Start by marking “Tecolote: The Little Horse That Could” as Want to Read:
Tecolote: The Little Horse That Could

Tecolote: The Little Horse That Could

The little horse's chances were not good. Born prematurely on a freezing night, the buckskin colt had to fight for his life. When he was still a baby, Tecolote lost his mother. Would he be able to find a horse to help him grow up and teach him the ways of the herd? Would he ever know a friend who would love and protect him?

Be with Tecolote as he masters the challenges that

Published January 1st 2011 by Vilasa Press

To ask other readers questions about Tecolote, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tecolote

TECOLOTE: THE LITTLE HORSE THAT COULD is a kids' book illustrated with photos. It tell the story of Tecolote, a premature foal born on our ranch a few years back. Tecolote overcame about every difficulty a young horse could and emerged A TERRIFIC HORSE. He's my horse, as a matter of fact. He's the only horse on our ranch who's reliable and safe enough for me to ride. (I'm 65 and have a bad back and rebuilt right leg. Not the sort of person who's likely to ride at all! Thank you, Tecolote.) Great ...more
Jan 10, 2011 SenoraG rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful, sweet, touching little book. Tecolote came into this world early and not in the best condition. With love he was able to overcome his difficulties and grow into a beautiful horse. Reading his story was a real treat. The pictures in the book are beautiful and very expressive. He overcame many obstacles and brought so much happiness into the lives of those around him.

This is a terrific book for little ones and big ones too. It shows how animals have so much to offer us and te
Jml rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2015
Kate McGuinness
Kate McGuinness rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2012
Wanita Panza
Wanita Panza rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
David rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Teganfitzpatrick rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2012
Have you ever lost a beloved animal? 1 1 Dec 04, 2011 11:03AM
Sandy Nathan writes to amaze and delight, uplift and inspire, as well as thrill and occasionally terrify. She is known for creating unforgettable characters and putting them in do or die situations. She writes in genres ranging from science fiction, fantasy, and visionary fiction to juvenile nonfiction to spirituality and memoir.

"I write for people who like challenging, original work. My reader is
More about Sandy Nathan...