Start by marking “Deadly Intentions” as Want to Read:
Deadly Intentions

Deadly Intentions

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Lisa Claxton has started her own cleaning business on Paradise Island and may finally profit from her talent for whipping a house into shape. A valuable Claxton heirloom is missing and Lisa has tracked it down to a local home. But when she arrives she finds a dead body and flees right into the safe arms of an irresistibly handsome man.
Published May 1st 2011 by Dafina (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Intentions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Intentions

Cassie
Lisa started a cleaning business to find a stolen family heirloom. After a woman is murdered in a house she cleans, she meets Brian, an injured Navy SEAL. As romance between the two blosom, so does the danger. Lisa and her family aren't the only ones looking for the golden bowl. Others are. . .others who are willing to do whatever it takes to posses it. Even if that means killing Lisa's entire family...

Deadly Intentions is part of a series but I understood the book just fine having not read the
Nerissa
I wasn’t sure how I would like this book, but once I picked it up the story flowed really well and I found myself hooked. Lisa is a woman on a mission to find a stolen heirloom and somehow she always finds herself in some kind of danger. Lisa lives in a small island where everyone around her either knows her or is related to her. Lisa is dealing with a lot of emotional baggage and believes by returning the bowl that this may be the way to redeem herself in her families eyes. Her family has roots ...more
African Americans on the Move Book Club
Deadly Intentions follows Lisa Claxton as she embarks on a new venture, her very own house-cleaning business. In addition to gaining success as an entrepreneur, her true mission is to recover a stolen family heirloom in order to prove to her family that she is not the screw up she has shown herself to be in the past.

Lisa uses her business as a front in order to gain access to the home of the person she thinks possesses her family’s golden bowl. When she arrives for her first cleaning assignment,
April
DEADLY INTENTIONS by Candice Poarch is an interesting romantic suspense set in present day Paradise Island,Virgina.It is well written with depth and details.The plot is easy to follow and interesting.The characters are engaging,determined,and will capture your heart. It has lies,danger,murder,romance,suspense,intrigue,love,family heirloom,and mystery. Lisa Claxton,is searching a family heirloom,she works her way into the home of who is believes stole the heirloom through her housecleaning busine ...more
Andrea Jackson
WINNER : 2012 eMMA FOR BEST ROMANTIC SUSPENSE

The romance of the story was passionate. It had a well-thought-out mystery plot with development that depended on the characters' traits. However, the plot did turn on coincidence more often than I like to see. I would have liked to see a sharper plot with more elements of surprise but it was a good story.

The hero was loving and tender to the heroine. He also showed a great heroic side when he did his "SEAL" thing to rescue the heroine. I would defini
Marcia
Very exciting, but having not read the first books in the series, I still don't know the complete history of the bowls. That should have been reviewed in each book.
Jacque
This was a very interesting book. I loved the way it was written. It kept me interested and ready for more. It was a fast read and was one of the best books I have read so far.

The main character is looking for a bowl that has been in her family for centuries. There are other people who are also looking for the bowl and are willing to kill for it. The main character gets in the middle of the murders that are happening and in the middle of the conspiracy to get the bowl.

This book was very well wr
Shana
Deadly Intentions is part of a suspense series written by Candice Poarch. It's not hard-boiled, nitty-gritty mystery. Rather, I'd consider this to be in the "romantic suspense" genre. I found much of the suspense to be predictable, which left me slightly disappointed. However, Poarch's characters are well-developed and overall, likeable. I enjoyed the way in which she weaved both the history of the setting and the history of her characters' families together. While this was not a favorite, I wou ...more
Linda Nelson
Aug 30, 2011 Linda Nelson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Murder Mystery Romance Readers
What a great murder mystery romance novel. I don’t read books of this genre very often, but I really did enjoy this book.
The author, Candice Poarch, has a nice writing style making her story easy to read.
I tend to only read on my work breaks and this book did make it hard to go back to work. I just wanted to keep reading.
Now I will be going back in search of more books by this author, and I will look for her new ones in the future.
I received this book in a Member Giveaway on the Library Thing do
Heathercrow
Won this on a first reads giveaway! Excited for it to come! Ok so I just finished this book. I haven't read this genre for a long time and was kind of startled when someone was killed in the first 20 pages. I will say that it was a pretty good mystery. The language was not too bad, but had a lot of sex in it. I didn't know when I started reading it that this was the 4th book in the series and I was a little confused since I hadn't read the 1st 3. This book was ok.
Angie
Jul 27, 2011 Angie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Angie by: anzal6@aol.com
Shelves: first-reads
This is a first reads win. First off this book was an entertaining mystery... I liked the plot and the characters, the story had me at the edge of my seat i would have liked to see the problem resolved with more action but i enjoyed all aspects of this book... I loved the way the main character found he happy ending... the family ties in the book was beautiful and happy the way it should be loved this book...
Tara
This book is about a girl named Lisa who is getting her life together, but still seems to get herself in the kind of trouble that can get you killed. She is desperate to find a family heirloom, but she ends up finding much more than that. This book has a little bit of suspense, drama, mystery, and romance. It is one of those books I would take to read on the beach.
Bibliolatry Me
The story is not an overly long full length book; therefore, I can say that it would have been more than acceptable to slow down the ending. Most importantly to me, the love story between Lisa and Brain seems real and genuine making me fully enjoy their HEA. Enjoy!

Read the full review by Karia
Ronda
Goodreads Giveaway! It was just "okay" for me. I thought the relationship developed extremely fast and not enough time was spent on the end of the story. I may have liked it better if I had read the previous books in the series, but alone, it wasn't memorable.
Kathy
As I read this book I kept inking hati had read this story before. I finally realized that this was a series. It was a good story and a quick read.
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Lou Douglas
Lou Douglas marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Ruth Hill
Ruth Hill marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Jacquie
Jacquie marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Silky Pearl
Silky Pearl marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Even as a child Candice Poarch was a dreamer and created scenes in her mind. She quickly fell in love with writing stories centered around families and romance. The quest for love is universal, she says. Being familiar with rural Virginia, she portrays a sense of community and mutual support in her novels, many of which are set in small-town America.

Candice grew up in Stony Creek, Virginia, south
More about Candice Poarch...
With This Kiss Then Comes Love Bittersweet Golden Night secrets in the sand (Fifty Gone Wild #3)