Start by marking “February Friend (Calendar Mysteries #2)” as Want to Read:
February Friend (Calendar Mysteries #2)

February Friend (Calendar Mysteries #2)

It’s a mystery every month from popular A to Z Mysteries author Ron Roy!

February is for Friend...

In the secondbook of the Calendar Mysteries—an early chapter book mystery series featuring the younger siblings of the A to Z Mysteries detectives—it's a Valentine'sDay party! Bradley is passing out his class's valentines, but one of them has no name on it. Inside, the card tel
Published October 20th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about February Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about February Friend

Rosa Cline
Feb 24, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, valentines
This is a chapter book in a series called Calendar Mysteries, we've read a few of these books and this one was very good. The class receives a surprise Valentine which ends up being a class bunny. BUT the bunny is 'sick' so the twin boys that get to take him home for the weekend sees he's not well and they take him to the vet. The vet tells them he is depressed and needs his owner. but they don't know who it was that left him. They only have three photos of him as a baby bunny to go off of. So t ...more
Marfita
Feb 04, 2014 Marfita rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Blah. This might be okay for early readers who are stretching their skills, but it didn't do anything for me. After doing math and writing in their journals (do what?), the children in Mr. Vooray's first grade class launch into their Valentine's Day celebrations and find a mysterious gift of a pet rabbit in the "closet." The rabbit, whose name is Douglas, is not eating or drinking and misses his owner. If the kids can't track down the original owner, Douglas is doomed.
I don't know about you-all,
Dolly
Jul 29, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is the second book in the Calendar Mysteries series, a follow-on to the A to Z Mysteries by the same author. This series caters to a slightly younger audience and our girls really enjoy them. The mysteries are more benign and the stories are fairly short. They are good books for beginning readers who are starting to read chapter books. Our girls loved that this book highlighted a class pet.
Karen Arendt
I think this is a good book for second and third graders. I like how the main characters are pretty independent of their parents, though the parents still have a presence in the story.
Rochelle
Jan 20, 2016 Rochelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edrd-314
This book was a bit disappointing. There were so many characters, with too similar of names for me to keep track of. I cannot imagine being a child trying to keep all of the characters straight. The plot was cute though, trying to find the Bunny's owner; however, I think the moral was slightly flawed. Also throughout the story every food item is sweets, sweets, and more sweets. This is a child's book, maybe discouraging eating sweets all day would be a good idea. The book was over all okay, but ...more
Sue
Title: February Friend (Calendar Mysteries #2)
Author: Ron Roy
Genre: Young Adult

Challenges: To Be Continued…Challenge, 101 Books in 1001 Days Challenge, Read and Review Challenge 2010, 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge, 100 + Reading Challenge, Young Adult Reading Challenge, YA Through the Decades, 1st In A Series, Pages Read 2010, A to Z challenge, What An Animal III Challenge

Rating: 3/5
No. of Pages: 69
Published: 2009

Back Cover: It’s a Valentine’s Day party! Bradley is passing o
Amanda Kendall
Mar 01, 2016 Amanda Kendall rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bedtime
Dominic (6) quite liked this one. He liked Douglas the rabbit and was very worried that he would die. He was also pretty cross with Mr Neater.

Dom was very about Goldilocks the hamster living in Mr Voorey's classroom. He brought our hamster onto the bed so that she could hear the story, in case Goldilocks made a appearance.
Brandyn
Feb 11, 2015 Brandyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bryan-2015
I liked it because it was full of mysteries. It was surprising because the lunch monitor he put a bunny in the closet and the bunny (named Douglas), he can't do things without his owner. The lunch monitor can't take Douglas because he's moving somewhere where they can't have animals. I loved the book.
Marlee
Feb 06, 2015 Marlee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, cute, fun story to read with children in February. Both of my children enjoyed this book (they are 10 and 7). It's fast and easy to read. And if the children have already read the A-Z mysteries, as my children did, they get to read about some of the same characters.
Earline
Was hoping this story would have a Valentine's Day related mystery, but Valentine's Day was barely mentioned. Overall the story and mystery were okay, but I still think these books have way too many characters. So far I am unimpressed with the "Calendar Mysteries" series.
Martin Mok
Aug 15, 2016 Martin Mok rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was very meaningful and interesting. And my favourite chacater is Bradley, it is because he is a good man, he was care to the rabbit.
Anthony Smith
February Friend is a book about four children who at a school party get a message to check in the closet. To their surprise they find a rabbit that is very ill. The book does not provide a lot of text detail which does not help kids being able to imagine things. The book however does provide illustrations which can help for a little more detail. One big thing about the book is that it helps teach kids responsibility due to the fact the four kids in the book decided to help take care of the sick ...more
Gail
Jan 25, 2015 Gail rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great early chapter book. I will be using this book for VPL's 2nd-3rd grade book discussion. I'm sure most of the kids really liked it.
Krista
Nov 01, 2014 Krista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-books, 2014
The kids are back trying to solve the mystery of who left the rabbit in their classroom.
Nancy
Feb 29, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great for the young reader!
James Smith
Feb 18, 2016 James Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book.
Liam
Feb 13, 2016 Liam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book wasn't the best.
Caleb
Mar 22, 2016 Caleb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good
Kaytee
Jul 16, 2015 Kaytee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
they found a rabbit in the closet but it won't drink,eat or move so they had to find the owner of the rabbit then they found the owner it was mr neater.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
bradley finds a valentine card with no name which tells him to look in the closet. he finds a bunny there. his neighbor left the bunny there to surprise him.
These are cute and the perfect pace for Gillian right now. She and I alternate reading a page each.
Erin
Feb 11, 2012 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was alright. Good read for your son, a Valentine's Day Story that isn't lovey-dovey or girly.
Emily
May 25, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book series! Perfect for people who like the A to Z mysteries!
Perla
Judith
Judith added it
Sep 26, 2016
kim a. broderick
kim a. broderick rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
monique Marano
monique Marano rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
  • The Pinstripe Ghost (Ballpark Mysteries #2)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace (Encyclopedia Brown, #6)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps
  • The Case of the Mixed-Up Mutts (The Buddy Files, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaoh (Agatha, Girl of Mystery #1)
  • The Missing Heir (The Sherlock Files #4)
  • Pugsley (The Puppy Place, #9)
  • The Catnapping Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #18)
  • Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy, Secret Admirer
  • Eve of the Emperor Penguin (Magic Tree House, #40)
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • The Case of the Snowboarding Superstar (Jigsaw Jones, #29)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Calendar Mysteries (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)
  • March Mischief (Calendar Mysteries Series #3)
  • April Adventure (Calendar Mysteries, #4)
  • May Magic (Calendar Mysteries, #5)
  • June Jam (Calendar Mysteries, #6)
  • July Jitters (Calendar Mysteries, #7)
  • August Acrobat (Calendar Mysteries, #8)
  • September Sneakers (Calendar Mysteries, #9)
  • October Ogre (Calendar Mysteries #10)
  • November Night (Calender Mysteies #11)