Start by marking “Tech Support” as Want to Read:
Tech Support

Tech Support

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  1,498 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
Aaron is a whiz with computers but horrible with people. Painfully shy, it’s sometimes all he can do to communicate when he’s face to face with anyone. The fact that he has unusually red hair and gorgeous green eyes only makes it worse because people don’t want him to hide.

But then he’s called upon to troubleshoot a problem with the laptop of Yoshiki Fukui, a big shot exec
Published (first published January 16th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Tech Support, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tech Support

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
My first Jet Mykels book and I feel a bit underwhelmed. I tend to like Yaoi-style books so that aspect of the story didn't bother me, however nothing much happened plot-wise here. I felt like it was a piece of a larger story or something. Some more STORY would have been good. Also, I didn't love the amount of unprotected sex that they had here, but that is a pet peeve of mine in general. Overall, I liked the idea of a shy, dorky character winning over a confident, successful man but I wanted mor ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I usually like Jet Mykles books, I know what I'm getting and look forward to it!
This book was a 4* read till the last few pages where it dropped to a 2* so I settled on 3*.
Aaron is a socially awkward geek who is swept off his feet by the successful and wealthy Ki, but he just can't believe he's the right one for Ki.
(view spoiler)
Heather C
Mar 04, 2013 Heather C rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, m-m, gfy-ofy, cloud
Yuck. This was just bad. All kinds of bad...

No condom

No connection

No communication

No commitment

No consistency

I would have DNF it if it wouldn't have been so short.
Jayhjay
Aaron is a painfully shy 25-year-old working on a company's tech support staff. He is nervous interacting with people, although a whiz with his computers. As the new guy on his team, Aaron is sent to the office of Yoshiki Fukui to fix the latest in a series of broken laptops. Aaron immediately finds himself captivated with the tall, slim, gorgeous "Ki" but he doesn't really seem to recognize it as attraction.

After Aaron solves Ki's computer problem, Ki asks Aaron to help him set up an electroni
Rebecca ♥ Ash, Kishan, Warner ♥
This review can also be found on my blog: A Match Made in Heaven

I really enjoyed this. I love the idea of a shy techy guy as the MC. He was adorable and I really sympathized with him. I feel quite the same in social situations.

I loved when Aaron and Ki first met. When Aaron walked into his office and they both just stood there are checked each other out. You knew instantly where things would go, even if it hadn't been in a Jet Mykles story, and I was surprised how long it took. But you gotta be
ElaineY
Dec 01, 2008 ElaineY rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one. What a fun, easy read. I don't care for redheads, preferring the stereotypical tall, dark and handsome but I made an exception for Aaron and I'm glad I did because he's adorable in the way Jet Mykles' 'other' protags are. They're the perfect foil/complement to the other guy and I find them irresistible though I can't say I've read many JMs.

I've seen the Heaven Sent series get very good reviews but never bought any so I plan to hop over to Loose Id and buy the series.

Nitpick Mom
Trish
Jan 03, 2012 Trish rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This was ok. I'm a fan of this author but this one didn't impress me. Putting aside my own issue with the pronunciation of the MC Ki as "key" (which consistently threw me out of the story, my brain sees Ki and wants to say "Ki"), I still only found the story ok.

A few sentences seemed like run ons. Plus the MC's didn't have much depth. They had potential, but maybe b/c this one was on the shorter side we didn't get to delve too deep into their layers?? I found they were just ok too.

Obviously my
Beck
This was a nice little gay-for-you/out-for-you ... I do find angst that is completely centered around mis-communication annoying though so I held back one star ... the characters were very likable in this one ... there was a bit of insta-love but given the 'virginal' Aaron, it was easy to see him falling head-over-tea kettle for the older, more experienced Yoshiki ... a nice un-demanding, sweet read.
Kassa
Aug 15, 2009 Kassa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tech Support is a lot of fun to read. It’s incredibly quick with easy and fluid text with great, classic characters. The sex scenes were liberally scattered throughout this short story and the plot had just a little bit of angst, a little bit of romance and a relatable shy hero that most romance readers will simply fall in love with. I wouldn’t be surprised if many readers had this listed as a favorite story from Mykles.

The m/m romances that I’ve read from Mykles all tend to be along the same li
Yue
Who is the artist of these covers? All of them are so ugly. Looks like a cheap romance book. They are embarrassing, but Jet Mykles is such an expert in yaoi novels I almost forgive her awful covers.

Her formula works for me always, in spite of being so predictable. But again, only yaoi fangirls may appreciate this kind of plot. Cute uke+ handsome seme: Aaron is a geek nerd who likes to work on computers and hates to socialize. He meets Yoshiki, an important businessman, who takes in instant like
Sara Winters
Jan 17, 2012 Sara Winters rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I really enjoyed this story and though I started late, I stayed up to finish it when my brain was telling me to stop pretending to be awake. It was a sweet story about a guy who is so incredibly shy, he finds it difficult to interact with people away from his computer. Strangely, Aaron's shyness disappears around Ki so quickly he can't really explain it.

The only thing that bothered me about this story was the speed their relationship travelled. (view spoiler)
Mike
Sweet, geek and stud quick erotic romance.

(On a more general note, the emphasis of the sexual relationship overall seemed really focused on anal intercourse, although almost all of it was off-book. A virginal guy who seemed to never had any sexual contact with another guy before was penetrated during his first, surprising, encounter. That just blew my mind, as many male couples I know never have anal sex, and those that do tend to work up to it. Even for those [in my experience, very small mino
Autumn Moon
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Sweet but predictable story, mostly sex, made me happy EXCEPT unsafe sex which just PISSES ME OFF. The love interest confused me with his looks, really hard to picture how that happened, but they were both adorable.

But the big problem? It's Heat MEISER and Snow MEISER not "Heat Meister" and "Snow Meister." There is just no excuse for that kind of mistake.

3.5 stars rounded down to three because you just can't have someone love The Year Without A Santa Clause and get the names wrong.

Jo * Smut-Dickted *
There actually is BDSM threads running through here but more of a dominant lover than anything requiring contracts and safewords. Both characters were enjoyable - but not really well fleshed out. The geeky one was very socially awkward - and it felt awkward to read it too. Loved Ki - and his openness and would have dearly loved a lot more about him and his background. The tech parts of fun and this one has a HEA which satisfies.
Bea
I don't know what it is, but I love this author. I really enjoyed this book, there was just enough angst to make it interesting. I always love the hopelessness at the end before they come back together.

But, it's short and there is not much to the plot. That is my biggest complaint--- I wanted more!

Adara
Sep 16, 2010 Adara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gangbang2010q4
Cute, fluffy read, if a bit basic in the plot department and not exactly realistic. The character interactions were fun. I'm willing to overlook the difference of lifestyles as a matter of suspension of disbelief and consider it more HFN instead of HEA.
Sarai
Jun 23, 2008 Sarai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: M/M romance
Recommended to Sarai by: JenB
Shelves: romance, ebook, own, re-read
I loved this book. So short and sweet and OMG aaron was so cute!!! Highly recommend it. Although what happened at the end when they were in a fight PISSED ME off at the same time I think that it is something any guy would do so IDK but damn great book
Shannon
Dec 21, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet with a bit of hot smexing. Stayed up way too late to finish but it was worth it!
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews
I really liked this one. I loved Aaron he was shy and cute in his on way and red hair, green eyes...mHmm. Ki sounds the very wickedly sexy, dominate kind of man I love! :)
Edina Rose
It was a nice enough story, but nothing special. Very gorgeous heroes.
Dina
May 09, 2010 Dina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute mm romance
Charming
Jul 28, 2011 Charming rated it really liked it
I think I gave this one extra credit because of my inherent love of geeks.
Saritza
Oct 10, 2009 Saritza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read of Jet Mykles and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my foray into her world. I'd seen her books and posts at the Fiction with Friction and have been intrigued by the covers and summaries but never got around to reading the books I'd purchased. [Book: Tech Support] has been on my iPod Touch for several months and I can't believe I waited so long to read it!

Summary: Aaron is a whiz with computers but horrible with people. Painfully shy, it’s sometimes all he can do to comm
Blue
Mar 12, 2017 Blue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid 3 1/2 stars. A short and sweet read. Seems like I like my geeky IT guys. And what's not to like about a suitor that spends weeks preparing the ground by not coming on to you at all, but rather getting you all riled up about the technical specs of Entertainment Systems. A distinct lack of endless angsty MC moany monolgue helped too.
Mary Davis
Oct 28, 2012 Mary Davis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gay Romance Readers
Shelves: books-read-2012
B&N Synopsis:

"Aaron is a whiz with computers but horrible with people. Painfully shy, it's sometimes all he can do to communicate when he's face to face with anyone. The fact that he has unusually red hair and gorgeous green eyes only makes it worse because people don't want him to hide. But then he's called upon to troubleshoot a problem with the laptop of Yoshiki Fukui, a big shot executive with his company. Ki is brash, outgoing and painfully handsome and just being in his presence makes
Kaseka
Bea
Feb 26, 2014 Bea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Durante casi toda la historia iba a darle 4 estrellas. Pero no me gustó el final.
Llamadme antigua pero (view spoiler)
Phaney
Mar 31, 2015 Phaney rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2015 Re-read:

The yaoi fanfic influence is strong in this one. Right down to the character descriptions featuring impossibly crimson hair and a Japanese guy who looks nothing like a Japanese guy.
The premise itself (boss seducing shy nerd) is softened some from what it might have been as actual yaoi, though. Which I appreciate. I am not really into some of the prevalent tropes in that genre (such as rape and dubious consent).

Overall the writing here is not particularly good and the central conflic
Elisa Rolle
Another really good story from Jet Mykles. And like the cover, here we have an "yaoi" style story.

Aaron is a shy man, an IT geek with social problems: among people he feels unconfortable, but people don't let him quite... cause he is beautiful! He has wonderful red hair and bright green eyes. So when he goes to Yoshiki's office, the VP of the firm, for an IT problem, the man sees him and wants him and he don't stop in front of nothing to have what he wants.

Yoshiki, Ki, his a quarter japanese a
  • Drawn Together
  • Lord and Master (Lord and Master, #1)
  • Snow Angel
  • Lift Me Up
  • My Summer of Wes (Wes & Mal, #1)
  • Out of My Mind
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • Go Fish
  • Carol of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #1)
  • Bewitched by Bella's Brother
  • The Englor Affair (Sci-Regency #2)
  • The One That Got Away
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Precious Ache
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
  • Finding Home (Quinn Security, #1)
  • The Trap
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O'Shaughnessys #2)
Jet is a writer of sexual fantasy with a firm belief that all men are at least partially gay, that vampires are just people with a liquid diet and shapeshifters live on every block.
More about Jet Mykles...

“Did you mean it when you said it? Did you fall in love with me? Because I finally realized that I fell hard for you. I was fooling myself in not admitting it when I had you with me.” 0 likes
“I thought I'd lost you, and I went nuts. Fucking nuts. I've spent the last few weeks trying to forget you. I wanted to convince myself that you were right. That we weren't right. I fucked Rachel, trying to forget you. It didn't work. I can't. The thought of being without you anymore is too depressing for words. Say you'll come home with me, Aaron.” 0 likes