Start by marking “Tech Support” as Want to Read:
Tech Support
Preview

Tech Support

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  1,346 ratings  ·  95 reviews
Aaron is a whiz with computers but horrible with people. Painfully shy, it’s sometimes all he can do to communicate when he’s face to face with anyone. The fact that he has unusually red hair and gorgeous green eyes only makes it worse because people don’t want him to hide.

But then he’s called upon to troubleshoot a problem with the laptop of Yoshiki Fukui, a big shot exec
Published (first published January 16th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Tech Support, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tech Support

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
My first Jet Mykels book and I feel a bit underwhelmed. I tend to like Yaoi-style books so that aspect of the story didn't bother me, however nothing much happened plot-wise here. I felt like it was a piece of a larger story or something. Some more STORY would have been good. Also, I didn't love the amount of unprotected sex that they had here, but that is a pet peeve of mine in general. Overall, I liked the idea of a shy, dorky character winning over a confident, successful man but I wanted mor ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I usually like Jet Mykles books, I know what I'm getting and look forward to it!
This book was a 4* read till the last few pages where it dropped to a 2* so I settled on 3*.
Aaron is a socially awkward geek who is swept off his feet by the successful and wealthy Ki, but he just can't believe he's the right one for Ki.
(view spoiler)
Jayhjay
Aaron is a painfully shy 25-year-old working on a company's tech support staff. He is nervous interacting with people, although a whiz with his computers. As the new guy on his team, Aaron is sent to the office of Yoshiki Fukui to fix the latest in a series of broken laptops. Aaron immediately finds himself captivated with the tall, slim, gorgeous "Ki" but he doesn't really seem to recognize it as attraction.

After Aaron solves Ki's computer problem, Ki asks Aaron to help him set up an electroni
Heather C
Yuck. This was just bad. All kinds of bad...

No condom

No connection

No communication

No commitment

No consistency

I would have DNF it if it wouldn't have been so short.
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥
This review can also be found on my blog: A Match Made in Heaven

I really enjoyed this. I love the idea of a shy techy guy as the MC. He was adorable and I really sympathized with him. I feel quite the same in social situations.

I loved when Aaron and Ki first met. When Aaron walked into his office and they both just stood there are checked each other out. You knew instantly where things would go, even if it hadn't been in a Jet Mykles story, and I was surprised how long it took. But you gotta be
Autumn Moon
Elizabetta

Re-read for a test-of-time challenge. (originally 4.5 stars)

Geeky, tech-wiz Aaron catches the eye of business-wiz Yoshiki (Ki) Fukui while on the job. Ki seduces Aaron with tech gadgets by enlisting him to help outfit Ki's new home with the latest and best media electronics. What I really like about this short story besides the smooth delivery and sexy romance, is that Ki is mixed race Japanese/Caucasian with both feet comfortably planted in Japanese and American culture. We are not told this ou
ElaineY
I loved this one. What a fun, easy read. I don't care for redheads, preferring the stereotypical tall, dark and handsome but I made an exception for Aaron and I'm glad I did because he's adorable in the way Jet Mykles' 'other' protags are. They're the perfect foil/complement to the other guy and I find them irresistible though I can't say I've read many JMs.

I've seen the Heaven Sent series get very good reviews but never bought any so I plan to hop over to Loose Id and buy the series.

Nitpick Mom
Trish
This was ok. I'm a fan of this author but this one didn't impress me. Putting aside my own issue with the pronunciation of the MC Ki as "key" (which consistently threw me out of the story, my brain sees Ki and wants to say "Ki"), I still only found the story ok.

A few sentences seemed like run ons. Plus the MC's didn't have much depth. They had potential, but maybe b/c this one was on the shorter side we didn't get to delve too deep into their layers?? I found they were just ok too.

Obviously my
Beck
This was a nice little gay-for-you/out-for-you ... I do find angst that is completely centered around mis-communication annoying though so I held back one star ... the characters were very likable in this one ... there was a bit of insta-love but given the 'virginal' Aaron, it was easy to see him falling head-over-tea kettle for the older, more experienced Yoshiki ... a nice un-demanding, sweet read.
Kassa
Tech Support is a lot of fun to read. It’s incredibly quick with easy and fluid text with great, classic characters. The sex scenes were liberally scattered throughout this short story and the plot had just a little bit of angst, a little bit of romance and a relatable shy hero that most romance readers will simply fall in love with. I wouldn’t be surprised if many readers had this listed as a favorite story from Mykles.

The m/m romances that I’ve read from Mykles all tend to be along the same li
Sara Winters
I really enjoyed this story and though I started late, I stayed up to finish it when my brain was telling me to stop pretending to be awake. It was a sweet story about a guy who is so incredibly shy, he finds it difficult to interact with people away from his computer. Strangely, Aaron's shyness disappears around Ki so quickly he can't really explain it.

The only thing that bothered me about this story was the speed their relationship travelled. (view spoiler)
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Sweet but predictable story, mostly sex, made me happy EXCEPT unsafe sex which just PISSES ME OFF. The love interest confused me with his looks, really hard to picture how that happened, but they were both adorable.

But the big problem? It's Heat MEISER and Snow MEISER not "Heat Meister" and "Snow Meister." There is just no excuse for that kind of mistake.

3.5 stars rounded down to three because you just can't have someone love The Year Without A Santa Clause and get the names wrong.

Phaney
2015 Re-read:

The yaoi fanfic influence is strong in this one. Right down to the character descriptions featuring impossibly crimson hair and a Japanese guy who looks nothing like a Japanese guy.
The premise itself (boss seducing shy nerd) is softened some from what it might have been as actual yaoi, though. Which I appreciate. I am not really into some of the prevalent tropes in that genre (such as rape and dubious consent).

Overall the writing here is not particularly good and the central conflic
Bea
Durante casi toda la historia iba a darle 4 estrellas. Pero no me gustó el final.
Llamadme antigua pero (view spoiler)
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
There actually is BDSM threads running through here but more of a dominant lover than anything requiring contracts and safewords. Both characters were enjoyable - but not really well fleshed out. The geeky one was very socially awkward - and it felt awkward to read it too. Loved Ki - and his openness and would have dearly loved a lot more about him and his background. The tech parts of fun and this one has a HEA which satisfies.
Bea
I don't know what it is, but I love this author. I really enjoyed this book, there was just enough angst to make it interesting. I always love the hopelessness at the end before they come back together.

But, it's short and there is not much to the plot. That is my biggest complaint--- I wanted more!

Adara
Cute, fluffy read, if a bit basic in the plot department and not exactly realistic. The character interactions were fun. I'm willing to overlook the difference of lifestyles as a matter of suspension of disbelief and consider it more HFN instead of HEA.
Sarai
Jul 11, 2008 Sarai rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: M/M romance
Recommended to Sarai by: JenB
Shelves: romance, ebook, own, re-read
I loved this book. So short and sweet and OMG aaron was so cute!!! Highly recommend it. Although what happened at the end when they were in a fight PISSED ME off at the same time I think that it is something any guy would do so IDK but damn great book
Dee
3.35 I think, or thereabouts

This will be a very brief review, not because of the book, and I may return for a more thorough review later. Unfortunately right after reading this story I had a very rough personal time, hence the long delay between review and reading, and why my currently reading shelf has been empty for the past week. It's been.....unpleasant. But I did like this book I believe and the recent events aside it was a solid coming of age type gay for you/out for you theme. I do think
Holly
I really liked this one. I loved Aaron he was shy and cute in his on way and red hair, green eyes...mHmm. Ki sounds the very wickedly sexy, dominate kind of man I love! :)
Shannon
Short and sweet with a bit of hot smexing. Stayed up way too late to finish but it was worth it!
Edina Rose
It was a nice enough story, but nothing special. Very gorgeous heroes.
Charming
I think I gave this one extra credit because of my inherent love of geeks.
Saritza
This was my first read of Jet Mykles and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my foray into her world. I'd seen her books and posts at the Fiction with Friction and have been intrigued by the covers and summaries but never got around to reading the books I'd purchased. [Book: Tech Support] has been on my iPod Touch for several months and I can't believe I waited so long to read it!

Summary: Aaron is a whiz with computers but horrible with people. Painfully shy, it’s sometimes all he can do to comm
Kaseka
Robin
TECH SUPPORT brings two extremely different characters into a relationship that neither was expecting. The chemistry between Ki and Aaron is obvious at their first meeting. The sexual tension builds with each subsequent contact. Jet Mykles’ descriptions of Aaron’s insecurities and anxieties are well written and easy to relate to, especially if you’ve ever been shy. In the beginning, Ki comes across as brash and a bit flashy, but later proves that he possesses the depth of character that initiall ...more
Alex
Overall
A nice emotional ride, there isn't much of substance to keep the reader coming back for more. But if you're looking for hot, heavy and heart-warming, then this will fit the bill.

Strengths
Evoking emotion. While I wasn't particularly attached to the characters in the beginning, when the climax of the story happens, I was emotionally moved by the events.

Good writing. It wasn't amazing, but it was pretty strong and fulfilled the need of the type of book (erotica).

Weaknesses
Trope. The classic
Elisa Rolle
Another really good story from Jet Mykles. And like the cover, here we have an "yaoi" style story.

Aaron is a shy man, an IT geek with social problems: among people he feels unconfortable, but people don't let him quite... cause he is beautiful! He has wonderful red hair and bright green eyes. So when he goes to Yoshiki's office, the VP of the firm, for an IT problem, the man sees him and wants him and he don't stop in front of nothing to have what he wants.

Yoshiki, Ki, his a quarter japanese a
  • Drawn Together
  • My Summer of Wes (Wes & Mal, #1)
  • Lord and Master (Lord and Master, #1)
  • Wanting (Rocky Mountain High: Campus Hearts, #1)
  • Snow Angel
  • Finding Home (Quinn Security, #1)
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • Lift Me Up
  • Bewitched by Bella's Brother
  • Go Fish
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O’Shaughnessys #2)
  • The One That Got Away
  • The Englor Affair (Sci-Regency #2)
  • Timing (Timing, #1)
  • The Trap
  • Carol of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #1)
  • Gaydar (G-A-Y #1)
  • Got Mistletoe?
Jet is a writer of sexual fantasy with a firm belief that all men are at least partially gay, that vampires are just people with a liquid diet and shapeshifters live on every block.
More about Jet Mykles...
Heaven (Heaven Sent, #1) Purgatory (Heaven Sent, #2) Hell (Heaven Sent, #3) Just For You Faith (Heaven Sent, #4)

“Did you mean it when you said it? Did you fall in love with me? Because I finally realized that I fell hard for you. I was fooling myself in not admitting it when I had you with me.” 0 likes
“I thought I'd lost you, and I went nuts. Fucking nuts. I've spent the last few weeks trying to forget you. I wanted to convince myself that you were right. That we weren't right. I fucked Rachel, trying to forget you. It didn't work. I can't. The thought of being without you anymore is too depressing for words. Say you'll come home with me, Aaron.” 0 likes