Start by marking “Judge Dredd: Muzak Killer: 2000 Ad Presents” as Want to Read:
Judge Dredd: Muzak Killer: 2000 Ad Presents

Judge Dredd: Muzak Killer: 2000 Ad Presents

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Muzak Killer is a razor-sharp pop culture satire from the pen of Garth Ennis (Preacher), illustrated by acclaimed artists Dermot Power and John Burns. When Mega-City One's muzak stars fall prey to a deadly killer, Dredd must act to save muzak from the harshest critic of all - one who will stop at nothing to wipe out cheesy pop! But a good critic never lays down and dies - ...more
Published August 1st 2003 by Titan Books (UK) (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Judge Dredd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judge Dredd

Michael

This collection collects Muzak Killer and its sequel Muzak Killer Live! from progs 746-748 and 837-839 respectively. Also included here are the vigilante fuelled Raider 810-814 and the one off film spoof Teddy Choppermitz from prog 760.

The entire book is from the seething pen of Garth Ennis in wonderful hard hitting and no holds barred form. Muzak Killer and its sequel are Ennis at his biting best satirizing the popular music industry and it has to be said its critics at the same time. Written i

Paul
I wasn't impressed by this collection. I stopped getting 2000AD weekly just after prog 500 so this was the first time I'd read these stories. Even though they were written by Garth Ennis I didn't think the stories were anything special.

The best parts of 'Muzak Killer' & 'Muzak Killer: Live' were spotting the analogues in the story for crappy-poppy UK music 'stars' of the late 80s/early 90s particularly the Stock Aitken Waterman 'Hit Factory' and the Australian soap stars.

Raider was the only
Krystl Louwagie
Not Ennis's best writing, to be sure-the storyline of the Muzak killer reminded me of a bad, but much more violent, episode of JEM. Some interesting small bits here and there, but no interesting plot or characters. However, the story with the retired Judge and even their version of Edward Scissorhands, had more plot and feeling to them, and let me see a bit more potential. Still, what a weird way to make a comic-Judd Dredd gets hardly any face time.
Timo
Jan 19, 2009 Timo rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
Garth Ennis is getting better the further his career with Judge Dredd goes. This collection has some real gems, mostly those six episodes of the Muzak Killer-saga. Or then I just might think something in the lines of the Killer himself.
And the art! Oh, so beautiful.

Timo
Gary Pryke
I've never really read any of Judge Dredd before and wasn't really impressed. I love Garth Ennis' Preacher but this just didn't grab me at all. I'm guessing it's just not a great one to start on because I know Dredd is hugely popular.
Ste H
This is a good early story by Garth Ennis.
James Armstrong
James Armstrong marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Paul Porry
Paul Porry marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Jon Magera
Jon Magera marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Jay Hancock
Jay Hancock marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Vothjohn
Vothjohn marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Jon Start
Jon Start marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Ennis began his comic-writing career in 1989 with the series Troubled Souls. Appearing in the short-lived but critically-acclaimed British anthology Crisis and illustrated by McCrea, it told the story of a young, apolitical Protestant man caught up by fate in the violence of the Irish 'Troubles'. It spawned a sequel, For a Few Troubles More, a broad Belfast-based comedy featuring two supporting ch ...more
More about Garth Ennis...
Preacher, Volume 1: Gone to Texas Preacher, Volume 2: Until the End of the World Preacher, Volume 3: Proud Americans Preacher, Volume 9: Alamo Preacher, Volume 6: War in the Sun