Start by marking “Heaven's Banquet” as Want to Read:
Heaven's Banquet

Heaven's Banquet

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Written with the support of the Maharishi Ayur-Veda Institute, this comprehensive cookbook shows how to incorporate the timeless principles of Ayurveda into the twenty-first-century kitchen. A result of Miriam Kasin Hospodar's twenty-year culinary journey, Heaven's Banquet draws from a rich palette of international cuisines and shows how to match your diet to your mind-bod ...more
Published October 1st 2001 by Plume Books (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven's Banquet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven's Banquet

Cyndi Gallo callan
This is a must have cookbook. Besides recipes it is filled with health information, quotes and wisdom.
Jessica
I want to own this book just for the first 40 pages of background on the Ayurvedic diet. It's fascinating to see what foods your body favors at various times of the year, based on your dosha! While I don't think you have to be vegetarian to make yourself feel good, I do like the abundance of variety this book offers. I will definitely be trying out several of these recipes and cooking techniques.
Lisa
Ayurveda is complex, and I need professionals to explain it to me. I liked this book, however, the recipes were confusing, as there was no explanation of which dosha each one was best suited, and they also seemed to go against a lot of the information in the beginning of the book.
Kate Lumsden
Such delicious recipes, it's a shame there aren't any photos. Most every recipe has come out beautifully. While it provides some info about how the ingredients relate ayurvedically, there aren't doshic effects for each recipe like in many ayurvedic cookbooks. Once you've got a feel for ayurveda, buy this and cook up a feast. I really enjoy the start of the book and her recommendations on building an ayurvedic kitchen
Nancy Long
I love this cookbook. I have had it for several years and often open it to try something new or remind myself of a recipe I want to cook again.
Woodsyearthmama
This is a wonderful guide to eating in the ayurvedic way. It has recipes, lore, and great teachings on eating a balanced, healthy, and real diet. the recipes are easy to follow and "new" ingredients are explained well to even novice cooks. I recommend this to anyone wanting to eat healthier meat-free food.
Roniq
Another xmas gift from mom, boy she has good taste.
Mauricio Pozas
Mauricio Pozas marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Brenda Kelleher
Brenda Kelleher marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Lynn Lutz
Lynn Lutz marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Susanf
Susanf marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Fri Hyland
Fri Hyland marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Margriet
Margriet marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Palitha Sameel
Palitha Sameel marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Tanya Pike
Tanya Pike marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Heaven's Banquet Asphalt Renaissance: The Pavement Art and 3-D Illusions of Kurt Wenner