Start by marking “365 Ideas for Recruiting, Retaining, Motivating and Rewarding Your Volunteers: A Complete Guide for Nonprofit Organizations” as Want to Read:

According to recent statistics by the U.S. Department of Labor, 26.7 percent of the population volunteers. Unfortunately, while the population is increasing, the percentage of Americans who volunteer is decreasing each year. What this means is that you must hang onto and keep your volunteers happy and coming back, perhaps bringing new volunteer recruits with them.
This new
Published July 1st 2008 by Atlantic Publishing Group (FL)

Be the first to ask a question about 365 Ideas for Recruiting, Retaining, Motivating and Rewarding Your Volunteers

Irene
Feb 05, 2011 Irene rated it it was amazing
As president of a nonprofit organization I'm thrilled with the information in this book. Getting volunteers is one of the hardest things to do for any group but keeping them motivated is even harder.

I was enthused after reading the first section "Before You Begin Recruiting" and realized that we, as an organization, weren't clear on our needs. We needed volunteers but in desperation due to time pressures we didn't access everything we needed to.
As well I found out how to launch a campaign using
Nicole
Oct 27, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
I work for a very small non-profit and this seemed geared toward larger non-profits. I bookmarked three pages: a 'media contact sheet', creating a press release, and info your website volunteer recruitment page needs to include.
Marce
Mar 12, 2016 Marce rated it liked it
useful to help generate ideas and get organized, but a little long-winded and repetitive
caryn
Aug 05, 2016 caryn rated it really liked it
Shelves: work-related
Great ideas, applicable to my work. I especially appreciated the details about the volunteer handbook.
Debra
May 29, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it
Read parts of it... Offers helpful info & tools!
Stan Skrabut
Stan Skrabut is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2016
Robbie Blair
Robbie Blair marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Linda84993
Linda84993 marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Soumya Radhakrishnan
Soumya Radhakrishnan marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Jean-François Hebert
Jean-François Hebert marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Norm Tresadern
Norm Tresadern rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Akeshia Singleton
Akeshia Singleton rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Rachel Stevenson
Rachel Stevenson rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2015
Marianne M. Mills
Marianne M. Mills rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Misty Davies
Misty Davies rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Hayley
Hayley marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Sherrie
Sherrie rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Frances Butterfoss
Frances Butterfoss rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Leticia Olivarez
Leticia Olivarez rated it did not like it
Dec 05, 2014
John
John rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
Yasin
Yasin marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Del Thatcher
Del Thatcher rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016

“If your organization has been in operation any length of time, you have a brand. The question is whether your current brand helps or hinders your mission. Do you know how you are being perceived by your community? It does not matter how good a job you are actually doing if the public's perception does not reflect such knowledge, which is why it is critical that a nonprofit stay in tune with how people outside of its organization view it. Here are some suggestions to help you assess your current public image.” 0 likes