Start by marking “Christmas in Cedar Cove” as Want to Read:
Christmas in Cedar Cove

Christmas in Cedar Cove (Cedar Cove #5.5 & 8.5)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  2,011 ratings  ·  115 reviews
You're invited to Cedar Cove this Christmas
First, drop in at 5-B Poppy Lane, where you'll get a chance to visit with Helen Shelton, her granddaughter Ruth and Ruth's husband, Paul. They'll offer you a cup of mulled cider and the story of how they met--and they'll share Helen's breathtaking adventures during the Second World War.
Then drive out to Grace and Cliff Harding's
Published November 1st 2010 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in Cedar Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in Cedar Cove

Barb
You're invited to Cedar Cove this Christmas!
Kathy Warren
This read was a wonderful Christmas story. Debbie Macomber at her best.
Lisa
This two-story book is enjoyable in the tradition of the genre. 5-B Poppy Lane is not a Christmas story, but is interesting, especially in the struggles of the protagonist to reconcile her political views with the military profession of the man she is falling in love with, although the struggles don't go too deep and the resolution is more "love conquers all" than reasoned detail--which is to be expected in a Macomber book. The story of the protagonist's grandmother is what really kept me intere ...more
Julia Brumfield
I have read a few works of Debbie Macomber but this didn't really touch me. And in a sense I felt that I had already read a part of these books for they felt so similar but I couldn't put my finger on them.

"5-B Poppy Lane" was an interesting short story for it only covered a specific amount of days while still weaving together two generations together. The characters were a bunch more believable than in "A Cedar Cove Christmas" but there wasn't much story. Still it didn't take away from the co
Carol
Two really cute Christmas stories. The first one you didin't need to know a thing about Cedar Cove to enjoy it. The part about WWII was very interesting. The second story was delightful in the way in updated the familiar Christmas story. More Cedar Cove characters were in this story, but the story would be enjoyable even if you were not familiar with the Cedar Cove books.
Beverly Steenstra
if this is all it takes to be a "New York Times #1 Bestseller" then i'm flabbergasted. most memorable sentence. "Jean Claude knew too much. He could not be allowed to live." i laughed out loud. at least i think it was Jean Claude. might have been jean pierre or something. i wrote better stuff in junior high school. and this person has written like 5000 books? yikes.
Jean Marie
A two-in-one. Ruth meets her future husband, Paul Gordon, and learns the story of her grandmother, Helen's horrific adventures in the resistance in France and in a concentration camp in the second world war.

The nativity story in Cedar Cove, Mary Jo Wyse heads for Cedar Cove looking for the father of her child and the grandparents, and is followed by her 4 brothers (Wyse Men). She is enormously pregnant and gives birth on Christmas even in Grace and Cliff's stable, meeting her future husband Mack
Have omnibus edition on kindle but just planning to read Poppy Lane story at this stage to fit in sequence of cedar cove books, will review on individual book listings once finished

Review of 5b Poppy Lane
I read this in a kindle version of omnibus Christmas in Cedar Cove which includes this novella and the novella that slots in between books 8&9 of the cedar cove series.
I'm not sure why this slots in at this point in the series as apart from the inclusion of Charlotte from previous books who
EZRead eBookstore
This book is a collection of two Christmas stories both staged in the small town of Cedar Cove at Christmastime (not a real place, I tried to Google real estate there!). Part one is a modern day love story that ties in to a historical past, and part two is a twist on the nativity story that takes place in the modern day. And of course, both are loaded with poinsettias and honey baked ham and Christmas lights and love. The Macomber way.

I’m a huge picky cynic with coal for a heart and burning devi
Jan Mcleod
There are two novellas in this book.
The first one is 5B Poppy Lane and should be read between books 5 and 6 in the Cedar Cove series. This is a short novella, but don't miss it!! Helen and her granddaughter Ruth are very close. One day, Ruth brings Paul, a Marine she has been corresponding with, with her to visit Helen. Paul reminds her of Jean-Claude, Helen's first husband when she lived in France during WWII. Helen begins to relate breathtaking and unimaginable "adventures" she and Jean-Claude
Katie B-K
So I read this book now because I hadn't realized there were two novellas in the Cedar Cove series until I was reading book 8, and I like to read these books in order. So I read 5.5 late, but 8.5 right on time.

A couple of notes: these novellas are WAY more like normal romance novels than the rest of the Cedar Cove series. There is one protagonist and one love story and everything else is part of that main story rather than its own story. I don't typically like short romance novels (in novella fo
Colleen Mertens
As a fan of the TV series, I thought this would be a fun read to introduce myself to the books. It was though it has a lot of spoilers for someone who is watching the series without reading the books. The characters are interesting and the stories are well written. I liked the historical aspects of 5b Poppy Lane. The brothers made A Cedar Cove Christmas for me with their antics. Both are very fun stories for this time of the year.
Lea
8/9/2013 - 5-B Poppy Lane - Three stars
Reading the books/novellas in order. This was a random, yet lovely novella, featuring Helen - a friend of Charlotte's - and her granddaughter Ruth. Helen revels her involvement and life during WW2 as Ruth decides if she can love a military man.
You didn't need to have read the Cedar Cove series to have read this.

8/18/2013 - A Cedar Cove Christmas - Two to two and a half stars
This story you probably need to have read the series to enjoy it. I was a little di
Karen
This book was two separate stories in one book. The first is 5-B Poppy Lane. We meet Helen Shelton and her granddaughter Ruth. Helen shares her adventures during World War II. Grandaugher Ruth has fallen for a young marine even tough they don't share the same opinions on the military and war and her grandmothers experiences help her understand her feelings. The second half of the book takes us to Christmas in Cedar Cove where everyone is gathered at Grace and Cliff's where they relive the memori ...more
Brown

Then drive out to Grace and Cliff Harding's place. They have a small horse ranch not far from Cedar Cove. Mary Jo Wyse and her little girl Noelle, will be there, too. Join them in reliving their memories of the Ch
Corky
First, drop in at 5-B Poppy Lane, where you'll get a chance to visit with Helen Shelton, her granddaughter Ruth and Ruth's husband, Paul. They'll offer you a cup of mulled cider and the story of how they met—and they'll share Helen's breathtaking adventures during the Second World War.

Then drive out to Grace and Cliff Harding's place. They have a small horse ranch not far from Cedar Cove. Mary Jo Wyse and her little girl, Noelle, will be there, too. Join them in reliving their memories of the Ch
Mandy
This book included two novella stories. I would have given the first one a three, but the second a five so we are meeting in the middle with a four.
The first story, "Poppy Lane," was a cute story, I actually really enjoyed it. The problem was that the cover had this beautiful Christmas tree on the cover and the story took place in the spring. The only time Christmas was even mentioned was the fact that their relationship started with a Christmas card. The other problem, was typical to novellas.
jane trowbridge
I just love all the books that are written by
Debbie. Especially like the books with the three angles. I

The books with those darling three angles I look forwardeveryyear for new books with them in. Just keep those books coming.
Rachel Schichtl
I always like a few positive Christmas stories around the holdays. I like Debbie Macomber and enjoyed this book, which actually is two short books in one, but they were good. A light, airy , quick read.
Gloria Bernal
What an engaging novel for Christmas - 2 in one. The first novella is at 5-B Poppy Lane, and the story of an 80-something grandmother telling her story of wartime love to her granddaughter. I was just taken in with this story and can't wait to pass it on to my own mother who lived her life during that same time frame.

The second part of the book tells us about Mary Jo and Mack, the fireman who delivered her baby in Cedar Cove on Christmas Eve, in an apartment over the barn filled with animals for
Arlene
I always enjoy returning to Cedar Cove inDebbie Macomber's books. This holiday edition has two novelas: "5-B Poppy Lane" and "A Cedar Cove Christmas". In the first we learn how Helen's granddaughter met her husband and also the story of Helen's time during WWII when she met Ruth's grandfather. It was a very touching story. The second story tells how Mary Jo came to Cedar Cove on Christmas eve to confront the father of her soon to be born baby. He isn't there but she meets some wonderful townspeo ...more
Sarah Eisele
A great holiday read, whether you've read the Cedar Cove books or not!
Cindy
Another engaging story in the Cedar Cove series. I enjoy the sweet stories.
Ciocido23
Good easy read. She tends to be predictable but the characters are interesting people.
Sheila
Only read 5 Poppy Lane in this book.
Rita
Another great Cedar Cove book!
Rebecca
Absolutely wonderful read!
Gemma
First story was more heartwrenching that I'd expect from this author. She usually writes "cute" stories.

The second story was DNF for me. I'm really sick of the overbearing relatives theme. For instance, one older brother can't understand why the heroine wants to live on her own, instead of in her parent's house with her three older brother. Oh, how shocking! How dare a grown woman want a life of her own! My sister is pregnant by a jerk--let's force a shotgun wedding. Even though it's not the 180
Dean dunaway
I,m wanting to rereading book ,so I am not prepared to write a review at this time. I think I was happy about reading it.
  • A Chesapeake Shores Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #4)
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • Lakeshore Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles, #6)
  • Holiday in Stone Creek: A Stone Creek Christmas / At Home in Stone Creek (Stone Creek, #4 & 6)
  • The Snow Globe
  • Bring Me Home for Christmas (Virgin River, #16)
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • A Wish for Christmas (Cape Light #10)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Cedar Cove (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)
  • 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2)
  • 311 Pelican Court (Cedar Cove, #3)
  • 44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove, #4)
  • 50 Harbor Street (Cedar Cove, #5)
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • 74 Seaside Avenue (Cedar Cove, #7)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • 92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove, #9)
  • 1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove, #10)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)