been independent and strong. In death she vowed to find away back to her Talia & Shadowman.

I'm happy to see Shadowman and Kathleen get their own book. A great love story that has suffered much pain and heartache. If anyone deserves a HEA it's definitely them. Shadowman is dark, dangerous and beautiful. As always filled with intense action. A won
Karen
Nov 14, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing
One of the many things I love about Erin Kellison's books is the unpredictability. She incorporates multi dimensional characters into a complex storyline, weaving in suspense, romance, impossible odds and strong MC's who steadfastly go after what they want. The author of the Reveler series has another winner in the Shadow Series and to me, this book is one of her best.
Death has been searching for Kathleen since she died while giving birth to their daughter, Talia. She isn't in Heaven, which leav
Dorothea Müller
Dec 04, 2014 Dorothea Müller rated it really liked it
Die junge Kathleen O'Brien wurde zu früh aus dem Leben gerissen. Ihr Geliebter, der Schattenmann, setzt Himmel und Hölle in Bewegung, um wieder mit ihr vereint zu sein. Allen Gefahren zum Trotz öffnet er ein Tor ins Jenseits. Doch dabei entlässt er versehentlich ein düsteres, blutgieriges Geschöpf in die Welt der Menschen, das große Zerstörung anrichten könnte, wenn es nicht aufgehalten wird.

Das letzte Band der Zwielichtlande Reihe und endlich über den Tod und Kathleen. Auch wie bei den Bändern
Melissa
Sep 28, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
OMG! Can I just say OMG! I LOVED this book! I SO need to add Shadowman to my man harem. *sigh* Can I has him PLEASE? ;) He is your dark mysterious tortured man who is in total love with one woman. I mean really... can you resist?

Hey, get away from him! Resist! He's mine! *growls*

This is the story I think I've been wanting since I read the first book. We were introduced to Kathleen and Shadowman, but then they became secondary characters. Important and essential but not central to the stories. Th
Paranormal Haven
Shadowman, aka Death, wants his woman back. He knows that her soul didn’t go to Heaven, which means she might be in hell. So he makes a gate to travel and find her.

Beth Dawkins
Sep 19, 2011 Beth Dawkins rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011

Layla is a journalist who wants to find out the truth about the wraiths, and the dark secrets locked away in Segue Institute, but most of all she wants a picture of Talia. She believes that Talia’s husband, Adam is behind the wraith outbreak, and will stop at nothing to uncover the secrets. She is caught trying to take a picture of Ta
Kelsey
Sep 24, 2011 Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Review pending...

Merged review:

First off, I haven’t read any other books in this series. Saying that, I didn’t feel like I was lost while reading Shadowman. I think these books can be read out of order because Erin Kellison does a wonderful job explaining what has happened without overburdening the reader or being mundane to a reader who has read the first two books.

In the third book of the Shadow series, Shadowman is bound and determined to bring Kathleen back. He has forged a gate to hell and
Julia
Sep 05, 2011 Julia rated it liked it
Shadowman is the quickly paced, third installment in Erin Kellison's Shadow series. I have read the previous two novels and Erin's novella, Shadow Touch- all of which could be read as a standalone stories. They're all amazing reads, but Shadowman is now my favorite. Shadowman isn't quite as dark as the previous installments, but the romance is impressive regardless. Anyone who has read Shadow Bound and Shadow Fall will absolutely love Shadowman.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. However, it did tak
Pamela
Aug 25, 2011 Pamela rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the first two books in Erin Kellison’s Shadow series, and I was very excited to receive a copy of Shadowman. I am pleased to report that it does not disappoint and is another great addition to this creative paranormal romance series.

Shadowman, the fae creature better known as Death, featured heavily into the first two books of the series. His daughter by a mortal woman is the lead character in Shadow Bound, and he has been a constant presence at the edge of the narrative. In Shadowman,
Nawnee
I was desperate to get to reading this story by the time I made it through the first books in this series. You already know.so much about the couple and what they've sacrafised for.each other, you just haven't gotten anything from their point of view or really the reasoning behind certain choices. At the end of the third book you find out one of them is assumed to be trapped in hell this drives the shadowman to.do things he might never had, just to free his love from a fate hes sure he dealt her ...more
Jeanette Crump
Jul 17, 2014 Jeanette Crump rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG OMG OMG! Kellison just keeps it going in this book. I'm not even going to go into any spoilers. Just let it be said that this series and this book is awesome, highly recommended, and definitely worth as many stars as you can give it. I'm in love! I'm in love with death himself!
Cheap and Lazy
If you're going to start the series with this book like I did, you might appreciate it just a bit more if you read the excerpt from Shadow Bound on the author's website. I read it after, myself, and now intend to go back and read the first two books. In addition to a thick and deftly-woven plot and conflicts, the prose was remarkably good. The love scenes were especially lovely, though warm rather than hot. I felt myself sucked into the story, more than the characters--though they were fully-dev ...more
Jamie Welch
Sep 10, 2011 Jamie Welch rated it really liked it
I just love this series! I don;t know if I have a favorite because they are all good, even the short story Shadow Touch. At first I didn't think that I was going to like Layla. Layla seemed like she was the kind of person who was snaking her way through, catching you in her webs. She seemed to have all the bad qualities that reporters possess. But, somewhere along the lines of the story, I grew to love Layla, stubborn as a mule but still good hearted.
Shadowman seems to possess the same stubborn
Carole-Ann
Mar 29, 2012 Carole-Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-stuff, fantasy
What a lovely conclusion to the two previous books: Shadow Bound and Shadow Fall.

Although we met Kathleen briefly in the first book, and it was touched upon here, this book is about reincarnation and the possibility of second chances, even for someone like Death. It's also the story of a real, true, love and all the vicissitudes that bond has to go though.

Ah, I do love a good HEA *sigh happily*
Jackie Uhrmacher
Sep 17, 2011 Jackie Uhrmacher rated it it was amazing
Shadowman. The fae Dark Lord. Death. He’s been known by many names to many people, appearing in whatever image the person who sees him forms of him. Cloven hooves, monstrous size, a billowing black cloak – he’s worn all these images. But none affected him beyond the surface — none save one. The woman who tempted him to cross through to our world saw him as a dark knight. Handsome and kind, always there, always watching until finally giving in to the allure of Kathleen’s bright soul.

Full review a
Jen Locke
Jan 17, 2012 Jen Locke rated it liked it
I liked this book enough to keep reading the series. I've read the other books and become attached to the characters. My issue with this book and others like it is that the genre is "paranormal romance". See, I'm not really into all that girly romance stuff, so all those pages wasted on love scenes and the like just bore me to death. But since the story part of the book is good, I continue reading. I'd much prefer to have a "paranormal suspense" genre with less romance and more mystery and actio ...more
Hannah
Oct 02, 2011 Hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
All I have to say about SHADOWMAN is this: anyone that can make Death look sexy is pretty much a star in my book.

3.75 stars for a strong continuation of the Shadow series. I can't say I loved it as much as SHADOW BOUND, but I'm a sucker for a good "impossible" love story, and it doesn't get much more impossible than a romance between a mortal and Death. Erin Kellison created a stage where a love like this can exist while also imagining a resolution that I never expected.
Angi
May 27, 2015 Angi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es war ganz okay. Aber ich habe mir mehr und etwas anderes von der Geschichte erwartet.
Die trockenen Bemerkungen waren unterhaltsam, der Rest etwas komisch.
Natalie
Aug 14, 2012 Natalie rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in the Shadow series. This book really hit hard emotionally - the desire to recover a love lost too soon. It being a paranormal romance and all, everything was tied up nicely in the end but the roller coaster ride to get there was a well written one. It takes a lot to put a new spin on an overabundant genre but Erin Kellison has done a good job with this series so far. I look forward to reading more.
ReadingDiva
Nov 01, 2011 ReadingDiva rated it it was amazing
There is so much to say about this book. Erin Kellison introduced us to Death in a whole new way. This is the 2nd book I read from Kellison. The first book was Shadow Touch, and though I enjoyed it very much I must say it doesn’t compare to Shadowman.

Shadowman is nicely written; the story compels you to keep reading and turning the pages. Read more here...
Kris Pittman
Jul 07, 2012 Kris Pittman rated it it was amazing
At first finding Death so sexy creeper me out a bit. But I got over it quickly! Then I found myself cheering him on, and hoping he could get the girl he loved to get over it as well. Erin Kellison has a wonderful way of balancing everything I look for in a book, romance, action, magic, and growth. Neither of which over power the other. I have now read all of her books, a sure sign of an excellent author.
Mandi Schreiner
I'm having a lot of trouble with this one (pg 100)

I don't like the heroine...or how the heroine is related to Shadowman's mate. She gets beaten and almost raped and barely has any repercussions? She has her lifeline cut but that isn't even playing into anything yet.

Doesn't have that same dark, intense feel of the previous books that I really enjoyed. Putting this one down for now.
Roxanne
Nov 01, 2013 Roxanne rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series. The author is so imaginative and was very good at describing scenery. I also connected well with all of the characters and enjoyed reading about their stories. This was a series that I was willing to pay for. Which says a lot since I have a million free books waiting to be read on my kindle!
Lizzielvr
Oct 16, 2011 Lizzielvr rated it really liked it
The beginning of the book does drag a bit, but once the story takes off, it’s very good. I did not like the heroine in the beginning, but grew to like her as the story progressed. I adore Shadowman, he is a unique character.

It will be interesting to see how the authors progresses with the story in future books.
Book Blog Networking: Win Shadow Series International Giveaway! 1 5 Sep 27, 2011 04:43AM
  • Hammer Down (Children of the Undying, #1)
  • As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • Dragon's Prey (Shadow of the Dragon, #4)
  • Embrace the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #2)
  • Dance of the Crystal (Dance, #3)
  • Master and Apprentice (Gavyn Donatti, #2)
  • Before the Witches (Dark Mission 0.5)
  • Icy Passage
  • Hunting JC (Sherman Family Series, #1)
  • StarFire (DemonSlayers, #3)
  • Game Over (Guardian, #1)
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • The Price of Freedom (Out of the Bottle, #1)
  • Heart Ache (Bound by a Touch #1)
  • Seduced by a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather, #3)
  • Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties #2)
  • Azufre y Sal
  • Shades of Dark (Dock Five Universe, #2)
Erin Kellison is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Reveler serial, where dreaming turns dangerous. She also writes the dark fantasy romance Shadow series and Shadow Kissed series. RT calls Soul Kissed, "a dark fairy tale with a twist, perfect for readers who love passion with their fantasy." And this year she delves into shifter romance with her Dragons of Bloodfire series ...more
More about Erin Kellison...

Shadow (4 books)
  • Shadow Bound (Shadow, #1)
  • Shadow Fall (Shadow, #2)
  • Shadow Series Bundle (Shadow, #1 - #2)