Start by marking “The Road Trip” as Want to Read:
The Road Trip

The Road Trip

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  38 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Liz always felt God beside her, but she never imagined she would be in his passenger seat! In this humorous, heartfelt adventure story, God invites an ordinary woman to travel with him on a life-changing road trip. Along the way, they encounter fantastic beings, heavenly houses, and extraordinary communities that Liz could never have imagined. But this is no vacation. God ...more
Published April 19th 2011 by Synergy Books (first published November 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Road Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road Trip

Heather
Mar 14, 2012 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: read-owned
My Thoughts: At first I couldn't decide if this book was fiction, non-fiction, autobiographical or a devotional. I couldn't decide what I thought of the book. Did I like it? Did I not like it? Did I want to keep reading or put it back on the bookshelf? I'm really glad that I decided to give this book a solid try. The Road Trip takes the reader on a wonderful journey to the Comfort Zone, to a fork in the road where you choose between Decisionville and Confusionville, and so many more stops (that ...more
Book Him Danno
At first I really thought the idea of this book was rather stupid, but I kept reading and it only took a few more pages to discover that the message in this book were for me. I loved the way the author made the ideas easy to understand and yet relevant at the same time. Who are we and what does God want us to do with the things he has given us? Well read this book and you will have more than just those questions to think about.

My favorite chapter was the one on the Kingdom of ITS and how no one
Trinity Rose
Dec 21, 2011 Trinity Rose rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by Jo Lynn Crozier and it is a fantastic book. The Road Trip is a flight of the imagination. The first part of each chapter talks about the main character Liz taking a road trip with God. It is just amazing at the places they stop and the people they meet. In each chapter you learn the wrong way people do things, but God always explains and tells what we should do.
Here are a few of the chapters and what they are about: The Comfort Zone, where people are afraid
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Liz always felt God beside her, but she never thought she would be in his passenger seat! In this humorous, heartfelt adventure story, God invites an ordinary woman to travel with him on a life-changing road trip. Along the way, they encounter fantastic beings, heavenly houses, and extraordinary communities that Liz could never have imagined. But this is no vacation. Liz soon realized there was a lot she didn't understand about God, the world, and her role as a Christian.

God has a lot to teach L
Margaret
Jan 07, 2012 Margaret rated it really liked it
The Road Trip was a delightful book reminiscent of The Shack by William Young. The main character (besides God) is Liz, who takes a ride with God on a motorcycle. Liz rides in the sidecar (kind of like our relationship with God right??), and God takes her on several "adventures." These adventures drive home key spiritual concepts like Financial Stewardship, Wisdom and Virtue, and Faith among others. The dialogue is fun and interesting but serious enough to let you know which points are being dri ...more
Lenore Webb
Nov 08, 2011 Lenore Webb rated it really liked it
Oh and you want to meet Jo Lynn Crozier, or at least I do! I really hope it becomes possible since we are really just down the highway from each other. Okay 100 miles down but still that is just a couple of hours away and a glass of ice tea would be great to share with her. Why? Well she took me on an eye opening experience with "The Road Trip". Here I hoped on board with her for a road trip driven by God. With wit and whimsy eye opening experiences were pages away. Learning that we are to live ...more
Tima
Jul 02, 2016 Tima rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
Liz wakes up one morning from an amazing dream. It involves a road trip with the Lord. He takes her to tons of different places that explain why people are in certain situations in life (financial straits, selfishness, greed, being too comfortable, etc.) and then He explains how to get out of them.

After each section of the dream, the author explains what that part of the dream meant to her and backs up her thoughts with Bible verses. I suppose you would call this an allegory of sorts.

I enjoyed t
Tina Luey
Jul 11, 2015 Tina Luey rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the way the chapters were set up - a story then real life application. it was a quick read that had a lot of meaning. This is the kind of book I think I will re-read periodically when I'm feeling out of touch with God.
Mary Russell
Mar 18, 2015 Mary Russell rated it liked it
Although I don't agree with some of her "theology points" (if you can even call them that), her concepts and analogies were pretty cute (and super cheesy).

If you're looking for a cutesie, cheesy book that gives new perspective to certain aspects of the Christian lifestyle, this is for you (she does include scripture but don't expect to get super deep).

Also, although this wasn't my favorite book, I like the author's creativity and obedience to the Lord to even write this one. I'm excited to see
Kris Hinderscheid
May 29, 2014 Kris Hinderscheid rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Will actually reread this one!
Sally Beaudean
Feb 16, 2012 Sally Beaudean rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this allegorical "self help" to getting closer to God. I found myself "guilty as charged" on many occasions -- okay, almost every occasion. But the lighthearted style of this writer made me laugh at my failings even as I found myself surprisingly motivated to change. Of course, I'll continue to fail, but it's nice to be reminded that I can lean on God because he has a plan -- that He wants from me "not my best, but His best." Pretty cool, really.
Judy Wise
Jun 01, 2012 Judy Wise rated it it was amazing
Quite a book. Imagine yourself on a roadtrip with God and he is the driver of the cycle and you are in the roadcar. He takes to you many spots and lets you figure out why you are there by example. He really wants you to know that he is always with you, just give him your troubles and let him take care of them instead of you telling him how to fix it. Which is my problem, I must learn to let go. I would suggest this book to everyone.
June Sanderson saxton
Mar 02, 2012 June Sanderson saxton rated it it was ok
I liked the story in this little book, but not the preachy parts. In fact, after the first one I skipped them all. When I got the book, I was intrigued by the premise of going on a road trip with God, I was disappointed that the author felt she had to explain it to the reader. Someone said that it reminded them of "The Shack". Well, in my opinion it wasn't any where near as good.
Guillermo
Jun 22, 2012 Guillermo rated it did not like it
Shelves: novel
The story is simple: Liz, the main character is invited by God to do a Road Trip on a sidecar and travel through different places and learn in the process. God invites an ordinary woman to travel with him on a life-changing road trip.
Complete Review here http://seriesandtv.com/the-road-trip-...
Christy
Feb 16, 2012 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book very much. It is a good read for any person of Faith, it would be a good book to read with youth or children to teach them about God and His live for us. It shows how things such hatred, lack of faith, gossip, gossip, etc can ruin the garden (human soul/heart).
Martha
May 09, 2012 Martha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is cute, but the analogies make the points clear. Her writing style reminds me slightly of Lewis's Screwtape Letters.
Lacey
Mar 16, 2012 Lacey rated it did not like it
couldn't hold my attention. there are better Christian books out there that are more interesting.
Elaine
Feb 13, 2012 Elaine marked it as started-reading-but-didn-t-finish
Ha! I thought this was going to be a literal road trip!
Mitch
Jul 15, 2013 Mitch rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and being a Christian I read it super fast. I'm not a fast reader. Read it and I think you'll agree!!
Carina
Carina marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Mark R Carter
Mark R Carter rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Aiza
Aiza added it
Apr 07, 2016
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Gaylyn
Gaylyn marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Monica Facio
Monica Facio marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Lori Henrich
Lori Henrich rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2015
Thomas Justo
Thomas Justo marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Tmjj33ronataurreviews
Tmjj33ronataurreviews marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Keiona Welch
Keiona Welch marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015