Inside Out (The Brown Siblings, #3)

Inside Out (Brown Siblings #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  4,628 ratings  ·  301 reviews
The latest "sexy, pulse-pounding adventure"* (Jaci Burton) from the national bestselling author of "Coming Undone."
In the wake of an attack that left her nearly dead, Ella Tipton has spent each day putting her life back together. She doesn't have any room for romance, but that doesn't mean she has to stop admiring the scenery.
Sexy security professional Andrew Copeland...more
ebook, Nook, 320 pages
Published November 1st 2010 by Penguin Group (USA)

Shawna
4 ½ stars – Contemporary/Erotic Romance

Although I enjoyed this, it’s my least favorite book in the Brown Siblings series so far, which is still a bit like saying it was only Dove chocolate instead of Godiva or Vosges. I just love this series, especially the hunktastic, sweet, caring alpha bad boy Brown and Copeland men...YUM and YOWZA!

What I liked most:

I really liked survivor Ella’s and former playboy with hidden substance Andrew’s characters and their relationship development from friendship to...more
Auntee
Nov 01, 2010 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; fans of hot contemporaries
Even though this was not my favorite book of the wonderful Brown Siblings series, it still was a very good read. Yes, in terms of in your face sexuality it's no Laid Bare, and in terms of heartthrob hero and feel good romance it's no Coming Undone. But it is a beautiful, character driven story about cafe manager/future social worker Ella Tipton (who we first met in "Laid Bare") and former cop and now partner in a security firm Andrew "Cope" Copeland. Along with LD's rich-in details-storytelling,...more
Juliana
Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. After reading Lauren Dane's Making Chase I was all ready to go on a Dane binge. It hadn't been at all what I expected and so I was really looking forward to raiding her backlist and reading the other books that I had so mistakenly overlooked! I decided to start with this one because the summary and main characters appealed to me and the reviews were great.

Essentially, the book felt like a novella that went on way, way, WAY to...more
Buggy
Opening Line: "She arched on a gasp as the heat of his mouth met her neck."

Inside Out is the 3rd instalment from Lauren Dane’s deliciously erotic 'Brown Family' series. And while I absolutely adored the first 2 books Laid Bare and Coming Undone I’m sad to say that this one was a huge disappointment for me.

The writing is still engaging (except for Dane’s new obsession with the words “Gah” and “Pfft”) and once we get to the love scenes they’re well done, although I wouldn’t call them erotic espec...more
Miss Kim
I loved the latest in Brown Siblings series. I read this during a very stressful week in my life, and it made me relax and smile. Ms. Dane creates wonderful characters I feel like I know and sometimes it seems like they are real people.

I loved Ella and Cope together. Bad Boy gets Shy Girl is a story that works for me every time. I am still not sure why this is labled 'erotic'. It seemed more of a contemporary romance to me with some extra steam.

I will say that Ms. Dane's women say the words "pf...more
Robin *loves sexy books*
i loved this so much. i've given 5 stars to the first 2 books in this series and see no reason to stop now. i love how lauren dane writes this group of friends/family. they all have their flaws and get on each others nerves, but they all love so deeply and are so loyal to each other. ella was fantastic and i really loved reading how her relationship with cope progressed. i loved reading about them flirting and him stealing a kiss or touch. it was romantic, hot as hell at times and almost too swe...more
AJ
I can sum this book up in one word – ‘meh’. I was disappointed with it. I liked the first book of this series – Laid Bare, and loved the second – Coming Undone, and then this one was just meh.

Cope and Ella have been secondary characters in the series so far, and I was excited to see flirty manwhore Cope finally settle down with shy, quiet Ella. Having known each other for 6 years, and both harbouring secret crushes on each other for most of that time, Cope finally works up the courage to make hi...more
Holly
I'm going to give it 4 stars just because I loved the characters. This book did not have to intense smokin' hot sex that I have come to expect from LD's books, especially the Brown Siblings, but that said it was a very good story, a little light on the action and at times the writing seemed a little choppy but all in all a good story. This is still one of my favorite series, and I am anxiously awaiting Adrian's story, even if that does mean the end of the series :)
Heather
I wanted, SO BADLY, to give this a 4 or 5, but...I couldn't. The spice and heat between characters in a Lauren Dane book that I've come to expect wasn't there, and I'm not quite sure why. It might be because they have such a long, shared past. It might be because these characters are so different from the previous characters in the series, as well as from her other series.

Cope and Ella are the glue holding people together, they're the nurturers of the group, and Cope is often taken for granted...more
Vallsykes
Oct 17, 2013 Vallsykes rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like excessive dialogue about love and "being strong"
Naked you are simple as one of your hands;
Smooth, earthy, small, transparent, round.
You've moon-lines, apple pathways...

Morning (Love Sonnet XXVII) by Pablo Neruda
Lauren Dane delivered this installment of the Brown Siblings with inspirational poetry, sage advice about love, the tightness of those you "call" family, and...group talk sessions that made badass men talk about their feelings like they were at Husbands & Boyfriends Anonymous!
It was like imagining this
description

Maybe I will write a full r...more
Mandi Schreiner
Favorite Quote: Then there was quiet as she met his eyes and smiled, and Christ, he just sort of fell all the way into balls-out love for Ella Tipton.

Andrew Copeland, or “Cope” is a security specialist and has had his eye on Ella Tipton for some time now. He is known as a playboy, never having one woman for very long, and having lots and lots of women in his time. He hasn’t pursued Ella because she was in an extremely abusive relationship, and hasn’t wanted to push her for a relationship. But no...more
Jane Stewart
There is no story. No interesting personality conflicts. It’s mostly conversations with and about friends. I was bored.

STORY BRIEF:
Four years ago Ella’s abusive boyfriend Bill tried to kill her and left scars on her legs. He went to jail. Since then Ella has been slowly healing psychologically. Cope has always been a ladies man – sleeping with lots of women, never wanting to settle down. Cope and Ella have admired each other from afar but never acted on it. This back story is briefly told to us,...more
Chilligirl (Heidi)
Several times I thought... do I go on? Yes I did, maybe I shouldn't have! This was just so so for me. I didn't find the connection between Ella and Cope. Ella's character didn't ring my bell and Cope seemed a bit wishy washy. Oh well. The beauty of reading is that there is always another book to read. :)
MaggieReadsRom
4.25 stars!
I don't believe I've ever been more anxiously yearning for a book or more giddy to finally read about a character I've lusted for from the moment he set foot in the first book of this series: Mr. Andrew 'Cope' Copeland. My heart was literally thumping when I opened the digital copy and started reading.

Andrew 'Cope' Copeland is a sweet, gentle and caring man wrapped in a flirty bad boy. He’s confident and easygoing, sensitive and intuitive. With every page Cope had me crushing on him...more
After reading Coming Undone, I wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did, thinking that nothing could top the second in Lauren Dane's Brown Sibling Series. I was so wrong, infact, I think that Inside Out is probably my favorite so far in this fantastic series.
Ella Tipton is a survivor of a traumatic, abusive attack from an exboyfriend. For years, she's worked at the local cafe', owned by Erin Brown, and for years she's had her eye on the smokin' hot Andrew Copeland.
"Cope" has quite the...more
Emily
Decided to reread this when I was looking for books with men who have tattoos.

This truly is a breath taking read. There is a romantic quality that draws you in to the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I loved the subtle declarations of their love.

Cope has a reputation for being a bit of a player, but he has just been sowing his oats until he felt the time is right to try for Ella.

Ella has spent the last several years overcoming a brutal attack. With each day she finds the strength to move...more
Norma
I loved this book. Cope is wonderful. While Brody was a great hero in his book, I think I liked this one better. This story was more relationship driven and we got to see a little of everyone in the Brown/Copeland inner circle.

Great addition to the series. I can't wait to read Adrian's book. **Ms Dane, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't pair Adrian with Raven. Thank you.
Stephanie
I think Lauren Dane is a hell of a writer. There really isn't a lot of external plot to this book, it's all internal conflict but it keeps you turning pages. Her skill is evident in the fact that even though I wondered where she was going with story, I went right along with her. Plus the woman can write a love scene hot enough to burn your fingers.
Karen
Erm.

I recognize that I may have been expecting a different book than this was. What I was *expecting* was a fairly steamy, somewhat non-traditional romance (non-traditional in that the female lead is a domestic abuse survivor, and the male lead's brother is a partner in a three-way marriage that comes up pretty frequently in the book). This was not that book.

I wouldn't really call this a romance at all... yes, there's some steamy kisses and sex (if you notice it amidst all the talking), and the...more
Julie
“Inside Out” by Lauren Dane is the third book in her Brown Sibling series, even though technically neither the hero (Cope) nor the heroine (Ella) is a Brown sibling. But, they are close friends of the gang and Cope is Erin’s brother-in-law so that’s how they fit into that. These are fantastic books and a really heart-warming (although at times gut wrenching emotional) series. I did enjoy this third book but I must admit that it was my least favorite installment.

Ella. She is such a genuine and sw...more
Christina
Oct 29, 2010 Christina rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
OK, I'm a horrible review writer. But there is no other way to describe this book other than to say it moved me. I laughed, I cried, I loved the relationship between Cope and Ella.

I normally feel horrible when I receive a copy of a book before it's official release date because I feel it doesn't benefit the author. However, since I had it on pre-order, I didn't have control of when this was shipped to me. I was thrilled when I got it, I have no shame in now admitting. The characters were engagin...more
T.J. Michaels
I've read every book in the Brown's siblings series and each one is as good as the previous release. This book is about Ella, who we met in Book One (Laid Bare). This is the first time we've gotten into Ella's head and I really like this chick. After a traumatic event that took place 3 years earlier, we see Ella recovering from the inside out (pun intended). I like that she LIKES herself, that she's not so broken that she sees herself as weak. The hero, to my surprise, has his own problems. From...more
Splage
A good read, but I just felt it took too long for anything to happen. It was the same thing over and over: he was a major player, but he knew she was different for him. She was badly abused in a previous relationship so she wanted to take it slow- played over and over, at the coffee shop, the bachelorette party, the engagement party. The sexual tension kept trying to build and there was a lot of talk about it, but I never felt it at the intensity I think it could have been. What I did like about...more
Jennifer (TexasDiva74)
I am really enjoying this series. Although both of the main characters are technically not "Brown Siblings", they are really dominant characters in the previous books, so I'm glad they got their own story.

This book is a bit different than the other ones though. In the other books, the couples started their relationships all hot and heavy, not waiting long at all to sleep together. In this one, they developed their relationship slowly. It made sense, though. Ella is still recovering from her last...more
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Apr 27, 2011 Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 18 and over; strong sexual content
Wow! Lauren Dane knows how to write a romance. She does such a good job of fitting the story with the characters. I love the circle of friends that developed from the first book in this series. If you have not read this series, you would do well to start with the first book, Laid Bare and then read the books in order. You will get more enjoyment out of the success of the relationship between Ella and Cope covered in this book.
Pamela / SpazP
I really liked books 1 and 2...
But I LOVED this book. I didn't have expectations one way or the other, just knew that I'd enjoy Cope's book, but I was so enamored by this beautifully sweet and steamy love story. I was completely smitten with both Cope and Ella, and this will go down as one of my favorite contemporary love stories. My heart fluttered so many times!! I would reread this even, and I'm not a big reread person.
PS: I still have no love for Raven.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Meh. High 2 low 3 star range. I really liked the first book. Thought the brother was too perfect in the second book. Waited for something to happen in this book. Where's the conflict? Where's the sexual tension? Yawn... where's the end of the story? Actually that is not fair. The last two chapters have lots happening and are the saving grace of an otherwise boring book.
Sophia (FV)
Ella Tipton, manager of a small café owned by Erin from the previous Brown Sibling books, has been through hell and back. She was attacked and nearly killed by her ex-husband and has spent the last several years rebuilding her life and getting back on her feet. She’s a tough lady but still suffers from the fallout of the attack now and then. Although romance is not on the menu she has a crush on Andrew Copeland, longtime friend to the Brown family. He stops by the café often and aside from some...more
Jan
Read: Nov 3 2010
Reread: Oct 22 2011

As with Laid Bare and Trinity (Cascadia Wolves, #7), I'm conflicted about this book. I think I'm developing a love/hate relationship with Lauren Dane, because there's always things I really, really like in her stories, but her writing style just isn't really me. And yet I keep coming back, and it's all because of her wonderful characters.

The Brown Siblings is an original contemporary series (which don't necessarily have to be read in order, though I think it ad...more
I just finished so this review may be random.

I really enjoyed this book although there were a few things that stood out for me in the writing. The biggest is that everyone is always sliding towards a Hallmark card. The men, the women, friends, siblings, everyone is just spewing out their feelings in such detail and description, it just didn't seem real. I can't really imagine men talking to each other like that constantly. Maybe during the hospital scare, when feelings are high to begin with, bu...more
  • No Reservations (Kate & Leah, #2)
  • Cowgirls Don't Cry (Rough Riders, #10)
  • Cherished (Delicious, #1)
  • Riding Temptation (Wild Riders, #2)
  • Three to Tango
  • Saturday Night Special (Wild Irish, #6)
  • Hidden Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #3)
  • Nauti Dreams (Nauti, #3)
  • Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch, #1)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,...more
More about Lauren Dane...
Laid Bare (Brown Siblings, #1) Giving Chase (Chase Brothers, #1) Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2) Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2) Making Chase (Chase Brothers, #4)

“I think the question is, can you live without her? Watch her fall in love with someone else?.....If the fear of some random thing happening in the future is bigger than the reality of her being with another guy, walk away now when it'll merely sort of kill you to do it. But you can't have this doubt between you. Man up. Love her the way she deserves it, or let another man do it.” 12 likes
“That’s love. A part of what makes it so awesome is the level of real, true intimacy, and the risk you take by opening yourself up that way to someone who has the power to gut you.” 5 likes