Start by marking “Lita: A Less Traveled R.O.A.D.--The Reality of Amy Dumas” as Want to Read:
Lita: A Less Traveled R.O.A.D.--The Reality of Amy Dumas

Lita: A Less Traveled R.O.A.D.--The Reality of Amy Dumas

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  506 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Lita™ -- see her just once in the ring and you can never forget it. The breathtaking off-the-top-rope fearlessness that she shows keeps you on the edge of your seat. You simply can't believe she's going to be able to pull off the move, and then Lita takes it to the next level. That's her reality, that's why she is a WWE™ Superstar.

Taking unexpected risks,
Published May 11th 2010 by World Wrestling Entertainment (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lita, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lita

Mr. Pease
Interesting if you're already a Lita fan, but not nearly as interesting as the real-life wrestling controversy she caused in the years following this book's release. For her fans only, casual wrestling fans should avoid.
Zoë
I have always absolutely loved Lita and has been a big role model in my life since I was a little girl and gave me the confidence to come out of my shell and be myself.

I listened to the audiobook that Amy Dumas (Lita) was the reader of as well and liked seeing her personal life before and after becoming a wrestler up to the point where she is recovering from a broken neck. It was great learning another side of her that I did not see when watching her performing a Moonsault in awe.

Even though thi
Shelly
Lita was my favorite Diva for a long time-not sure if it's cause she was with the Boyz, or just her personality. I love her style-the flaming red hair, the tats, the way she dresses-I just thought she was the bomb! Pretty good book, lotsa detail on her past and her work with the band
Christine US
I should've paid more attention to the publishing date. While her story is interesting, I wanted to here more about her return, the effort needed to maintain after such major surgery, etc.
Louise
I loved lita when I was younger and loved reading this book even though she hasn't been wrestling for a long when the book finished I couldn't put it down read it all in one day
Carly C
Feb 23, 2012 Carly C rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to be inspired!
Recommended to Carly by: WWE
You totally rock, Lita! Not just as a wrestler, but as a writer and a human being!! Well done!
Brittany
This was an amazing biography of a woman wrestler Amy Dumas. She wasn't like the other Diva's in WWF showing off her body or hardly fighting at all. She even went head to head with the boys. The only thing I really didn't like was that as soon as she signed with their company she felt the need to get a boob job because basically every other female in the business got one. Don't get me wrong Amy is her own person, but she just wanted to get one 'cause she thought that's what the company would wan ...more
Lyndsey Plitt
While I commend Lita for the breakthroughs she made (e.g showing women could make good use of the top rope) I was not and never will be an Amy Dumas fan. She seems to carry a very large chip on her soldier against quite a few people(The Kat,The Dark Angel Show,Melissa Joan Hart,family members,etc) and while I understand nobody lives a life where every day is a ray of sunshine the constant negativity can be a little overwhelming. The real bright spot is the candor she uses when talking about reco ...more
Taryn
Almost a feminist read, showing the difficulties of being a woman and trying to get into a predominantly male corporation. This book shows the differences of Lita's character and her actual personality, which are surprisingly similar. It shows the sacrifices that must be made, along with the pros and cons of being a professional female wrestler. Going back to her elementary school days, this book truly is a timeline of her life. Overall having the "Stick it to the man" attitude, this is a rebell ...more
Amy Gardner
Apr 10, 2014 Amy Gardner rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All people who want to achieve their dreams
Recommended to Amy by: Am a fan of Lita's
A very cool kick @ss memoir from a very cool kick @ss woman. She knew what she wanted to do and then went and did it. Lita, you are awesome, and you deserve to be in the WWE HOF. This book also shows that pro wrestlers do indeed have astute thoughts and good heads on their shoulders (well, some of them do at least.) :)
Samantha Fleming
What an amazing book. I Have loved Lita ever since I first saw her with Esse Rios. She really is an amazing person. And she as well as the hardys have always been my favourite in the WWF. And as much as I love the Hardy's I Loved her storyline with Edge. She was looking much hotter and just how she was appearing was to me a bit better.
And I was very sad to see her leave and I reckon she could still beat the girls in the WWE now.

And this book in incredible. She shares some of the most amazing exp
Debbie
Not really my normal cup of tea -- I had picked this up as a present for a friend but didn't get to see him before he went back home several states away. It had been lying around my house and I was looking for something to listen to in the car the other day and popped this into the CD player. It was interesting though since I don't follow pro-wrestling, the names and the various moves that Dumas mentions were unfamiliar. What I did find interesting was the last part of the book in which she reco ...more
Davy
Well I read a lot of pro wrestling bios and I thought it would be interesting to get a woman wrestler's perspective for a change. However there was nothing that really set this book apart from any other wrestling book except for the fact that the main character is a woman. It was the same basic story of getting into wrestling and the same basic experience in wrestling.
The only real difference in this book was all the complaining she did. I understand she was trying to be real with us but she c
JoAlice
I became a Lita fan after I read get book in 2006. Good read.
Carla
I was never a fan of autobiographies/biographies, but I was a huge fan of Amy Dumas, so I bought this. I loved reading about Amy Duams' life. From her beginnings to meeting Matt & Jeff Hardy to the end of the book when her dog, Cody, dies (which is so, so sad), it's a great book. Would definitely recommend.
Amanda
I loved her as "Lita" on RAW and Smackdown, but I would've liked a little more information on her personal life. It tells us how she became a wrestler, great, but not how she became who she really is. Of course, now she doesn't wrestle, so it would be interesting to see what she's up to now...
Grace
I wasn't very impressed with this. The first half was good, interesting to learn about her rise to fame in the WWE. However there was too much of her bowing out in front of the men, which maybe was her but probably the ghost writer. And make up tips? That isn't what i want to read about.
Ardian Arda
Amy Dumas.......atau yang lebih dikenal Lita di WWE RAW/SMACKDOWN ini tampil sebagai seorang penulis, ok tentang Lita, she is my favourite WWE Superstars, her retirement career gives her the fourth times WWE Women's Champion!
Erin
Lita was my favorite WWE diva. So I was very excited to read this book once it came out. I thought it was very interesting. I told a lot of how she got into the WWE ring. I also thought it was an inspiring book to read.
Vernita
Lita is/was one of the best Divas who took the womens division to another level.I love this book and its raw and honest.i miss her being in the wwe cause now the female talent has fallen flat.geez.
Melaniejo
Being a fan of Amy Dumas (Lita), this book was amazing. I really enjoyed reading about her life before joining the WWF/WWE. If you are a fan of hers, I would suggest reading it!
Elyssa
Lita was my favorite WWE diva. I was so excited to read her book when it came out. An inspiring read on how she came into the business and left her mark in the WWE.
Brandie
I really enjoyed this book. It's always interesting to know what is happening in the minds of your favorite wrestlers during some of their most memorable matches.
Tim Dunn
Probably one of the worst bios out there....I guess I never really got Lita, and after reading this book, I don't know how anyone else gets her. Pass
Lauren
Since Lita is my favorite WWe diva i was so excited to read this. this book shows you what she sacrificed to get to the wwe (boob implants and all)
Dave Wood
Amy does a great job on the audiobook version of this. She's refreshingly nonchalant about her role in breaking down gender barriers too.
Doug
Apr 13, 2013 Doug rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pro wrestling fans especially
Recommended to Doug by: WWE
Shelves: wwe, pro-wrestling, memoir
One of the best pro wrestling autobiographies I've read. Amy Dumas is not only a fearless performer but a fearless writer.
Tracy B
Sep 12, 2013 Tracy B rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All people who love memoirs and pooches :)
Recommended to Tracy by: Am a Lita and pro wrestling fan (NOT "sports entertainment)
Lita's pretty awesome. Just reread this book this summer. She's a strong woman who went out into the world and kicked @ss!
Carlos
Great stuff! Now here's someone I respect! She saw what she wanted and went for it! And she's honest about herself...
Crystal
Mar 13, 2012 Crystal rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who's ever dreamed and then gone out and done it
Recommended to Crystal by: WWE
A great and honest work. Amy (Lita) Dumas is one of the most determined strongest people Ive ever read. An inspiration!
  • The Hardy Boyz: Exist 2 Inspire
  • The Stone Cold Truth
  • Adam Copeland on Edge
  • Are We There Yet?: Tales from the Never-Ending Travels of WWE Superstars
  • Heartbreak & Triumph: The Shawn Michaels Story
  • Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story
  • Hollywood Hulk Hogan
  • Batista Unleashed (Wwe)
  • The Hardcore Diaries