Start by marking “アリサ 2” as Want to Read:
アリサ 2

アリサ 2 (Arisa #2)

クラスをあやつって支配する謎の存在「王様」はだれだ――!?
学園の裏にひそむ「秘密」の悪に、主人公・つばさが立ち向かう!スーパー・学園サスペンス!!

クラスを支配する謎の人物「王様」。その正体の鍵をにぎる問題児・真鍋明良を追う、つばさ。ありさの秘密に急接近するつばさに、王様の新たな魔の手がのびる!ノンストップ・学園サスペンス、急転の第2巻!!
Published September 4th 2009 by 講談社 (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about アリサ 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about アリサ 2

Jamie
Aug 06, 2012 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 12th-grade-books
Suspects as to who the KING really is:

Manabe (Arisa's classmate):
-I consider him to be a suspect because he comes out of no where and hits Tsubasa with a wooden poll. However, it seems as if he also hates the KING... maybe this is an act to fool Tsubasa.
-Tsubasa's friend sneaks into Manabe's home to find out tons of pictures of class 2B pinned to his wall. On his wall, it also contains the card that states that Arisa was a traitor. Manabe admits to Tsubasa that was all of his doing.

Arisa:
-Manab
Mike
Mar 26, 2013 Mike rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Arisa is a multiple layered story with mystery elements. I highly recommend starting at the beginning and reading in order.

** This review contains no spoilers for Arisa 2 but will have them for volume 1. **

Tsubasa, the delinquent "Demon Princess" of her high school, is investigating her seemingly perfect twin sister's secrets after Arisa's suicide attempt and has started to learn about the mysterious King controlling the class. She may have a lead on the King's identity, but how long can she pre
Luna
Apr 26, 2016 Luna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Series Rating: 3.5Stars (first few volumes are 4 Stars)

I read this series in one sitting, which is quite telling in itself. However I will say now that the story does lag a bit after a few volumes and loses something of the great set up it had at the beginning. That said, the author Natsumi Ando is good at ending chapters/volumes with cliff-hangers. So you get to the end of one book and immediately want to pick up the next one. (Case in point – me.)

The art is excellent and was part of the reason
Av Wexx
May 24, 2014 Av Wexx rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I thought that this was a manga about suicidal teens and heavy stuff like that, but by the second volume, I can tell that its not. There is this dude named King that the kids worship. Every Friday, fourth period, they have a cult-like meeting to get King to grant a wish.
No one knows who King was,and they all seem to know some things about Arisa's attempt that Tsubasa doesn't.
Possible suspects: Arisa herself
Manabe
Possible reasons for Arisa's attempt: A wish was made to King to goet
Feb 27, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars for Arisa vol. 2!

Thoughts and Plots

So the second book really got the ball rolling! Miscommunication, deception, attempted murder, rescues, true identities revealed! Sigh....I just love a series that packs itself full of action and mystery. The reader now knows who The King is, though Tsubasa has yet to figure it out. Reminds me of Sherlock Holmes for some reason....

Anyhow, I won't say anymore because it'd totally become a spoiler thing.

In conclusion

I am now debating getting this for
Tanya
Oct 18, 2013 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, read this on my way to work and couldn't believe how much ground was covered. (view spoiler) I did not expect this volume to be so gripping, and I'm curious about where the story can go fr ...more
Robin Conley
Dec 25, 2013 Robin Conley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this manga for the mystery. The story is basically that there is a mysterious person acting as "the King" who is granting wishes for a bunch of school kids. The wishes are turning dark and people are getting hurt. One of the hurt people is Arisa, and her twin sister is trying to find the "King" and stop them. The story is developing well, and I like the slow reveal going on with the characters. So far, it has been just fast enough to keep me interested. I look forward to see where the sto ...more
Elissa Schaeffer
May 08, 2012 Elissa Schaeffer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot thickens! :)

Yeah, you could see some stuff coming from a mile away, but it doesn't change the fact that I really liked the second installment. We get a real suspect, discover that Arisa may not be all that perfect, and develop more character relationships. The whole "missing" incident at the hospital was a little far-fetched and there are some forehead slapping moments with Tsubasa, but overall, great second book. Can't wait to read more!
Annette
Here, arises sister is well within the high school and has managed to convince everyone that she is in fact her twin sister. However, she has yet to discover who this king person is, and when she attempts to discover his identity, she is almost drowned in a pool! How's that for a twist? As she gets closer and closer to the secrets of king time, she realizes that this is not a game, and that the king may be behind arisas attempt at suicide.
Kyrstin
Jan 13, 2015 Kyrstin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I recently got my friend into manga and the first volume of Arisa is the first one she read. She couldn't wait to read the second one. When she read it the next day, I had it back before school even ended! When I got it for Christmas, I devoured it, basically, so I can understand why she loved it!
Regina Fuller
Sep 22, 2015 Regina Fuller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this is book because Arisa and Tsubasa are twin sister.. This book more of mystery of Arisa. Tsubasa more want know why Arisa did kill herself. Tsubasa want know who order her do it.. Tsubasa more care of her twin sister. This is book make I care my sis too.. This is book make I enjoy and more interesting. I loves book..
Megan M
Jun 29, 2012 Megan M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A strong first volume is followed by an absolutely stellar volume 2! The mystery of The King gets much darker and there are more twists and turns than I can possibly describe. Some where a little out there and some I could see coming, but I now have some series suspects in mind and I'm excited to get volume three!
Mikaela
Apr 22, 2015 Mikaela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
kachow
Aug 03, 2015 kachow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sequel proves to be just as a thriller as the beginning, and I am gripping onto the edge of my seat trying to find out who the kind really is! Fingers have been pointed so far at Arisa (Tsubasa's twin sister), Mariko (Arisa's best friend), and Manabe (the rebel in class 2B). I can't wait to get my hands on the later volumes!
Robert J. Roland
Arisa is really is an amazing book. I'm shocked how Arisa goes missing from the hospital but it is a little farfetched though. On top of that I don't trust Manabe. I don't know what it is about him but I can't figure it out. I'm possitive though that he isn't the king though. I do wonder who the king is however.
Ashley
Mar 27, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dani
Chapters 5-8.

So this is a really murky series that keeps you guessing. The twists and turns are incredible. You just have to go along for the ride! To tell you anything would give away the best bits...

BOTTOM LINE: A running mystery.
Emmy Lou
The twisted mystery continues!

Turns out Arisa was originally the King, but now someone has taken away her power and is threatening her. And Tsubasa's cover has been blown... the wrath of the King is heading her way!
Lara
Mar 09, 2012 Lara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wooo, the plot thickens! While Tsubasa gets closer to finding out the secret of who the King really is, others are onto the secret of who she actually is as well! Definitely a fun series--I'm going to keep going with it!
Selena
The plot thickens.

Currently it's skating along the border of "getting ridiculous" but staying on the right side. Still in the realm of believable for now, though. On the border is a good place for this one, though. :)
Rachael Graham
Jul 09, 2013 Rachael Graham rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
A bit different from your average shojo with elements of mystery, suspense and LOTS of twists. Good fun.
Meghann
Feb 08, 2014 Meghann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I liked it a lot better then vol 1 cant wait to read vol 3 !
Sara Lynn
Brittany
Aug 05, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The more I find out the more questions are brought up. Will def keep reading.
Sandy
Love the entire series! I kept hoping Manabe and Tsubasa were going to fall in love but they never did!
Kristine Hansen
Nov 11, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Just what has Arisa gotten herself into? The suspense builds. Arisa in danger?
Leah Webber
Jul 01, 2011 Leah Webber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish the pacing was a bit faster in this volume. I felt like barely anything got done.
Miriam
I love graphic novels! Again, such a good series especially for you manga geeks out there like me, it is very sad as well as funny and the plot is so cool. It is basically one big mystery!
Sara
Instead of revolving around a love triangle, this series revolves around a mystery and it's kinda fun. Not amazing like Kitchen Princess, but still pretty good.
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 5
  • I Am Here! Omnibus Vol. 02
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 02 (Barajou no Kiss, #2)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 7 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, #7)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 10: A Heart's Desire... (Shugo Chara!, #10)
  • Nijiiro Days 1 (Nijiiro Days #1)
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 5
  • Stepping on Roses, Volume 3
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 7
安藤なつみ, Andō Natsumi is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for Zodiac P.I. as well as Kitchen Princess, for which she won the Kodansha Manga Award for children's manga in 2006.

Favorites: Donald Duck
Favourite manga: Ossu! Ichijin and Kimagure Orange Road
Favourites: meats and fruits
Hobbies: shopping, reading and watching TV
More about Natsumi Ando...

Arisa (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Arisa, Vol. 01 (Arisa, #1)
  • Arisa, Vol. 03 (Arisa, #3)
  • Arisa, Vol. 04 (Arisa, #4)
  • Arisa, Vol. 05 (Arisa, #5)
  • Arisa, Vol. 06 (Arisa, #6)
  • Arisa, Vol. 07 (Arisa, #7)
  • Arisa, Vol. 08 (Arisa, #8)
  • Arisa, Vol. 09 (Arisa, #9)
  • Arisa, Vol. 10 (Arisa, #10)
  • Arisa, Vol. 11 (Arisa, #11)