Start by marking “Heaven's Banquet” as Want to Read:
Heaven's Banquet

Heaven's Banquet

Written with the support of the Maharishi Ayur-Veda Institute, this comprehensive cookbook shows how to incorporate the timeless principles of Ayurveda into the twenty-first-century kitchen. A result of Miriam Kasin Hospodar's twenty-year culinary journey, Heaven's Banquet draws from a rich palette of international cuisines and shows how to match your diet to your mind-bod ...more
Published October 1st 2001 by Plume Books (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven's Banquet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven's Banquet

Kate Lumsden
Oct 28, 2011 Kate Lumsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such delicious recipes, it's a shame there aren't any photos. Most every recipe has come out beautifully. While it provides some info about how the ingredients relate ayurvedically, there aren't doshic effects for each recipe like in many ayurvedic cookbooks. Once you've got a feel for ayurveda, buy this and cook up a feast. I really enjoy the start of the book and her recommendations on building an ayurvedic kitchen
Jessica
Mar 12, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I want to own this book just for the first 40 pages of background on the Ayurvedic diet. It's fascinating to see what foods your body favors at various times of the year, based on your dosha! While I don't think you have to be vegetarian to make yourself feel good, I do like the abundance of variety this book offers. I will definitely be trying out several of these recipes and cooking techniques.
Roniq
Jan 20, 2008 Roniq rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another xmas gift from mom, boy she has good taste.
Cyndi Gallo Callan
Jan 05, 2014 Cyndi Gallo Callan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This is a must have cookbook. Besides recipes it is filled with health information, quotes and wisdom.
Woodsyearthmama
Dec 01, 2012 Woodsyearthmama rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful guide to eating in the ayurvedic way. It has recipes, lore, and great teachings on eating a balanced, healthy, and real diet. the recipes are easy to follow and "new" ingredients are explained well to even novice cooks. I recommend this to anyone wanting to eat healthier meat-free food.
Lisa
Ayurveda is complex, and I need professionals to explain it to me. I liked this book, however, the recipes were confusing, as there was no explanation of which dosha each one was best suited, and they also seemed to go against a lot of the information in the beginning of the book.
Nancy Long
Jan 06, 2014 Nancy Long rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I love this cookbook. I have had it for several years and often open it to try something new or remind myself of a recipe I want to cook again.
Doreen
Doreen rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2008
Laurel
Laurel rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Krvava Meri
Krvava Meri rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Max Bankole Jarrett
Max Bankole Jarrett rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
Autumn Caterina
Autumn Caterina rated it really liked it
May 07, 2014
Stacey Coffey
Stacey Coffey rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2008
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2015
Cynthia Maharani
Cynthia Maharani rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2013
Anna West
Anna West rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Daniel
Daniel rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2011
fany
fany rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2014
Allen Freedman
Allen Freedman rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2008
Anna Hennessy
Anna Hennessy rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2010
Mark Edward
Mark Edward rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Alison King
Alison King rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Karen Ingram
Karen Ingram rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Clare Nowakowski
Clare Nowakowski rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2013
Barbara Tracy
Barbara Tracy rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
M.R. Neer
M.R. Neer rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Sean
Sean rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2014
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015