Google Analytics

Google Analytics

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Do you know what people do when they visit your website or web app? Or how much the site contributes to your bottom line? Google Analytics keeps track and makes it easy for you to learn precisely what's happening. This hands-on guide shows you how to get the most out of this free and powerful tool -- whether you're new to Google Analytics or have been using it for years.

"G...more
Published August 1st 2010 by O'Reilly Media (first published August 30th 2007)

Ed Arias
If you only have one profile, and no goals in your Analytics account, you're not using Analytics. Great book, admittedly hard to follow at times, mostly b/c it gets into areas very different than what I'm use to. Nevertheless, def a book I'm glad I picked up, and def recommend.
Boriana
Others seem annoyed at the code samples because they couldn't follow, but it seems unfair to take of points for that. I found them very useful, because they contributed to a deeper understanding, for me, of how Google Analytics works behind the scenes.

4 stars because I would have preferred more examples of how Google Analytics has helped solve business needs, unearthed problem and/or opportunities, etc. That's the hard part. Especially some creative or unstandard applications would be useful to...more
Michael Bender
Great reader

Great reader

very well written. this book was understandable and relevant. I recommend it for developers and practitioners. The analytics strategies were very useful.
Robert
I think it is good enough to have a copy in your library for reference. I have had it out a couple of times from the library. Although the same information can be found online on the Google site, in the book it is condensed in one location, easy to read.
Mara
Google Analytics can finally be unleashed once you've gone through this book- so much more than conversions and traffic- definitely worth reading if you're spending any time with GA at all!
Wm
Large swathes of this book were not useful (because they went way beyond what I could understand or need), but the parts that deal with the basics are fairly clearly explained.
Patrick Matte
Un peu vieux, mais quand même encore pertinent dans l'ensemble pour comprendre l'outil et sa terminologie.
Craig
Good book, wish it discussed more about the reports in Google Analytics.
Mina
Mina marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Adam
Adam is currently reading it
Jul 19, 2014
Nguyen Cao thanh
Nguyen Cao thanh marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Natalia Piedras
Natalia Piedras marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Dmitrymotorin
Dmitrymotorin marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Killer Rabbit
Killer Rabbit marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Mishaal M
Mishaal M marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Jiessie
Jiessie marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Agustin Haller
Agustin Haller is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2014
Geyser
Geyser marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Performance Marketing with Google Analytics: Strategies and Techniques for Maximizing Online Roi Performance Marketing with Google Analytics: Strategies and Techniques for Maximizing Online ROI