Start by marking “Google Analytics” as Want to Read:
Google Analytics

Google Analytics

Do you know what people do when they visit your website or web app? Or how much the site contributes to your bottom line? Google Analytics keeps track and makes it easy for you to learn precisely what's happening. This hands-on guide shows you how to get the most out of this free and powerful tool -- whether you're new to Google Analytics or have been using it for years.

Go
Published August 13th 2010 by O'Reilly Media (first published August 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Google Analytics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Google Analytics

Eduardo
Aug 28, 2010 Eduardo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you only have one profile, and no goals in your Analytics account, you're not using Analytics. Great book, admittedly hard to follow at times, mostly b/c it gets into areas very different than what I'm use to. Nevertheless, def a book I'm glad I picked up, and def recommend.
Ashraf Bashir
The book is good and well organized from management and business perspectives. But as a software developer, I expected that author will describe the JS code under-the-hood, or at least that he/she will give some insights about API & the JS core. I expected that the author will focus a bit on JS code and will give detailed explanation of well known GA's JS tricks. But simply he doesn't! He/She just keeps encouraging you to copy/paste! So, if you are a developer, this book for sure isn't for y ...more
Boriana
Jun 02, 2014 Boriana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
Others seem annoyed at the code samples because they couldn't follow, but it seems unfair to take off points for that, because it would be easy to skip those sections if they are not relevant to you. I found them very useful, because they contributed to a deeper understanding, for me, of how Google Analytics works behind the scenes.

4 stars because I would have preferred more examples of how Google Analytics has helped solve business needs, unearthed problem and/or opportunities, etc. That's the
Michael Bender
Feb 21, 2014 Michael Bender rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great reader

Great reader

very well written. this book was understandable and relevant. I recommend it for developers and practitioners. The analytics strategies were very useful.
Robert
I think it is good enough to have a copy in your library for reference. I have had it out a couple of times from the library. Although the same information can be found online on the Google site, in the book it is condensed in one location, easy to read.
Wm
Large swathes of this book were not useful (because they went way beyond what I could understand or need), but the parts that deal with the basics are fairly clearly explained.
Mara
Jul 01, 2012 Mara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Google Analytics can finally be unleashed once you've gone through this book- so much more than conversions and traffic- definitely worth reading if you're spending any time with GA at all!
Craig
Dec 17, 2011 Craig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, wish it discussed more about the reports in Google Analytics.
Patrick Matte
Mar 17, 2013 Patrick Matte rated it liked it
Shelves: web-ux-strategy
Un peu vieux, mais quand même encore pertinent dans l'ensemble pour comprendre l'outil et sa terminologie.
Sivasailam
Apr 14, 2013 Sivasailam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Basis of Google Analytics covered
James
James rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2015
David
David rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2012
Marcos
Marcos rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2014
L2RU
L2RU rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Frederik Vincx
Frederik Vincx rated it did not like it
Nov 25, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
May 10, 2014
Todd Bullivant
Todd Bullivant rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2010
Joey Heflich
Joey Heflich rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Jenna
Jenna rated it really liked it
May 05, 2015
Arve Kvaloy
Arve Kvaloy rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Nilothpal Bhattacharya
Nilothpal Bhattacharya rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Santiago
Santiago rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2013
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Lee Fent
Lee Fent rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
James-y Ellis
James-y Ellis rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Eddie Runner
Eddie Runner rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2015
John
John rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Juha
Juha rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2013
Tomaz
Tomaz rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics
  • AngularJS: Up and Running: Enhanced Productivity with Structured Web Apps
  • Web Analytics 2.0: The Art of Online Accountability & Science of Customer Centricity [With CDROM]
  • High Performance Web Sites
  • Mining the Social Web: Analyzing Data from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Other Social Media Sites
  • HTML5: Up and Running
  • A Software Engineer Learns HTML5, JavaScript and jQuery
  • Gray Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Reverse Engineers
  • The Twitter Book

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »